• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

O0Za1Ow.jpg

JEEZUS!

This could've been yours Finn

tumblr_ocbhdqUz4F1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like this joke would have probably worked if Shibata hadn't almost died in the ring a day and a half ago

Even Meltzer has remarked on occasion that the NJPW style they use on the really big shows isn't sustainable and its only a matter of time til someone annihilates themselves in the ring.

That's besides the point, notice how almost everyone they've taken were talents Smackdown built to be entertaining and actually rescued from mediocrity. Wyatt was champ and people were into him, Heat and Rhyno were champs and Slater got over, Miz had his best run ever, Dean was whatever.

SD's midcard was nonexistent, now it's even worse, doesn't matter that they get two, maybe three top guys, that roster needs depth, and bad.

Rhyno and Slater, not doing anything
Wyatt, complete fucking joke after Mania
Dean, still Dean.

Miz and Maryse is the only big loss, and even then, they wrapped up their feud. Miz vs Nakamura wouldn't have been that great.

cordy

Banned
Miz and Maryse are the only actual moves I count as a "loss" for SmackDown.

Unless we're going to pretend Dean and Bray Wyatt were lighting it up on SD (They weren't)

According to who? You or the company?

The company value's Ambrose more than anyone who's been drafted this far and they value Wyatt more than Miz as well.

Ambrose has been talked about so much on this damn Raw. He's a Top Guy for a reason but shit let's just get down to it:

Who do you think will be on SDL worth watching besides Nakamura? They're straight up killin the game tonight.

The Big Dog.

and kevin owens and sami. i don't think smackdown has lost much beyond Miz. everyone else coming through is kinda boring. bray wyatt? god damn his entrance puts me to sleep long before his matches do.

cordy

Banned
The Big Dog.

and kevin owens and sami. i don't think smackdown has lost much beyond Miz. everyone else coming through is kinda boring. bray wyatt? god damn his entrance puts me to sleep long before his matches do.

I really don't think they'll draft Reigns to SDL. That would be the biggest shocker to me.

Knox

People love Smackdown but trash pretty much everyone on it other than Miz and AJ. As long as they can keep AJ, Smackdown could come out winners if they get Sami and/or KO.

According to who? You or the company?

The company value's Ambrose more than anyone who's been drafted this far and they value Wyatt more than Miz as well.

I'm not a shareholder, I just want the show I watch to not be shit. It's hilarious when people point to merch sales as a defense.

Rhyno and Slater, not doing anything
Wyatt, complete fucking joke after Mania

Dean, still Dean.

Miz and Maryse is the only big loss, and even then, they wrapped up their feud. Miz vs Nakamura wouldn't have been that great.

That was not a problem of the talent, and Mania was barely a week ago!

SD can get Owens, Cesaro, Sheamus or whatever, but good luck building Jinder vs Corbin midcard feud.

I just feel the main problem with SD will continue no matter how many Nakamuras you have for the main event scene.

Miz just fucking lost to Sami Zayn. GREAT

jurgen

It wouldn't have been great in itself but it would have been a great introduction for Nakamura to the main roster. Miz is "WWE wrestler™" and would show how well he works a match on the main roster.

Miz is a great heel but he's also excellent at putting people over too. I think it would have made Nak look fantastic in the end.

cordy

Banned
I'm not a shareholder, I just want the show I watch to not be shit. It's hilarious when people point to merch sales as a defense.

Who's using merch sales?

Miz isn't more important than Ambrose, he isn't more important than Wyatt. If you think so you're bullshitting lmao. He's that guy sent to help others get over, not the guy winning the matches who the company values in other areas. I mean, Cena was right at the end of the day.

I think it is worth keeping in mind that after the first draft SD roster looked mediocre but the show turned out great.

We will just have to see what happens.

That was not a problem of the talent, and Mania was barely a week ago!

SD can get Owens, Cesaro, Sheamus or whatever, but good luck building Jinder vs Corbin midcard feud.

I just feel the main problem with SD will continue no matter how many Nakamuras you have for the main event scene.

Mania was a week ago, but continued the story of Bray Wyatt being an absolute joke for the last...4 years?

Top Bottom