• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Network doesn't have WCW Saturday Night either. Are there any schedules or projections for when they're adding that, Thunder, and the rest of Nitro?

LMAO the second Nitro starts off with a debuting Sabu against a way more impressive Alex Wright. Sabu wins, barely, then puts Wright through a table after the match causing the ref to reverse his decision.

The Dungeon of Doom ending lmfao

Edit: Fall Brawl was brought to you by MDA. So ahead of their time that it took WWE decades to catch up.

They know those boys from up north are the real threat

Lex Luger replacing Vader...

s-91f387fae4fdc095c798a2fff5c4b4b33bcef6a7.gif

Lex Luger replacing Vader...

s-91f387fae4fdc095c798a2fff5c4b4b33bcef6a7.gif
I wonder what happened to Vader 😒

WM

US Title : *1/2

10 Woman Tag: **1/4

Usos-Dudleys: *1/2

IC Title: ****1/4

Jericho-AJ: ***3/4

LoN-New Day: **1/2

Lesnar-Ambrose: ***1/4

Women's Title (It feels good to type that): ****

Taker-Shane: **1/2

ARMBAR: *1/2

WWE Title: ***1/4

NXT

Tag Titles: ****

Aires-Corbin: **1/4

Nakamura-Zayn: ****1/2

Women's Title: ***3/4

NXT Title: ***1/2

Source: This week's newsletter

Anth0ny

how the fuck is the IC title match 4 1/4 and Nakamura/Zayn 4 1/2. it was only 0.25 stars better? seriously?

meltzer is weird sometimes.

NOTHING on mania was 4 star worthy imo, the closest being the women's match which was a 3.5/5 tops.

the build, payoff, crowd response and in ring work/storytelling was no where to be found in some of those mania matches, so I have no idea where all of these stars are coming from. just the shits all around.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
how the fuck is the IC title match 4 1/4 and Nakamura/Zayn 4 1/2. it was only 0.25 stars better? seriously?

meltzer is weird sometimes.

NOTHING on mania was 4 star worthy imo, the closest being the women's match which was a 3.5/5 tops.

the build, payoff, crowd response and in ring work/storytelling was no where to be found in some of those mania matches, so I have no idea where all of these stars are coming from. just the shits all around.

He's like the Roger Ebert of movies or the Jeff Gerstmann of games. It's what he felt at the time and you just go with whether you agree with him. You get a good idea if your tastes align with his. Nothing more, nothing less.

As soon as you try to incorporate math into this whole thing, you've already lost.

I wonder what happened to Vader ��

He started shit with Paul Orndorff backstage and got his ass wrecked. Vader claimed in one of his interviews that he was fined $250,000 by Eric Bischoff and suspended for six months. He wasn't under a contract, so he signed a deal with Vince in late-1995.

Anth0ny

meltzer gave rock vs. hogan at mania 18 ***

i don't understand

He's like the Roger Ebert of movies or the Jeff Gerstmann of games. It's what he felt at the time and you just go with whether you agree with him. You get a good idea if your tastes align with his. Nothing more, nothing less.

As soon as you try to incorporate math into this whole thing, you've already lost.

he really is. reminds me of Jeff so much. both are walking encyclopedias of knowledge, but both also have some weeeeeeeeeird fucking views.

Kinda clever joke

What do you call a singles match between Neo and Paul Heyman?
A one-on-one between the One and the one behind the one in twenty-one and one

He started shit with Paul Orndorff backstage and got his ass wrecked. Vader claimed in one of his interviews that he was fined $250,000 by Eric Bischoff and suspended for six months. He wasn't under a contract, so he signed a deal with Vince in late-1995.
That was me joking 😁

Anth0ny

The match on its own was horrible, but the crowd reactions and the way they worked everyone into a frenzy was amazing.

yeah by that logic mankind/taker match at kotr 1998 was horrible but those three spots were amazing. Flair/Steamboat it ain't.

yet he gave it 4 1/2 stars. because those three spots were enough to make that match unforgettable. just like the storytelling in that rock/hogan match was enough to create a memorable, awesome match.

Aiii

So not worth it
yeah by that logic mankind/taker match at kotr 1998 was horrible but those three spots were amazing. Flair/Steamboat it ain't.

yet he gave it 4 1/2 stars. because those three spots were enough to make that match unforgettable. just like the storytelling in that rock/hogan match was enough to create a memorable, awesome match.

Diminishing returns.

A bunch of people have made jumps like that in the past. Including Shane himself.

What made this jump just dumb as fuck is that missed. All that work, just to jump on a gimmick-ed table and not win the match. I dunno, it really didn't do the stunt any favors to not have him win the match by doing that.

I guess that's why they call it high-risk, Michael.

Diminishing returns.

A bunch of people have made jumps like that in the past. Including Shane himself.

What made this jump just dumb as fuck is that missed. All that work, just to jump on a gimmick-ed table and not win the match. I dunno, it really didn't do the stunt any favors to not have him win the match by doing that.

I guess that's why they call it high-risk, Michael.

I had no idea if he was going to hit or miss. For that moment, I was hooked and didn't wanna turn away and was fully invested in Shane. Because of that, I thought it was a great spot.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
he really is. reminds me of Jeff so much. both are walking encyclopedias of knowledge, but both also have some weeeeeeeeeird fucking views.
Not really. They know what they like and they don't like what they don't like. It's especially helpful to look at their reviews at that particular moment in time. They've been around the block so much that even with a new shiny coat of paint, they see it for what it is. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will stop trying to compare review scores.

Edit: The announce team is totally going to fuck up the thing Sami Zayn has with the crowd and the theme song aren't they?

Menome

Watching NXT and it seems they've found a way to get an easy pop for anyone: Just have them interrupt Elias Samson when he's partway through one of his songs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The randomest item in the Observer is that Total Divas ratings are crashing so they're getting rid of a bunch of the characters and bringing on Maryse (which is why she is back), Lana (for a Rusev wedding thing) and Renee Young (apparently we need awkward shit with Dean Ambrose).

The randomest item in the Observer is that Total Divas ratings are crashing so they're getting rid of a bunch of the characters and bringing on Maryse (which is why she is back), Lana (for a Rusev wedding thing) and Renee Young (apparently we need awkward shit with Dean Ambrose).

aww hell no not interested in dean ambrose/renee

they need to bring back naomi/uso. that's where he's at his best....on total divas.

Naomi/Uce are both back next year, with Foxy, Rosa and Mandy being booted off. They need to get new writers in and stop retreading the same tired storylines.

Top Bottom