• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Based Ambrose getting Triple H's best singles match since Bryan out of him.

dean-ambrose-3795-vs-triple-h-on-roadblock.gif

I haven't seen the match since it happened, was that a botch? I don't get what's happening

jmdajr

Rock being the highest grossing actor in Hollywood still kind of baffles me though. Like, unlike Arnold or Sly, the dude doesn't seem like he has any trademark role/franchise at all like how Arnold had Terminator or how Sly had Rocky/Rambo. And no, I don't count Fast and Furious as Rock's franchise since he didn't tag on until the 5th movie
although he is what saved the franchise.

Rock is saving franchises and bringing back old ones. Soon he will be playing Super Heroes. It is all kind of strange.

Sephzilla

Rock is saving franchises and bringing back old ones. Soon he will be playing Super Heroes. It is all kind of strange.

Rock's playing a villain for a super hero nobody under the age of 50 cares about. I'll actually be shocked if Black Adam happens because I'm predicting the Snyderverse gets shelved/rebooted after JL or Aquaman

I'm pretty sure WB is (seemingly) holding off on Black Adam in case they decide to reboot their DC universe after Justice League.

But Sephzilla is right in that Rock doesn't have an original franchise success he can call his own. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but it'd be a shame if it didn't: San Andreas is proof he's a draw on his own.

Zach

Haitch had good matches with people more over than him around 2000/2001 even when he went over.

...Mmhmm. Am I supposed to take something away from this? I know that sounds sassy, but I'm for realz confused. Are you, like, taking away that I actually think Triple H has only had one good match ever? I was just joshing about that. He's had some good-ish matches. But I really only think back to that one Foley match as being great and must-see.

jmdajr

I'm pretty sure WB is (seemingly) holding off on Black Adam in case they decide to reboot their DC universe after Justice League.

But Sephzilla is right in that Rock doesn't have an original franchise success he can call his own. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but it'd be a shame if it didn't: San Andreas is proof he's a draw on his own.

He has some good unique movies just not many. I thought Central Intelligence was funny. Yeah San Andres was solid.

But Rampage?Jumanij?Jungle Cruise? Baywtach?
I mean he is even doing a reboot of this!
MV5BMTc3NzM4MjkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ2MzUxMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Tall4Life

What the fuck. That's gotta be shopped.

The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone, in that ring, even in commentary! Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little collector cups. I’m not on the cover of the program. I’m barely promoted. I don't get to be in movies. I’m certainly not on any crappy show on the USA Network. I’m not on the poster of WrestleMania. I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of the show. I’m not on Conan O’Brian. I’m not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Dwayne is in the main event at WrestleMania next year and I’m not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who are sipping on those collector cups right now. You’re the ones that buy those programs that my face isn’t on the cover of. And then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face and get an autograph and try to sell it on eBay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m leaving with the WWE Championship on July 17th. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Maybe…I’ll go back to Ring of Honor.

[Punk looks at the camera and waves]

Hey, Colt Cabana, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Vince McMahon is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, nonsensical, douchebag (censored) yes men, like John Laurinaitis, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will better after Vince McMahon is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon alright. We do this whole [anti] bully campaign...

[Microphone cuts off]

Sephzilla

Even though it furthers the "Rock doesn't have a franchise of his own" thing, I'd love to see a reboot of Terminator with Rock in the Arnold role

...Mmhmm. Am I supposed to take something away from this? I know that sounds sassy, but I'm for realz confused. Are you, like, taking away that I actually think Triple H has only had one good match ever? I was just joshing about that. He's had some good-ish matches. But I really only think back to that one Foley match as being great and must-see.
Look at you, poopooing on Triple H when you sprinted though his 2002-2005 reign of terror.

What do YOU know about how bad Triple H can be, huh?!

Syder

I just think he's had more than one must-see.

Sephzilla

Let's pass the torch but for realz!

There's a couple of Arnold movies I could easily see being remade with Rock. Commando would be another one since that movie is all about crowd popping one-liners. I couldn't see Rock doing Predator though, mostly because Rock would make the Predator look like a vanilla midget.

I think I just want to see Rock in some R-Rated 80s throwback

The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone, in that ring, even in commentary! Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little collector cups. I’m not on the cover of the program. I’m barely promoted. I don't get to be in movies. I’m certainly not on any crappy show on the USA Network. I’m not on the poster of WrestleMania. I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of the show. I’m not on Conan O’Brian. I’m not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Dwayne is in the main event at WrestleMania next year and I’m not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who are sipping on those collector cups right now. You’re the ones that buy those programs that my face isn’t on the cover of. And then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face and get an autograph and try to sell it on eBay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m leaving with the WWE Championship on July 17th. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Maybe…I’ll go back to Ring of Honor.

[Punk looks at the camera and waves]

Hey, Colt Cabana, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Vince McMahon is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, nonsensical, douchebag (censored) yes men, like John Laurinaitis, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will better after Vince McMahon is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon alright. We do this whole [anti] bully campaign...

[Microphone cuts off]
This isn't OwensIsNow talking to Tall4Life, this is Sally Brooks talking to John Taul Levesque.
K4l0uxr.jpg

I've really figured this crap out. Like, I barely felt it by not watching RAWR. :D
Oh, you have no idea. There was nothing more deflating during those 3 or so years than a Triple H victory.

He's trying to be Ric Flair, but the difference is Ric always won the match by the skin of his teeth. Triple H would just kill the face with a pedigree and that would be it regardless of how slow the ref counted.

Rock just seems like a workaholic. He's not a broken-down, drug-addicted conman like so many of the other tragedies involving older wrestlers, so we should be happy for him instead of predicting his death.
Rock being the highest grossing actor in Hollywood still kind of baffles me though. Like, unlike Arnold or Sly, the dude doesn't seem like he has any trademark role/franchise at all like how Arnold had Terminator or how Sly had Rocky/Rambo. And no, I don't count Fast and Furious as Rock's franchise since he didn't tag on until the 5th movie

Even though it furthers the "Rock doesn't have a franchise of his own" thing, I'd love to see a reboot of Terminator with Rock in the Arnold role

Rock gets by on his sheer amount of charisma and on-screen presence. The movies being good is just a side benefit.

Also you're forgetting about Scorpion King, The Rundown, and Walking Tall.

Zach

Oh, you have no idea. There was nothing more deflating during those 3 or so years than a Triple H victory.

He's trying to be Ric Flair, but the difference is Ric always won the match by the skin of his teeth. Triple H would just kill the face with a pedigree and that would be it regardless of how slow the ref counted.

I can't believe you guys kept on truckin'. >_>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why would you get some also ran like Rocky Maiva to remake Commando when you have Arnie's chosen successor, Triple H, right there?!?

Tagyhag

Rock gets by on his sheer amount of charisma and on-screen presence. The movies being good is just a side benefit.

Yep, The Rock just plays The Rock in his films. And that's what people want.

Just like Arnie played Arnie in all his films.

I mean, was there really a big difference between Dutch and Matrix?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God, if you had to pick one, would you go with The Rock or Prince Iaukea?

Take all the time you need.

Prince sucks in the ring...but he also had the GOAT WCW 2000 Cruiserweight gimmick of being the Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea...

The Rock can't main event movies. He's better at curtain jerking (co star)

I thought he made a couple of journey movies

All these champions today who defend the title once a quarter lol what a joke.

Give me Flair and his nightly defense of a coveted championship. Dude was all over the country sometimes wrestling twice a day.

Sephzilla

None of those movies are on the same tier as Terminator or Rocky.

Although I still want a sequel to The Rundown, that movie was super FnP

That's cause Rock's in so many movies it's impossible for him not to be

Top Bottom