• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Apollo was more cheered than Almas back at NXT. And Crews isn't doing shit right now which is my point as to where the future of Almas will be, although he has more charisma, so who knows.

Maybe actually getting into a good program he can win might help him, poor dude can't catch a break in NXT

Almas I think is more over in general. He's a heel, but I think he's much better at being a heel than Apollo was being a babyface.

I just think he has more of a star quality when I watch him than I ever thought with Apollo. Don't know, I can't explain it. Just a feeling.

Caderfix

The Hardyz return to the WWE is still trending at #1. They are ahead goddamn buzzfeed's "cheap vs expensive" series.

Give the WWE belt to Jeff, the Universal belt to Matt and make them the tag champs in both shows already, Vince.

The Hardyz return to the WWE is still trending at #1. They are ahead goddamn buzzfeed's "cheap vs expensive" series.

Give the WWE belt to Jeff, the Universal belt to Matt already and have them be the tag champs in both divisions already, Vince.

Pretty sure they did a non-WWE interview last night after WM where they said they want to take the Usos' belts too.

Final predictions for this week:

Raw
Finn returns
Sasha turns heel
Angle is the new GM
Andrade & Drifter debut

SmackDown
Shinsuke & The Revival debut
AJ becomes #1 contender
Shelton returns

The only thing I think differently is I think they'll do the Wyatt/Orton rematch next and also move immediately to AJ/Nakamura because they have no patience and probably think a match with AJ is the easiest way to immediately get Nakamura over.

tmac456

Think I'm most excited for Finn. Do agree he needs to expand on differentiating the demon shtick but still a big fan of him

Ithil

Random tidbit of the day: Werner Herzog is apparently a huge fan of wrestling

ojWPoaWl.jpg

It's a guy who made a movie about eating his shoe, listened to audio of a man being killed by a bear, and threatened to shoot his crazy actor if he didn't do his job, of course he likes wrestling. I'm sure those have all been angles in some promotion at some point.

I think Finn vs. Lesnar can work off the bat. Even if Finn loses, if he takes Lesnar closer to the limit than any non-Goldberg opponent in the past three years, he can still come out better for it.

The hat and dance are stupid

You may think so, but it's part of a package that is working.

If they let Andrada make the ingobernables USA who could be in the stable?

If he goes to SD Corbin could be a good candidate, he already haves that do not give a damn attitude. Maybe the Usos, they could make a good fit with Andrade.

On raw there is not much to work.

So WWE would at least get 1mil PPV buys for Mania at $60+ a pop but can only get 1.6mil subscribers for fucking $9.99? And 300 thousand people said "fucking paying $9.99 but i guess i'll watch it for free". Ratings are low, house shows are low, and they have to shill the network with free months every fucking week including the biggest show of the year. Vince is such a dipshit.

With that said, who thinks Taker is going to go full carny and wear his gear for the HOF? His tribute at Paul Bearer's induction was ridiculous even though the crowd ate it up.

So WWE would at least get 1mil PPV buys for Mania at $60+ a pop but can only get 1.6mil subscribers for fucking $9.99? And 300 thousand people said "fucking paying $9.99 but i guess i'll watch it for free". Ratings are low, house shows are low, and they have to shill the network with free months every fucking week including the biggest show of the year. Vince is such a dipshit.

With that said, who thinks Taker is going to go full carny and wear his gear for the HOF? His tribute at Paul Bearer's induction was ridiculous even though the crowd ate it up.

Vince is going to make him wear the gear. Vince always makes him wear the gear. Still laughing at Lebron seeing through the hustle and ducking him.

55066090.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
I fully expect that Tanahashi, Okada, Omega, and Benoit will debut on raw tonight

Anything else and it's the worst raw ever
Tanahashi vs Reigns: The Ace vs The Big Dawg, who truly runs the yard? Find out this Sunday!

*cause I'm ready to go-oh-oh-oh-owayowayowayoway-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh*

To be fair, if they stay at 1.6 million paid, that would mean overall over the course of the year they would make more profit off the Network than they did off of PPVs as a whole per year pre-Network. And they would not have 1.6 million without WM.

So it's not that dumb of a move. Still an overall not great one, but not terrible either.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Of course, the paid numbers will go down once the Wrestlemania trend is over.

I'd expect the free numbers to go down, but not sure the paid numbers will go down more than 100k or so. They do have a crazy high retention rate IIRC.

Reminder that WWE only ever got half of the PPV money - the cable companies took the other half. So if you get the network for 3 months, they make as much money off of you as if you bought WM once a year. (and this doesn't include folks who would all get together at someone's house to watch WM once a year, but might have multiple network subs locked in to the group).

Once again a reminder that WrestleMania is very much a big event that transcends normal Wrasslin' fans. So the buy rate will likely be higher.

I cancelled my Network because it's a shit service relative to the sheer amount of data it has. They really need a better team to curate collections and content to make it more worthwhile. Opening it up and always seeing the damn Rock collection for over a month is just dumb.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think it should be the WM thread since the Raw After Mania has become this big thing too.

I remember a time where the Raw after Mania got its own thread...

Then again not even Takeover got its own thread this time :(

Top Bottom