• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

RBH

Kevin Nash on Twitter last night said that he just found out that one of his dearest friends was fired by WWE. He didn't specify if it was a wrestler or an office person.

But he was mad enough about it that he went on a tirade saying that he doesn't want to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, that it means nothing to him, that he doesn't need it to validate his life and he considers the fact he lives on the Ocean means he's already in a real Hall of Fame. He said he's watched it up close and doesn't need the stress and told his wife that if he passes away, to pass on any invitation.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/25364-nash-makes-cryptic-remarks

I don't see the point, same shit, different hour.

It's like your house is burning down and on fire. Instead of calling the fire department or get some water and start dumping it on the fire, you start painting your house. They do everything to fix the problem except what would actually fix it.

50.) The Bushwhackers
49.) The Mega Powers
48.) Tony Atlas/Rocky Johnson
47.) Paul London/Brian Kendrick
46.) The Headshrinkers
45.) The Twin Towers
44.) The Moondogs
43.) Booker T/Goldust
42.) The Killer Bees
41.) The Steiner Brothers
40.) Billy & Chuck
39.) Jeri-Show
38.) The Bodydonnas
37.) The Powers of Pain
36.) Lay-Cool
35.) The Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff
34.) MNM
33.) Rated-RKO
32.) The Brothers of Destruction
31.) The Rock 'n' Sock Connection
30.) Too Cool
29.) The World's Greatest Tag Team
28.) The Brain Busters
27.) Los Guerreros
26.) The U.S. Express
25.) The Colossal Connection
24.) Legacy
23.) Kane/X-Pac
22.) The Quebecers
21.) The Natural Disasters
20.) The Nasty Boys
19.) The Smoking Gunns
18.) Money, Inc.
17.) John Morrison/The Miz
16.) Mr. Fuji/Professor Tanaka
15.) D-Generation X
14.) Strike Force
13.) The Blackjacks
12.) The APA
11.) The Rockers
10.) The Dudley Boyz
9.) The Wild Samoans
8.) The Legion of Doom
7.) The Valiant Brothers
6.) The British Bulldogs
5.) The Hardy Boyz
4.) The New Age Outlaws
3.) Demolition
2.) The Hart Foundation
1.) Edge & Christian

You seriously?

Thats THEE best tag team ever!!!!!

IMO
#2 Demolition

Kaladin

It's like your house is burning down and on fire. Instead of calling the fire department or get some water and start dumping it on the fire, you start painting your house. They do everything to fix the problem except what would actually fix it.

I don't even know what the problem is with TNA anymore. We thought it was Russo, but I think Russo improved the product somehow....because it certainly hasn't been as good since he left. I'm starting to think it's a front office problem and more than one person.

I don't even know what the problem is with TNA anymore. We thought it was Russo, but I think Russo improved the product somehow....because it certainly hasn't been as good since he left. I'm starting to think it's a front office problem and more than one person.

It's like the owners don't want to make money so they can use it as a tax break writeoff or something. Bischoff and Hogan are worse for TNA than Russo ever was. FACT. Also having 20 guys in a room discussing booking the show is never a good idea. They still have the bad finishes and random face/heel turns so this obviously wasn't Russo's fault. Maybe the agents are really bad?

Triple H fires Triple H.
inceptiondog.jpg

I'm being absolutely serious.
zIw9kIPeNeXsCau.jpg

i honestly think we'd get a better WWE without TNA around. not just because it'd free up some talent, but no competition is likely more motivating than having utter shit for competition. swap the rosters and any other onscreen personalities of the two companies today, and the ratings would barely fluctuate.

WWE may be McDonalds right now, but bland is better than having shit forced in through every open orifice of my body. every now and then i try to watch Impact because I'm a big fan of a lot of their talents, but i can never do it. the product has no direction at all. everytime i think it might get one 'Impact Wrestling' i tune in to see the same crap that has no idea what it wants to do.

it wants to be WWE. it doesn't want to be WWE. if they can't pick one, it's never going to change.

I used to think it was all Russo's fault. I was clearly wrong. Because the product has been worse week after week. I agree its a front office problem. Its just unwatchable right now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I told you guys that Russo has had little to do with the product for a long time before he even left.

TNA inherently sucks.

I told you guys that Russo has had little to do with the product for a long time before he even left.

TNA inherently sucks.

I never blamed Russo. Russo can be good with the right kind of leash, and TNA brass clearly weren't prepared to leash him. They hired a guy that has done great stuff, but who everyone knows shouldn't be allowed to indulge himself, and they let him indulge himself.

and TNA had the same problems before they hired Russo that it has now. from the fading old talent with names keeping the fresh exciting talent down, to having no idea what tone the show should have (going from something deadly serious to the stupidest wacky comedy the next minute), from having no internal logic, from being unable to decide whether it should ape the WWE or be different to them, and seeming to change it's mind on that multiple times PER EPISODE.

Kane isn't good enough for TNA.

Abyss.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I never blamed Russo. Russo can be good with the right kind of leash, and TNA brass clearly weren't prepared to leash him. They hired a guy that has done great stuff, but who everyone knows shouldn't be allowed to indulge himself, and they let him indulge himself.

and TNA had the same problems before they hired Russo that it has now. from the fading old talent with names keeping the fresh exciting talent down, to having no idea what tone the show should have (going from something deadly serious to the stupidest wacky comedy the next minute), from having no internal logic, from being unable to decide whether it should ape the WWE or be different to them, and seeming to change it's mind on that multiple times PER EPISODE.

Abyss.
Just don't watch it, man. That's the only way to force them to really change. The problem is that there is an audience that will watch anything wrestling related, and TNA is content to keep them.

Also, I'm not sure who Abyss is. Another Kane wannabe in this world?

Just don't watch it, man. That's the only way to force them to really change. The problem is that there is an audience that will watch anything wrestling related, and TNA is content to keep them.

Also, I'm not sure who Abyss is. Another Kane wannabe in this world?

i don't watch it. i try sometimes, but after a few minutes i recoil in horror, and curse myself for giving them yet another chance. TNA house shows are good, because their in ring workers are really good, but with fucked up finishes, terrible production, terrible writing and on and on, with impact i can't enjoy that delicious caramel center, because it's in the center of mechanically reprocessed fecal matter.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I am now inherently sad.
l.jpg

Happy now?

i don't watch it. i try sometimes, but after a few minutes i recoil in horror, and curse myself for giving them yet another chance. TNA house shows are good, because their in ring workers are really good, but with fucked up finishes, terrible production, terrible writing and on and on, with impact i can't enjoy that delicious caramel center, because it's in the center of mechanically reprocessed fecal matter.
You're a good person for giving them more time than I would.

If you take out Bischoff and Hogan there really isn't anything really bad about TNA right now, except it's just gotten boring. They need some new storylines and I thought those were gonna happen after Lockdown and it really hasn't. The Joseph Park thing has been going on almost 2 months now. The Kazarian/Daniels/AJ thing seems like it's been going on for months. Roode vs Storm should've had the blowoff at Lockdown, but it's going to continue. The roster is stale too. They need to fire 10-15 guys and bring in new ones.

l.jpg

Happy now?

You're a good person for giving them more time than I would.
i just want to be able to watch some of my favourite wrestlers do their thing. Kurt's going to cripple himself the way he wrestles, at least he could be doing it infront of RAW sized television audiences and packed arenas. same for Jeff. same for talent on the way up that takes a lot of bumps and wrestles hard. i love Austin Aries. loved seeming him in ROH.

i just hate feeling like any wrestler who signs with TNA basically ceases to exist for me unless I go see them in a fucking TENT that can barely hold a ring when they come around these parts on a house show.

i am so fucking glad Claudio (Antonio) is in the WWE. not because the current shows are the best thing ever, but because i can stomach their product. hell, Michael Cole has been dialling it down of late which has been greatly appreciated.

sajj316

So I'm kind of confused with who is in charge of TNA. So is Lagana writing for Impact at all? When you say front office problem .. is it Bischoff, Hogan, Dixie, Prichard? Combination of all? Where is Jeff Jarrett in all of this?

RBH

If you take out Bischoff and Hogan there really isn't anything really bad about TNA right now, except it's just gotten boring. They need some new storylines and I thought those were gonna happen after Lockdown and it really hasn't. The Joseph Park thing has been going on almost 2 months now. The Kazarian/Daniels/AJ thing seems like it's been going on for months. Roode vs Storm should've had the blowoff at Lockdown, but it's going to continue. The roster is stale too. They need to fire 10-15 guys and bring in new ones.

It's funny how the WWE has done a much better job than TNA over the past years when it comes to recruiting wrestlers from the indies.

TNA really needs to bring in some new blood from the indies to freshen things up because the current roster is just incredibly stale.

they're all over TNA right now though, that's the problem and i find it pretty offensive that they've got a female belt around a guy considering all the female talent they have.

It's funny how the WWE has done a much better job than TNA over the past years when it comes to recruiting wrestlers from the indies.

TNA really needs to bring in some new blood from the indies to freshen things up because the current roster is just incredibly stale.

there's a load of great people in the indies right now, but TNA feel like they need big names to bring in viewers. unfortunately, unlike the 'big names' in WWE who are prepared to put people over and help build careers, the people that end up in TNA don't seem to be. so why, as an indie talent, would you sign with TNA? to job to Garrett? the only plus side of jobbing to Garrett on TNA is that it won't be seen by many people.

EVOLVE iPPV news - the line-up's have been shuffled for the EVOLVE 12 & 13 double-shot on May 11th & 12th, as 'The Generic Luchadore' El Generico has been added to the cards! Here are the revised line-up's;

• EVOLVE 13 - May 12th - http://wwnlive.com/event-evolve-5-12-12.html
    • Johnny Gargano (c) vs Winner of the 4-Way Match - Open the Freedom Gate Title Match
    • El Generico vs Sami Callihan
    • Chuck Taylor vs Samuray Del Sol vs Jigsaw vs AR Fox

Damn, Generico vs Callihan should be awesome.

So I'm kind of confused with who is in charge of TNA. So is Lagana writing for Impact at all? When you say front office problem .. is it Bischoff, Hogan, Dixie, Prichard? Combination of all? Where is Jeff Jarrett in all of this?

Bischoff, Hogan, and Bruce Pritchard set out the long term booking plans and Lagana and Matt Conway write the weekly shows based on what they want. They go over those drafts in a room together with 20 people all adding input.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i just want to be able to watch some of my favourite wrestlers do their thing. Kurt's going to cripple himself the way he wrestles, at least he could be doing it infront of RAW sized television audiences and packed arenas. same for Jeff. same for talent on the way up that takes a lot of bumps and wrestles hard. i love Austin Aries. loved seeming him in ROH.

i just hate feeling like any wrestler who signs with TNA basically ceases to exist for me unless I go see them in a fucking TENT that can barely hold a ring when they come around these parts on a house show.

i am so fucking glad Claudio (Antonio) is in the WWE. not because the current shows are the best thing ever, but because i can stomach their product. hell, Michael Cole has been dialling it down of late which has been greatly appreciated.
Angle and Jeff left due to not wanting to change their lifestyle, honestly.

Kaladin

I think the biggest problem with TNA is that the biggest money is going to guys that are there to collect a paycheck and don't really care if the company goes over or not. If the company was in the hands of people that cared about the product and the fans, they could get better.

they're all over TNA right now though, that's the problem and i find it pretty offensive that they've got a female belt around a guy considering all the female talent they have.

there's a load of great people in the indies right now, but TNA feel like they need big names to bring in viewers. unfortunately, unlike the 'big names' in WWE who are prepared to put people over and help build careers, the people that end up in TNA don't seem to be. so why, as an indie talent, would you sign with TNA? to job to Garrett? the only plus side of jobbing to Garrett on TNA is that it won't be seen by many people.

I don't have a problem with Eric Young with the knockout tag titles as those belts are worthless anyway and shouldn't even exist. Hopefully them having the belts is the end of them. Plus Eric Young is pretty good in the comedy role.

I think the biggest problem with TNA is that the biggest money is going to guys that are there to collect a paycheck and don't really care if the company goes over or not. If the company was in the hands of people that cared about the product and the fans, they could get better.

with the talent they have signed, they could really put together an incredibly product. but they need to pick a direction and stick to it. they need to cut away any egos just looking out for themselves because that isn't good for TNA as a business.

it blows my mind that TNA can make something as shitty as Impact with the wrestlers they have.

Which was worse, this or when DX dumped manure on the Spirit Squad and the McMahons?

Pretty much everything about the DX/Spirit Squad feud was terrible by default, so it's not really a fair comparison, but the manure was worse.

However, I find it fitting that even when it comes to tossing Bischoff into a pile of fetid shit, WWE did it better.

Edit: did someone already post that vid? I feel like I found it here, but I can't find it within the last few pages.

Top Bottom