• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

I wonder if John Cena is going to call out Lesnar for leaving to become a failed football player and a sort of successful MMA fighter and then when Brock comes out to the ring will John just smile in his face.

Let's not forget videos, and the certain "End of an Era" wrestlers testimonials on how it was the best match ever. Then, commercials, and a "Bending the Rules" ad. It'll be a Lesnar/Cena promo, and one or two matches, involving Ziggler and Santino. Some promo or inconsequential match involving Punk and Y2J. There you go, there's RAW.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Let's not forget videos, and the certain "End of an Era" wrestlers testimonials on how it was the best match ever. Then, commercials, and a "Bending the Rules" ad. It'll be a Lesnar/Cena promo, and one or two matches, involving Ziggler and Santino. Some promo or inconsequential match involving Punk and Y2J. There you go, there's RAW.

Add a divas match and you pretty much nailed it.

somedevil

Man why then even watch? Some people here are so cynical nothing will please them. So what would you consider to be a great Raw then?

Kaladin

I can't believe you guys are so negative after the show last week :(

Last week's show was great only because of the crowd. That was the smarks that stay around for RAW after Mania so it wasn't only a worldwide Mania crowd, it was a Worldwide Smark crowd. Imagine combining crowds from all of WWE's loudest and craziest markets and you get the crowd that stuck around for Miami's RAW.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't believe you guys are so negative after the show last week :(

After 20 years of this stuff one learns to lower expectations and take the bad with occassional good.

One hot Raw crowd does not make me forget a 18 second Wrestlemania WHC squashmatch, for instance.

Or Eugene. Or Natalya farting gimmick. Or, well we'll be here a long time if we start listing all the Wrasslingcrap we had to put up with so far.

Am I the only one hyped for this gentleman right here?
sandow_lg1.jpg

He has the best theme song ever, as well.

Last week's show was great only because of the crowd. That was the smarks that stay around for RAW after Mania so it wasn't only a worldwide Mania crowd, it was a Worldwide Smark crowd. Imagine combining crowds from all of WWE's loudest and craziest markets and you get the crowd that stuck around for Miami's RAW.

Exactly, aside from the crowd, the Rock promo, and Lesnar it was an average Raw. 2 of those things won't be there this week. Now if Raw is good then great, but WWE has done nothing to make me have faith in their product going forward and until they put on a string of good shows and not 1 random fluke show every few months, I will continue to doubt them. As they've fucked up everything else they've done from the Invasion, to Nexus, to Punk, to Rock vs Cena, tell me why I should trust them?

steveovig

Exactly, aside from the crowd, the Rock promo, and Lesnar it was an average Raw. 2 of those things won't be there this week. Now if Raw is good then great, but WWE has done nothing to make me have faith in their product going forward and until they put on a string of good shows and not 1 random fluke show every few months, I will continue to doubt them. As they've fucked up everything else they've done from the Invasion, to Nexus, to Punk, to Rock vs Cena, tell me why I should trust them?

Don't forget that good Punk/Henry match.

Kaladin

I disagree with you on Rock vs Cena. While the build might have been take it or leave it, I highly enjoyed the match. The match delivered, and that's all that matters.

Don't forget that good Punk/Henry match.

Was it really good though? Or was it good because of the crowd that was super into it?

Kaladin

The build was shit, which is what I meant. The actual match was good for what it was.

I still say they did what they needed with the build. They didn't have to feud for any reason since the match was already made. All they had to do was hype it with some good back and forth promos. While a lot of the promos fell flat, I still feel like it was a match that sold itself.

Just a quick update for CHIKARA/ROH Synergy Wrassle GAF meet up. It's now looking like this will be a weekend full of wrestling as wrassle GAF is 99% that we will be attending Extreme Rules the next night. If anyone else is thinking about going I need to know asap. I'm just waiting for confirmation from the other members already going before the tix get purchased. Also we are planning on going to http://www.patioribs.com/ between CHIKARA and ROH can anyone in the Chicago area vouch for this place?

Kaladin

Just a quick update for CHIKARA/ROH Synergy Wrassle GAF meet up. It's now looking like this will be a weekend full of wrestling as wrassle GAF is 99% that we will be attending Extreme Rules the next night. If anyone else is thinking about going I need to know asap. I'm just waiting for confirmation from the other members already going before the tix get purchased. Also we are planning on going to http://www.patioribs.com/ between CHIKARA and ROH can anyone in the Chicago area vouch for this place?

How many you got going now?

you guys should totally chant 'Let's go slim jim' at Orton, presuming he's on the card.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still say they did what they needed with the build. They didn't have to feud for any reason since the match was already made. All they had to do was hype it with some good back and forth promos. While a lot of the promos fell flat, I still feel like it was a match that sold itself.

It's the best it could be with two faces going head to head with one of them being a one-dimensional character and the other a rusty legend.

Rock's next feud should be better if he prepares better and has a good on mic heel to work with.

Kaladin

six total, three members (four if your count my bro who loves wrestling but refuses to post here), nihontiger90, bart jr +2.

Nice, looks like another good meet-up. I wish I could go but my wallet is still recovering from Mania, plus I just bought a new Prius so those payments will kill large trips in the near future. I'm still looking to make Hell In A Cell in October though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Totally off topic so forgive me: but are you US folks starting to adopt small engined turbodiesels yet instead of gasoline hybrid's yet?

It's quite the trend over in Europe as they're generally cheaper, more fuel-effective and can pull carts/mobile homes/whateveryoucallitoverthere.

Just curious btw, when I was last in the US 3,5 years ago all I noticed were at least V6 3.6L cars or Prius's. Not that many people I could ask this, so once again excuse the offtopic rambling.

bart jr

Neo Member
I think we're alone on that one.

No way. I really liked his promo that was posted on here, but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with his in-ring work. He better keep that theme song, too. I think it's the sample used in the Ludacris song 'Coming 2 America'.

On a side note, I can't wait for Synergy weekend.

Nice, looks like another good meet-up. I wish I could go but my wallet is still recovering from Mania, plus I just bought a new Prius so those payments will kill large trips in the near future. I'm still looking to make Hell In A Cell in October though.

But the fuel savings will make long trips nearly free!!!!

Well see. I just don't remember when RAW was exceptional 2 weeks in a row. The RAW after a great one, usually is a RAW out of an alternate universe. Like the pre WM RAW WTF was that?

So i take it Brock Lesnar isn't going to be on RAW tonight ?

I bet its going to be all about the three idiots tonight!!

its a damn shame cause last weeks RAW was amazing

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So i take it Brock Lesnar isn't going to be on RAW tonight ?

I bet its going to be all about the three idiots tonight!!

its a damn shame cause last weeks RAW was amazing
He will be, and I don't think much of the show will be on the 3 stooges. Expect Santino and Hornswoggle involvement, though.

Last night's FCW was pretty good. Husky Harris debuted his new religious Waylon Mercy-esque character named Levi Wyatt in a great promo with Eli Cottonwood as his muscle and Richie Steamboat faces Antonio Cesaro in 20 minute match with Jim Ross and William Regal on commentary!

UberTag

Add a divas match and you pretty much nailed it.
Who does Beth lose to in two minutes tonight to put over how meaningless the entire division is?

I'm expecting a long overdue title reign for Mae Young kicking off tomorrow night on Smackdown so it should be an angle to set up that match. Likely involving Kelly Kelly learning how to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Rumor has it they're doing Brock vs Cena at Extreme Rules.
That would be an atrocious idea given the limited amount of build they would get (two shows plus last week's surprise), the inevitable lack of "extreme" stipulation, Brock not being 100% and the fact that both guys pretty much NEED to win unless Cena's actually getting a losing streak angle.

So because it's an atrocious idea, I'm certain that's exactly what they'll wind up going with.

RBH

Rumor has it they're doing Brock vs Cena at Extreme Rules.

I think it would be a huge mistake to have Brock vs. Cena so soon, especially on a "B" PPV. I have no problem with Brock appearing on the PPV, but he shouldn't be wrestling in a match so soon.

Save Brock vs. Cena for Summerslam.

Khrno

I think it would be a huge mistake to have Brock vs. Cena so soon, especially on a "B" PPV. I have no problem with Brock appearing on the PPV, but he shouldn't be wrestling in a match so soon.

Save Brock vs. Cena for Summerslam.

I could see if the match with a gimmick stipulation (hence the PPV) and then having someone interfere screwing either or both of them, that would stir things up and not totally ruin a future Lesnar/Cena match, just like last month we had 3 Punk/Bryan matches, and none of them hurt either guy or ruined any potential feud between them.

Top Bottom