• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Tagyhag

Shoot: I don't give a shit if people enjoyed his work or not, this is not about that, Otunga or Saxton could be the ones in his position and I would still feel the same.

Yep, and I bet the only reason those two aren't bullied is because they can defend themselves. Mauro never stood a chance.

Zach

Shoot: I don't give a shit if people enjoyed his work or not, this is not about that, Otunga or Saxton could be the ones in his position and I would still feel the same.

Yep. And I'm sure at least Saxton deals with this crap, right? Or are they on different shows?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides the amazing name Death and Taxes just wouldn't have worked. Taker is too solid a face by then and IRS is the heeliest heel there is. Maybe faker taker and IRS though...

Heroman

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, I like Tom Phillips better than Mauro.

That doesn't mean I wanted Mauro gone, but I think Phillips just works better for wrestling than Mauro does and I think he has far better chemistry with the color guys than Mauro does. Calling matches like they're shoots comes off weird.
But that the best way to call them.

somedevil

David Bixenspan decided to take one for everyone and listen to Russo new podcast where it seems he lost his mind where he says stuff like this:

Listening to the Russo thing because…I don’t know why. 15 minutes in, Russo has called all wrestling writers fat, ugly, and gay.

Russo just admitted he watches women wrestle “on the long shot there’s a nip slip

Russo: “Wade Keller has probably never thrown a punch in his life.”

Oh and now Vince Russo just called pro wrestling’s most prominent gay journalist as “pansy."

“I don’t hate Justin LaBar. I hate all of those others.”

Says he hates everyone else because they “attacked him for years” out of jealousy.

Russo: “I happen to know that Justin LaBar is not a homosexual.”

If Mauro is truly done with WWE it's a fucking shame. JBL should have been long gone ages ago and the fact he's not speaks volumes for the company. Mauro deserved better than what he got.

Fucking JBL... To be one of the bigger cunts in a business full of cunts takes some doing. The fact he still has a job after all the shit he's pulled over the years makes me sick.

Besides the amazing name Death and Taxes just wouldn't have worked. Taker is too solid a face by then and IRS is the heeliest heel there is. Maybe faker taker and IRS though...
I'm actually wondering how this would've worked. I wish Conrad would've pushed him on about that.

I'm not gonna lie, I like Tom Phillips better than Mauro.

That doesn't mean I wanted Mauro gone, but I think Phillips just works better for wrestling than Mauro does and I think he has far better chemistry with the color guys than Mauro does. Calling matches like they're shoots comes off weird.
I'm the opposite. I don't like Phillips much. Guy is way too boring.

Kaladin

ST504.jpg

I wasn't defending JBL's actions with my comments so don't read into it too much.

I've never liked the dip shit and this was going back to his Blackjack days.

Anth0ny

New Japan should get Mauro for those LA shows. I can only pray they're successful enough for more people to leave that fucking circus at WWE.

Sephzilla

Have IRS turn face by exposing that DiBiase hasn't paid taxes in years. Then when the tag team inevitably breaks up, they break up because IRS says Taker's dead parents have unpaid taxes and he tries to make Taker pay for them. After the feud is over IRS says he'll simply go to someone else to get that tax money, thus leaving us with a faint tease of the Kane feud that would come years later.

Zach

I hated watching IRS wrestle. All sweaty and... clothed.

I do kind of like The Write-Off, though, because it's so lame. (The flying clothesline version.)

Sephzilla

LMAO

Actually the only reason I use light theme is because light theme GAF blends in better with the other actually-work-related sites I visit. So it's the more SFW version. Dark theme mobile GAF looks awful though, so on my phone I always use light theme

klonere

Banned
David Bixenspan decided to take one for everyone and listen to Russo new podcast where it seems he lost his mind where he says stuff like this:

Bix just did a special podcast going over the origins of Russo. He was the very first co-opted wrestling journalist, more or less.

He sponsored a wrestling talk show in New York through the video store he ran. This got him kind of co-editing power on the wrestling newsletter that same show was promoting/adjacent to. Now this is 92 and WWF is under real heavy fire from all the insider sheets for steroids and drug abuse as well as possible child abuse and homosexuality (the latter two were disproven). So Russo takes up this sabre and starts writing THINK OF THE CHILDREN pieces, with absolute zero subtly, wit or edge. He has zero talent for writing and comes off as a hack. He complains how WWF never respond to his allegations or request for information, nor any other upstanding wrestling journalist. He says how its all a disgusting corrupt cabal that is a blight on the wrestling industry.

Not only that but he reviews other wrestling tapes, including a Pat O'Connor match where he praises the realism, selling and pacing of the match, how it wasn't the guy who attacked the other one with a foreign object or how refreshing it was that all the action happened inside the ring. Vince Russo everybody.

Literally 2 WEEKS later, WWF runs a steroid symposium, Vinny Roo gets invited and he decides to attend (unlike Meltzer and Keller for example). There he meets Vince McMahon. He then splits with his partner at the newsletter because he wants to stan for the WWF now. He spends an entire issue going on about how unfair it is that everyone is going after Vince, how none of the allegations are true, how the newsletters are nothing but tabloid gossiphounds, how great the WWF is and how there is no way anybody is using steroids. He pulls the "I WENT TO COLLEGE AND GOT A DEGREE IN JOURNALISM BUDDY" line many, many times.

Vince Russo!

Sephzilla

IRS was awesome. I legit marked out when IRS was one of the candidates on that Price Is Raw segment when Bob Barker was guest host.

"...is that with or without taxes?"

Top Bottom