• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

shaowebb

Dropped it to Miz due to distraction by Maryse. Rematch on Smackdown. Also Maryse is back in Miz's corner.

AHAHAHAHAHA! XD
Not even a single night!
woooo...MAN...fuck WWE. Thats dumb.

Fucking brilliant though having all the top fan faves plus Jericho show up to crown a contender for the title. Everyone wants Reigns to drop it and they'll boo him no matter who is there. Put the top fan hopefuls after it and turn Reigns heel before the match and you'll have a hot event.

Honestly, this was a really weird show missing a ton of people and angles. I'm not saying I wanted Stephanie there, but it felt really weird having them lose and then just not be there or do anything, same with Vince - he didn't seem to care Roman won.

No Undertaker
No HHH
No Stephanie
No Brock
No Ambrose
Shane and Vince for maybe 2 minutes each and they randomly bury the hatchet for no reason

The storylines all happen in their own bubbles and storytelling/writing is trash across the board. How Shane didn't have more interaction with people on tonight's Raw blows my mind. How HHH and Steph were barely/never involved with the Vince/Shane/Taker angle blows my mind. How Vince wasn't a part of the Shane/Taker HIAC blows my mind.

No Ambrose/Brock followup, no Reigns interview on his attitude toward the crowd and reaction to what happened, no interviews with the women involved with the title match, no interview with Bubba and D-Von about the Enzo & Cass debut, nothing. No followups, no reactions, no interconnection.

Like bruh, who the hell is Sami Zayn and why are him and Owens so angry with each other? This is basic TV production they can't get right, nevermind wrestling logic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said it before

but a Miz/Sami feud would only help build Sami. It'd be a great feud. Keep Ziggler, Kofi, Ryder, and the rest of the midcard fucks away

thefro

Pretty decent raw. 3 hours still too long.

Great to see Cesaro back. Somewhat surprised AJ got the W, but it makes sense why he lost to Jericho at Mania (in shitty WWE logic, anyway). Feels like they set a lot of pieces in motion, but we'll see if they actually pull the trigger on the Balor Club.

Out of the NXT guys:
- Crews looked good against Breeze. He may actually benefit from all the writers in WWE
- Corbin should have squashed a jobber instead of getting beat up by Ziggler for most of the match. I mean, this was okay. Kevin Dunn screwed up filming Corbin's entrance as well.
- Vaudevillians will be future endeavored within a year.
- Great debut for Enzo & Cass.

The multiple crowd disclaimers from the commentary team were the biggest sins of the night. Insulting to everyone who's there. They may be a bunch of drunk idiots, but they're the drunk idiots giving them money. "Don't worry about these guys, they're just passionate and spending huge amounts of money to watch our biggest event live, fuck em"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zayn always on injury watch + a Miz feud to kick off his main roster tenure. Yeah, he's the next Bryan.

It's almost like signing indie guys who killed themselves in dangerous spots for years is a bad idea

Corbin will still b e active 20 years from now. Zayn will probably be in a wheelchair.

Enzo and Cass were called up???

Cool

They are feuding with the Chris Jericho of tag teams

Boooo

Anybody with brains would get a microphone in Bubba's hand, and let him and Enzo get into a war of words. It would be hilarious and make for a great feud. The Dudleys in full loud heel mode could do more for Enzo & Cass than anyone else on the roster.

Roman Reigns boos are in the Sgt Slaughter levels of boos!!!!!

I have to join the Reigns train..
Until Orton comes back and punts everyone around

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's why AJ will never win. Can't let a guy who was in WCW beat a WWE guy.

um excuse me
john-cena-ready-to-rumble--600x300.jpg

The multiple crowd disclaimers from the commentary team were the biggest sins of the night. Insulting to everyone who's there. They may be a bunch of drunk idiots, but they're the drunk idiots giving them money. "Don't worry about these guys, they're just passionate and spending huge amounts of money to watch our biggest event live, fuck em"

The entire reason why Vince won is because he treats the crowd with the proper amount of respect - zero. If drunk idiots keep on giving me money despite me giving them zero of what they want, why should I start listening to them?

The entire reason why Vince won is because he treats the crowd with the proper amount of respect - zero. If drunk idiots keep on giving me money despite me giving them zero of what they want, why should I start listening to them?
They're there to support the stuff they like. You're acting as though they're paying for the 2 hour Roman Reigns VIP meet and greet extravaganza to boo him. "LOL U GUYS PAID 4 IT"

They pay for shit like the main event, and in a shocking turn of events, were very enthusiastic and appreciative of their match. Bizarre how that works.

As always there's good in the product, but the dumb/bad shit is very dumb/bad and detrimental to the product as a whole.

Kaladin

Enzo and Cass had a debut that was as amazing as Chris Jericho's debut. No joke.

It's just a shame they had to do it with the Dudley Boys without a mic.

They're there to support the stuff they like. You're acting as though they're paying for the 2 hour Roman Reigns VIP meet and greet extravaganza to boo him. "LOL U GUYS PAID 4 IT"

They pay for shit like the main event, and in a shocking turn of events, were very enthusiastic and appreciative of their match. Bizarre how that works.

As always there's good in the product, but the dumb/bad shit is very dumb/bad and detrimental to the product as a whole.

That means Vince doesn't have to do better, because you're still willing to pay for the product. The only times Vince has changed direction on the product was when his own choices were costing him money.

He just had the biggest money card in the history of pro wrestling. So yes, if you don't want Roman on top for the next decade, you have to be willing not to see Nakamura, Styles, or any other indy darling live, on PPV, or via Hulu or the Network for a while. If simply watching those folks, no matter how badly they're pushed is worth paying for a ticket or a Network subscription, then bluntly - Vince wins.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The storylines all happen in their own bubbles and storytelling/writing is trash across the board. How Shane didn't have more interaction with people on tonight's Raw blows my mind. How HHH and Steph were barely/never involved with the Vince/Shane/Taker angle blows my mind. How Vince wasn't a part of the Shane/Taker HIAC blows my mind.

No Ambrose/Brock followup, no Reigns interview on his attitude toward the crowd and reaction to what happened, no interviews with the women involved with the title match, no interview with Bubba and D-Von about the Enzo & Cass debut, nothing. No followups, no reactions, no interconnection.

Like bruh, who the hell is Sami Zayn and why are him and Owens so angry with each other? This is basic TV production they can't get right, nevermind wrestling logic.
Honestly, they're doing fine with Zayn/Owens by just making Owens beat the shit out of Zayn to establish a very good reason why Zayn would be mad.

And, yeah, it sucks when people get called up and don't get to do anything but the pay is so much better you can never feel bad for them.

That means Vince doesn't have to do better, because you're still willing to pay for the product. The only times Vince has changed direction on the product was when his own choices were costing him money.

He just had the biggest money card in the history of pro wrestling. So yes, if you don't want Roman on top for the next decade, you have to be willing not to see Nakamura, Styles, or any other indy darling live, on PPV, or via Hulu or the Network for a while. If simply watching those folks, no matter how badly they're pushed is worth paying for a ticket or a Network subscription, then bluntly - Vince wins.
He'll have to do better if he wants audiences to react as intended. If he's gonna do a disclaimer he should have it before every show from here on out

People don't need a drastic change on the business side of things, they want better storytelling. On the business side they are hiring insane talent no one ever expected to see in WWE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Last year:

US Title: Won by Cena
IC Title: Won by Daniel Bryan

this year

US Title: Kalisto
IC Title: Zack Ryder

Guess they're back to buried.

Kaladin

Last year:

US Title: Won by Cena
IC Title: Won by Daniel Bryan

this year

US Title: Kalisto
IC Title: Zack Ryder

Guess they're back to buried.

I feel like Cena elevated the US title enough where it can mean something for the right person, like how they're making Kalisto into the new Rey Mysterio.

But the IC title is still the drizzling shits spot monkey belt.

I wonder how they'll explain Finn's absence this entire month on NXT. I figured it might be because of a call-up, but obviously it isn't. So why do you go a whole month of TV without your champion on the show (other than possible backstage segments)?

Believe it or not, there was a time where the champ didn't wrestle on TV

Remember the months where Brock wasn't even mentioned? And he was the champ?!??!?

Angry Grimace

I wonder how they'll explain Finn's absence this entire month on NXT. I figured it might be because of a call-up, but obviously it isn't. So why do you go a whole month of TV without your champion on the show (other than possible backstage segments)?

As far as I can tell they're not doing any storyline on NXT on these episodes because none of the spoilers seem to have mentioned anyone doing or saying anything, just that some matches occurred. It's only three episodes starting next week and they don't even have Takeover announced, so I wouldn't be surprised if his absence didn't mean anything.

smart move havin gthe dudley boys being enzo and cass first feud bubba and devon will put them over right. shame no carmella though :(

UberTag

Really. He lost? I was legit thinking Ryder was going to keep it for at most 2-3 months. Looks like the guy can't catch a break.
Just getting on the Mania card and having that moment in the first place was "a break". And I'd say he did just fine with it.

Gurrry

Enzo and Cass were called up???

Cool

They are feuding with the Chris Jericho of tag teams

Boooo

I think the problem is that there are no heel tag teams outside of the league of booty. Maybe Primo and Epico will come back as heels? The vaudevillians are here now, but I dont think theyre gonna last.

Top Bottom