• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Toki767

I'm a hater of Roman but in this 2 gifs I truly believe is undertaker's fault

Finlay kicks his legs up just as high as Undertaker does. And I'd blame this botch on Booker T not being able to lift him.

booker.gif

Of course in the case of Reigns/Undertaker's botch, it didn't help that Reigns was not in actual tombstone position before attempting to reverse it.

Pikma

Banned
Why will there be another TakeOver so soon? Did they finally realize their mistake regarding these long ass repetitive and impossible to properly book build ups?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why will there be another TakeOver so soon? Did they finally realize their mistake regarding these long ass repetitive and impossible to properly book build ups?

They only have them currently set for every Big 4 show, but last year they did an interstitial one between WM and SS since its a really long delay.

Ithil

They have to put one between the WM and Summerslam ones or else it's like a five month gap, and I guess they were not going to pass up a Chicago Takeover.

shaowebb

I'm a hater of Roman but in this 2 gifs I truly believe is undertaker's fault

Taker is too old and Roman has had a problem with lifting dudes before. It makes it a mess of a match.

I honestly feel Undertaker's last match should have been booked vs Lesnar. Sooooooooo much easier to push. Tries to defeat the only man to beat him at wrestlemania...fails and is retired. It would have had more impact and he would have had a more athletic and built guy with history vs him to send him off and cover for his waning strength and presence in the ring. No one would have objected to a monster like Brock being the one chosen to send off the original destroyer.

I also feel that this would've, god help me for saying this, made for a much BETTER match to sell for Goldberg's last contract match and scheduled title drop. I think booking Reigns vs Goldberg would have been a smarter booking. They want Reigns spear to be insurmountably built up as a super move? Then pit him vs the originator of it and push the announcers to talk about which man's spear is more powerful and of course have them both kick out of spears at least once to show courtesy before eventually a numbers game leads to Reigns getting the win for the scheduled title drop. Either a numbers game of just hitting a shitload of finishers or actually have Shield reform. Either work. The latter leads to more fun shit for the year though and a good starting point to make Reigns into a real heel draw.

Yes, I know I just literally advocated Reigns being booked a win vs Goldberg and a title reign as champ again. I still feel it would've been better than having Roman retire Taker and I feel it would've drawn better at Wrestlemania 33. Consequentially, I'd have ridden Lesnar retiring Taker to Lesnar booked vs Reigns and winning the belt at the next PPV leading to Reigns pursuing Lesnar. Better than working that angle from the current position which I feel is coming...far better to book Reigns with all the heat from giving him a title pursued by someone as built as Lesnar to make them show up. Folks would love to see Reigns lose after having him drop Goldberg and it'd draw. The following rubber match.....ehhhh...only if they finally used it to go true heel with Reigns.

He didn't even do his top rope walk one last time. :(

I don't think he did the old school last year either. He also couldn't do the leg drop on the apron this time :(

I wouldn't mind the Hardyz losing the belts with some heelish tactics, gets some heat to the heels and puts the over face team chasing, which is where they should be.

Beefy

The only reason I've missed Raw these past several months is because of work. But I called out, so now I have the evening free.

I hope with Steph having gone through the table at Mania, at least she won't be on it tonight. You get to see the Hardyz match I guess? How is work going?

korly

With last night's entrance and Joe not being booked I thought we'd see the debut of TripleHs & Eights. Maybe that's tonight.

Toki767

With last night's entrance and Joe not being booked I thought we'd see the debut of TripleHs & Eights. Maybe that's tonight.

Raw really needs a new stable or top heel act.

Now that Owens and Jericho split, it feels like everyone is just off in their own world.

Bubba T

So WWE would at least get 1mil PPV buys for Mania at $60+ a pop but can only get 1.6mil subscribers for fucking $9.99? And 300 thousand people said "fucking paying $9.99 but i guess i'll watch it for free". Ratings are low, house shows are low, and they have to shill the network with free months every fucking week including the biggest show of the year. Vince is such a dipshit.

The WWE reported a net revenue increase of 11% and a net income increase of 40% in 2016. I think their strategy is working.

I think the Hardy return reached outside the WWE bubble. Got some jabronies asking if I watched "the WWE" yesterday. World title run incoming.

Guzim

I think the Hardy return reached outside the WWE bubble. Got some jabronies asking if I watched "the WWE" yesterday. World title run incoming.
A bunch of my students were talking about it today. They were telling me how much they loved Jeff in 2009 and how much they hated Punk.

Matticers

They're really going with this like it was the biggest, most important thing at Wrestlemania. Ridiculous. Glad they value their championships so much.

Top Bottom