• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

jmdajr

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=67847

TMJDNPECEFYBTKN.20110607185526.jpg

Stone Cold is disappoint...

oh what Hulk Hogan pics..

evil ways

So what's the consensus on the whole Dean Ambrose vs Mick Foley thing.

Is it still a work leading up to Ambrose's debut or is it a work gone wrong now that Foley posted that blog and sorta exposed the whole thing and how he's not gonna put Ambrose over?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the consensus on the whole Dean Ambrose vs Mick Foley thing.

Is it still a work leading up to Ambrose's debut or is it a work gone wrong now that Foley posted that blog and sorta exposed the whole thing and how he's not gonna put Ambrose over?

This is all according to keikaku. Work work.

What I find most hilarious about the whole Andy Levine thing is that Tough Enough, a reality TV-style competition that is designed to produce the next top star and provide a personal insight into the eventual winner so that the audience connects to them before they've even debuted on the main shows, results in the winner getting slapped by Vince, pedigree'd by Hunter and sent to FCW for a few months before being unceremoniously released.

I'm not saying Andy Levine was ever worth shit, but you have to wonder if WWE even want to make new stars when they seem to show so much contempt for the process by repeatedly squandering opportunities to do so.

It's still leading to Ambrose debut - Mick saying he feels he has one good match, one big bump left in him, but not wanting to use that to put over Ambrose, that just forces Ambrose to take matters into his own hands. Next time Mick is in the ring on WWE TV, I'll be fully expecting Ambrose to attack and try and goad Mick into a feud.

Kaladin

It's still leading to Ambrose debut - Mick saying he feels he has one good match, one big bump left in him, but not wanting to use that to put over Ambrose, that just forces Ambrose to take matters into his own hands. Next time Mick is in the ring on WWE TV, I'll be fully expecting Ambrose to attack and try and goad Mick into a feud.

Either that, or take Mick's one big bump away from him, "ending his in ring career".

Also....there aren't enough LOLs in the world for WWE releasing Levine.

jmdajr

No shots of Hogan on his back. I'm not surprised.

In other news, I finally got to see the Bret/Shawn Rivalry DVD via Netflix. Wow, really good stuff on there.

holy shit it's on there!?

add to que*

oh wow the new Stone Cold, Rock dvds are on there too.

Ladders Matches and King of the Ring also added.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In other news, I finally got to see the Bret/Shawn Rivalry DVD via Netflix. Wow, really good stuff on there.

I'm using my hour-long lunch breaks to watch all the new WWE content on Netflix. It's great to have it all so close. WWE's documentary team is REALLY good, too - I love their work. The Orton doc was actually a lot better than I expected. Good stuff.

BFIB

holy shit it's on there!?

add to que*

oh wow the new Stone Cold, Rock dvds are on there too.

Ladders Matches and King of the Ring also added.

If you were a big wrestling fan back then, you'll shed a tear at the end of it as well. Especially once Bret gets into detail about how much shit he had happen in his life from Montreal until he finally reconciled with Vince and Shawn. Really eye opening stuff.

jmdajr

If you were a big wrestling fan back then, you'll shed a tear at the end of it as well. Especially once Bret gets into detail about how much shit he had happen in his life from Montreal until he finally reconciled with Vince and Shawn. Really eye opening stuff.

Yeah I'm going through his book now. Going to take some time for me to finish it.

Matches signed for EVOLVE 12 & EVOLVE 13!

EVOLVE 12 - May 11th

Evolution's End
AR Fox (2-1) vs. Sami Callihan (3-4)

The Challenge Has Been Answered
Fit Finlay (2-0) vs. Jon Davis (1-1)

Pick Your Partner Tag Team Match
Johnny Gargano & Samuray Del Sol vs. Chuck Taylor & Silas Young

EVOLVE 13 - May 12th

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. winner of Three-Way Match

Three-Way Match - Winner Gets Title Match That Night
AR Fox (2-1) vs. Jigsaw (1-0) vs. Samuray Del Sol (0-1)

Bonus Main Event
EVOLVE Wins & Best Record Leader Chuck Taylor (7-3) vs. Sami Callihan (3-4)

The 'Evolution Ends' match is a new concept and, like ROH's 'Fight Without Honor', is meant to be the end to a feud - wins and losses will still count to the competitors records, and inside the ring all normal EVOLVE rules will apply, however; outside of the ring there are no rules and before the match the opponents are allowed to place weapons around the ring for their use.

Fox vs Callihan, Finlay vs Davis & Callihan vs Taylor should all be awesome, definitely in for both these shows (although I'll probably be watching ROH's show live on the 12th).

perspicacity said:
When does Mick's next book come out?

This Christmas it seems;

“Yes, @mikethemiz you ARE awesome…as a character in my new children’s book, in which The Miz learns a valuable holiday lesson from @CMPunk”

“Tentative title is “A Most Miz-erable Christmas”. Here’s a sneak peek”

foleybook.jpg

The only thing Hogan's tape is good for is to see how small his balls must be, shake your head, and congratulate yourself on your good decisions in life.

Carnby

Oh, WWE is uploading some cool stuff on YouTube and it's not country restricted for once.

Jericho's Greenberg promo on Thunder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C8a4_4ZDMM complete with Ralphus!

<3

According to Jericho's first book, Goldberg was so pissed off from this.

WCW's Jericho was so awesome. They're so stupid for never pushing him.

LOL @ Goldberg's theme entrance. It sounded like a song off of the Link to the Past soundtrack.

Khrno

Along with HHH, who has inserted himself into this feud for no real reason and will beat both Punk/Y2J at Extreme Rules

Basically HHH will beat both Jericho and Punk in the same night, to become the undisputed Best in the World champion/coo/wrestler/dx member/at anything he does.

RBH

@WWERoadDogg Brian G.James
Tonight's #RAW is kicking off with a contract signing between Brock and Cena!! Fireworks coming early! #OUDK

They're doing the contract signing at 8pm when the least amount of people will be watching?

.........ok then.

Khrno

They're doing the contract signing at 8pm when the least amount of people will be watching the show?

.........ok then.

No problem, it's being advertised on Twitter, and the WWE Universe is on Twitter, ratings are going to implode tonight!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This Christmas it seems;

“Yes, @mikethemiz you ARE awesome…as a character in my new children’s book, in which The Miz learns a valuable holiday lesson from @CMPunk”

“Tentative title is “A Most Miz-erable Christmas”. Here’s a sneak peek”

foleybook.jpg
Would watch a cartoon movie of this. Cena must retain elf.

RBH

From the last tough enough, which contestants are wrestling? As far in any company? I often see Eric in NWA HOllywood as a heel..

Christina Crawford - FCW
Ivelisse Vélez - FCW
Ariane Andrew - Currently in WWE as one of the dancers for Brodus Clay

Kaladin

Christina Crawford - FCW
Ivelisse Vélez - FCW
Ariane Andrew - Currently in WWE as one of the dancers for Brodus Clay

Oh the irony that the first contestant eliminated from tough enough is the first one to get a regular spot on the roster.

From the last tough enough, which contestants are wrestling? As far in any company? I often see Eric in NWA HOllywood as a heel..

Matt Capiccioni, who was eliminated on the first show iirc, despite being the most experienced wrestler there, still wrestles as Matt Cross or M-Dogg 20 on the indies.

Morgadeth

I was reading a review of Smackdown and face palmed at this "Antonio Cesaro, a rugby star and new WWE Superstar."

Had a look at the clip again and Aksana introduced him as a former rugby player. Smackdown being Smackdown.

I was reading a review of Smackdown and face palmed at this "Antonio Cesaro, a rugby star and new WWE Superstar."

Yeah, it's dumb - but, his 'Very European' gimmick of a suave and cultured Swiss millionaire, is pretty much a European version of Alberto del Rio. The Rugby thing differentiates him, and also allows him to get heat for saying how much better Rugby is than American Football.

I will never understand why you guys hate on Hulk so much. The man has meant so much to the business.

I wish their was a bounty on Cena from Brock to put him put legit.

Top Bottom