• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Zach

That was a great main event. Surprised AJ won. But I assume he'll just lose to ol' Roman and fade from the main event scene.

Anyway, I enjoyed myself for a half hour at best watching RAW. I'll keep to watching the PPVs exclusively.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Zayn being hurt would be the hugest coincidence ever because it was clearly scripted from the beginning to have him miss the match with an "injury." But I keep seeing it float by on my twitter feed.

This show did an awful job of building the future for everyone but Enzo Amore. Motherfucker made himself a star in a minute with a promo about having a micsaber for the haters and having the gift of gab and the gift of jab. Fatal 4 way was a blast too - we got AJ Styles vs. Cesaro vs. Owens main eventing the post-WM Raw for a WWE Title shot. Incredible. AJ winning was a huge surprise too.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/04/wwe-raw-4-4-16-post-mania-show.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r1fx2kdtzdunvdlqvdlhyi53bt23vuom

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So they decided to put Roman against one of the biggest babyfaces they have? OK

Gotcha.

Well, Payback is in Chicago, and he's facing Styles, so he's going to be booed regardless.

If they actually debut Bullet Club and have Styles go over Reigns I'll buy a 5 year sub to the network Vinnie Mac.

I think they are aiming for a version of Punk / Cena MitB 2.0. I think they're going all in on Roman getting booed out of the damn building in Chicago, and what better way to do that then using Styles.

That was a great main event. Surprised AJ won. But I assume he'll just lose to ol' Roman and fade from the main event scene.

Anyway, I enjoyed myself for a half hour at best watching RAW. I'll keep to watching the PPVs exclusively.

Have the PPVs been any better? Last I saw was... whatever the last Taker/Brock match was.

No matter what the outcome maybe, Roman vs AJ is something I look forward to. Hope it works out for everybody involved. No one's getting buried. Roman should keep the title.

I really REALLY hope Sami's ok. Like that table bump leads me to believe that this is all a work and it's just stewing the feud with Owens, but I don't see Sami sitting out for this long, that early into his main roster debut for this to be part of the storyline.

Something's up, but I hope nothing's up.

Alucard

Banned
Miz and Ryder had a fun little match tonight too. WWE knew their audience tonight for the most part. Back to Triple H and Steph promos next week.

I doubt Zayn is legit hurt. Also, I liked that last match a lot but if you're going to bring Cesaro back shouldn't he win? The ending almost felt disappointing because I was waiting for the Cesaro victory.

Also crowd was ok for the most part except for the women's title part. Shut the fuck up Bailey isn't here, appreciate the talent in the ring.

Also crowd was ok for the most part except for the women's title part. Shut the fuck up Bailey isn't here, appreciate the talent in the ring.
In their defense, Charlotte has no business cutting a serious babyface promo right now. And then justified that assumption by the fans by going straight back to heel mode

It was definitely cringeworthy because it seemed like a legit from the heart promo at first (and probably was) but this isn't the Hall Of Fame or a Pre-Show, it's a Raw promo

That was Charlote's fault she doesn't know how to handle a crowd like that. She basically broke kayfabe by acknowledging them and encouraging them. She started fumbling during her speech.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Payback is in Chicago. I am pretty sure it will be AJ vs Reigns in Chicago.

Owens should feel sad if AJ shows up and starts main eventing PPVs within 3 months and he still hasn't come close.

Owens should feel sad if AJ shows up and starts main eventing PPVs within 3 months and he still hasn't come close.

AJ's an actual great wrestler who can look like a star, even with an unfortunate accent. Owen's a guy who never got out of indy spot-fu land when it came to his working ability.

Angry Grimace

AJ's an actual great wrestler who can look like a star, even with an unfortunate accent. Owen's a guy who never got out of indy spot-fu land when it came to his working ability.

Owens and AJ are both really over and they wouldn't be on the main event of Raw after Mania if they weren't.

but Owens is clearly moving on to endless Sami feud land.

Fox318

BrgBcvX.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So lemme get this straight,
any other day of the year this thread would be filled with people going on about how Miz sucks and he should've never main evented WM and he can't wrestle and wah wah wah but now he's the best choice to be IC champion to you guys?

tumblr_nu4fwcK1UT1rn2n0zo1_400.gif

Miz is probably the only person on the roster that gets genuine heel heat. He's been great since his return and he's a perfect foil to a guy like Zayn or Kallisto or other goody two shoes faces.

Fuck your spoilers.

Heel

"50/50 Club" only applies when your fave loses the second half. When he loses the first half, he's berried.

giphy.gif

I wonder how they'll explain Finn's absence this entire month on NXT. I figured it might be because of a call-up, but obviously it isn't. So why do you go a whole month of TV without your champion on the show (other than possible backstage segments)?

Angry Grimace

I wonder how they'll explain Finn's absence this entire month on NXT. I figured it might be because of a call-up, but obviously it isn't. So why do you go a whole month of TV without your champion on the show (other than possible backstage segments)?

Honestly, this was a really weird show missing a ton of people and angles. I'm not saying I wanted Stephanie there, but it felt really weird having them lose and then just not be there or do anything, same with Vince - he didn't seem to care Roman won.

No Undertaker
No HHH
No Stephanie
No Brock
No Ambrose
Shane and Vince for maybe 2 minutes each and they randomly bury the hatchet for no reason

shaowebb

Heard AJ earned a title shot at Reigns. Someone is about to go heel. They'd be stupid to not have Reigns go heel here but if it means Bullet Club shows up in yet another attempt to put Reigns over as a face then whatever so long as AJ takes it from him.

BTW did Ryder manage to make it through the night or did Kayfabe news call it and he's already dropped the belt?

Heard AJ earned a title shot at Reigns. Someone is about to go heel. They'd be stupid to not have Reigns go heel here but if it means Bullet Club shows up in yet another attempt to put Reigns over as a face then whatever so long as AJ takes it from him.

BTW did Ryder manage to make it through the night or did Kayfabe news call it and he's already dropped the belt?

Dropped it to Miz due to distraction by Maryse. Rematch on Smackdown. Also Maryse is back in Miz's corner.

In their defense, Charlotte has no business cutting a serious babyface promo right now. And then justified that assumption by the fans by going straight back to heel mode

It was definitely cringeworthy because it seemed like a legit from the heart promo at first (and probably was) but this isn't the Hall Of Fame or a Pre-Show, it's a Raw promo

Yep. This is carny shit. You don't get to turn the carny on and off at a whim. She should have gone out there like Stephanie accepting the Vincent J McMahon Legacy of Excellence Award.

edit - Thinking a little further. Charlotte needs to have a long sit-down with Steph. She can't be the type of heel her father was.

Top Bottom