• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was reading a review of Smackdown and face palmed at this "Antonio Cesaro, a rugby star and new WWE Superstar."

Had a look at the clip again and Aksana introduced him as a former rugby player. Smackdown being Smackdown.
Yeah, major fuck this company. Like I need to hear Cole talk about his nonexistent rugby background.

jmdajr

I will never understand why you guys hate on Hulk so much. The man has meant so much to the business.

I wish their was a bounty on Cena from Brock to put him put legit.

I can only imagine would would have happened to me if there was a hulk hogan sex tape back in the day. This poor little Hulkmaniac would have been traumatized.

More Hulk Hogan sex tape news.

-It’s rumored that the woman in the Hulk Hogan sex tape is Bubba The Love Sponge’s ex-wife Heather Clem. Bubba has said on his radio show that when he and Heather were still married, he would “offer her” to his close personal friends, which Hulk happens to be.

Interestingly enough, Ultimate Warrior made a similar claim about Hulk Hogan last year – that Hogan would let other wrestlers “party” with his now ex-wife, Linda.

Well my 10 year old self is shattered. Is this what you were doing while I was saying my prayers Hulk? What can I trust now?

G-Fex

More Hulk Hogan sex tape news.

-It’s rumored that the woman in the Hulk Hogan sex tape is Bubba The Love Sponge’s ex-wife Heather Clem. Bubba has said on his radio show that when he and Heather were still married, he would “offer her” to his close personal friends, which Hulk happens to be.

Interestingly enough, Ultimate Warrior made a similar claim about Hulk Hogan last year – that Hogan would let other wrestlers “party” with his now ex-wife, Linda.

Well my 10 year old self is been shattered. Is this what you were doing while I was saying my prayers Hulk? What can I trust now?

ibc3uEi9bE7i8H.gif

I will never understand why you guys hate on Hulk so much. The man has meant so much to the business.

Since 1997 Hulk Hogan has been entirely irrelevant and I can count on one hand the number of Hogan matches outside of Japan that I've enjoyed since 1990. I understand your fascination with Hogan less than soulplaya's freaky Kane fixation.

Awesome they released that piece of shit Andy. But hey WWE, he had the "IT" factor right?

Also, apparently WWE is going to open Raw with the Lesnar/Cena contract signing? This company is ass backwards with this stuff. Why put the main reason people will tune in at the front of the show? I guess we will get like 5 recaps of it throughout the night.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What would be the point of a draft anyway? Does SD! even have any stars left for RAW to take? All they could do is switch Orton with Punk.

Cagey

Banned
Awesome they released that piece of shit Andy. But hey WWE, he had the "IT" factor right?

Also, apparently WWE is going to open Raw with the Lesnar/Cena contract signing? This company is ass backwards with this stuff. Why put the main reason people will tune in at the front of the show? I guess we will get like 5 recaps of it throughout the night.

So they can end the show with a Contract Renegotiation, the first ever in WWE history!

Jade1.png

On the plus side, I am kind of hyped for Raw. They've done this Lesnar/Cena feud pretty well so far. Also gotta see what they do with Tensai after beating Cena last week. I still think he will interrupt the Lesnar/Cena signing and eat an aa from Cena through the table. I think they'll try to protect Lesnar. They don't wanna piss him off.

I see so you guys just like the Johnny come latley's, without looking to the past. Do you have no appreciation for wrestling history?

Also Fex I am disappointed that you think I am weird. I put you over all the time. I am done though. You have cut me for the last time.

G-Fex

Liquid I've had just about enough of your weirdness and trying to creep me out. I'm the ultimate creep of this board but not for junk like that.

If I ever see you posting in this thread again even to reply to this, I'm going to punch you in the face.

Liquid I've had just about enough of your weirdness and trying to creep me out. I'm the ultimate creep of this board but not for junk like that.

If I ever see you posting in this thread again even to reply to this, I'm going to punch you in the face.

You are all witness.

So Mick Foley has a cat gimmick now, but instead of nine lives he has nine bumps? And he's finally on his last bump before he dies?

There's going to be a spot where he gets thrown off the stage only to land on all fours with cat like agility and save that last bump, the crowd will go bonkers I tell ya.

That guys lobster head in the gif gives off a surprising resemblance to Sheamus himself somehow, move over Kane masks, Lobster Heads are coming to take over the youtube crafting scene.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I know why you guys aren't excited for the tape... You know you can't stack up to the hulkster.

And you guys wish you could sound as cool as Hulk does when he's ejaculating. Imagine saying 'BROTHER!' as you climax. Yeah, amazing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That guys lobster head in the gif gives off a surprising resemblance to Sheamus himself somehow, move over Kane masks, Lobster Heads are coming to take over the youtube crafting scene.
Kane masks are a billion dollar industry on youtube. It dwarfs all of the WWE.

somedevil

WWE Smackdown on Friday, April 20 scored a 1.80 rating and averaged 2.73 million viewers.

One problem is that the live show screws up people viewing teh show and also the Sheamus title reign has been underwhelming so far. It be great if they put the title back on a heel Daniel Bryan and AJ.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The zenith of this industry better be a flying mechanical Kane mask that shoots fireballs from the eye holes, it exterminates all the non Kaneanites, wrasslegaf will conform or else!
It's essentially the only thing that can save this niche industry. You will all bow down to the snowglobe Kliq!!!

Hogan has been relevant since WCW. When he came back to the WWE in 2002 he was the most over guy in the company the day he stepped back in. They put him head to head with the freaking Rock and the people shat on Rock the entire match. His match with Rock is one of the greatest Wrestlemania moments of all time. The crowd and the atmosphere was off the charts and even hough Hogan was limited him and the Rock told an absolutely fantastic story that night that I will still stop and watch if it ever comes on. Hogan also put over Lesnar clean going down to a bearhug and then letting Lesnar destroy him after the match. He also put over Angle and tapped out to the ankle lock. The Mr. America gimmick was absolutely hilarious as well. A lot of the bad press is deserved from his WWF and WCW days but when he came back he was pretty good and did a lot for the company. He even had a watchable match with Vince freaking Mcmahon! He didnt put over Shawn Michaels but the truth of the matter is Shawn is an asshole and after all the shit he pulled in the 90's...........he reaped what he sowed. After the way Shawn acted in the Summerslam match I would not have had a return match either. Hogan is limited in many ways but the fact is that IF he could still wrestle and IF he came back to the WWE the fans would absolutely shit on whomever he had a match with. I prefer guys Like Hart, Shawn, and Jericho but Hulk Hogan is wrestling to a whole lot of people.

Here's a good podcast where London cabaret performer & comedian Mat Ricardo sits down for a 45 minute interview with William Regal, talking about Regal's youth, his love of wrestling, how he got started in the wrestling business, the theatrics of wrestling, etc;

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/mat_ricardos_london_varieties/

Regal's interview begins at the 15:00 mark.

*edit, this week's CHIKARA Podcast-A-Go-Go;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchixeRzTy4

Featuring clips from The Throwback (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) vs The Colony (Fire Ant & Soldier Ant) and Eddie Kingston vs Vin Gerard

Kaladin

Hogan has been relevant since WCW. When he came back to the WWE in 2002 he was the most over guy in the company the day he stepped back in. They put him head to head with the freaking Rock and the people shat on Rock the entire match. His match with Rock is one of the greatest Wrestlemania moments of all time. The crowd and the atmosphere was off the charts and even hough Hogan was limited him and the Rock told an absolutely fantastic story that night that I will still stop and watch if it ever comes on. Hogan also put over Lesnar clean going down to a bearhug and then letting Lesnar destroy him after the match. He also put over Angle and tapped out to the ankle lock. The Mr. America gimmick was absolutely hilarious as well. A lot of the bad press is deserved from his WWF and WCW days but when he came back he was pretty good and did a lot for the company. He even had a watchable match with Vince freaking Mcmahon! He didnt put over Shawn Michaels but the truth of the matter is Shawn is an asshole and after all the shit he pulled in the 90's...........he reaped what he sowed. After the way Shawn acted in the Summerslam match I would not have had a return match either. Hogan is limited in many ways but the fact is that IF he could still wrestle and IF he came back to the WWE the fans would absolutely shit on whomever he had a match with. I prefer guys Like Hart, Shawn, and Jericho but Hulk Hogan is wrestling to a whole lot of people.

I love how you never mention TNA in defending how Hulk Hogan has been relevant since WCW.

I love how you never mention TNA in defending how Hulk Hogan has been relevant since WCW.

Honestly is anyone relevant once they go to TNA? They've ruined Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Christian, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, and numerous others. Hogan should never be used as a weekly attraction. He should be on screen for maybe a month a year to build to a match. Anything more and he means nothing to ratings or buyrates. Not put him out there every week like TNA does. I'm sure Hogan loves getting $30,000 every time he appears on an Impact show though for doing nothing.

Matthew Gallant ‏ @matthewjgallant
@johncena You were born on the same day as Shakespeare? You'd think you'd be able to rhyme about something else besides men kissing.

HE'S A COWARD IF HE DOESN'T RESPOND.

. TNA is where careers go to die. Like I said though he cant wrestle anymore so yeah he is irrelevant in TNA. Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler of all time but when he is on RAW it sucks knowing he cant wrestle anymore, much less take a bump. Hogan can barely walk down the ramp and it is sad to me. My issue was people saying Hogan has not been relevant since the late 90's, that just isnt accurate at all. Hogan has damaged his legacy greatly by going to TNA and saddling himself to Bischoff, he should have stuck with Vince on a legends contract and worked as an announcer or something like that, no way he could be worse than Booker T at the booth.

Shawn was a giant dickbag in the 90s, but he was a choirboy compared to the shit that Hogan was doing in WCW at the same time.

Top Bottom