• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

I'm at the tail-end of Disc 3 in FF8, so I think I'm just gonna finish that instead.

I really enjoyed what I played of it last summer. But the GF system and the enemy scaling really confused and scared me; don't want to get screwed later on in the game. Then I moved for college and I left it mid-disc 1. I have to play it again…

I recently finished disc 1 of FF8 for the first time since I got it when it came out and I just stopped. Wasn't feeling it. Fuck Laguna.

Loved that game when I was younger though. First and probably only game I ever played for over 100 hours. I get why people hated the level scaling but I exploited it left and right to get over powered.

It's the go-home show before Mania, RAW's surely got to be good, right guys?
The build to the Great American Bash (was it the GAB?) in Ready to Rumble has been better than this 'Mania.
I really enjoyed what I played of it last summer. But the GF system and the enemy scaling really confused and scared me; don't want to get screwed later on in the game. Then I moved for college and I left it mid-disc 1. I have to play it again…
The enemies scaling sounds a lot worse than it actually is. The only times you have to be actually scared of an enemy are when you're fighting optional bosses (like Ultima Weapon) or naturally strong creatures (like T-Rexaur). And even then, that's only if you haven't learned how to properly Junction stuff on you. The game is an acquired taste though, so it's not like I'm shocked that people don't like it.

Penguin

Internal and fan reports from this weekend's WWE live event matches between WrestleMania 29 competitors Ryback and Mark Henry were not good. There is concern about how the match will come off on pay-per-view next Sunday.

That.. isn't surprising... but something should have thought of before this past weekend

XenoRaven

Yes. Unless this is a dig at FF8's quality. Either way, I would totally rather play video games than watch Raw right now. Not even Rock and Ryback can save it for me.
It was a dig at both.

I was tempted to buy WM for Punk/Undertaker but then I remembered they raised the price this year.

The build to the Great American Bash (was it the GAB?) in Ready to Rumble has been better than this 'Mania.

The enemies scaling sounds a lot worse than it actually is. The only times you have to be actually scared of an enemy are when you're fighting optional bosses (like Ultima Weapon) or naturally strong creatures (like T-Rexaur). And even then, that's only if you haven't learned how to properly Junction stuff on you. The game is an acquired taste though, so it's not like I'm shocked that people don't like it.

My problem with the battle system is that I felt like it was complex and non-straight forward for the sake of it. I see no advantages that it offers over something more traditional like FFVII's combat system.

The only half-way conceivable way I can see Ryback slamming Henry is if he sets up the Shellshock similar to how Samoa Joe sets up his Musclebuster in the corner. Jesus fuck, I can't believe how badly they screwed up Ryback's run...
My problem with the battle system is that I felt like it was complex and non-straight forward for the sake of it. I see no advantages that it offers over something more traditional like FFVII's combat system.

Oh definitely. I like it well enough, and it's not a bad game by any stretch, but it's the worst of the PS1 trio.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
*shakes magic 8 ball*

Will Raw be worth watching tonight?

tlXjpLe.jpg

So the biggest main event of the year pits the most over guy of the decade trying to win "the big one" while having the "worst" year of his career which included beating Brock Lesnar, winning MitB, headlining almost every PPV, winning superstar of the year, AND winning the Royal Rumble, vs. a guy who has wrestled twice in the last calendar year and is somehow WWE champion and shows up to Raw once every three weeks.

I almost always buy Wrestlemania... but this I just can't. The undercard titles are so botched that they have the tag belts on the line vs a TEAM THAT HAS NEVER WRESTLED TOGETHER BEFORE EVER. The IC title is the champ who hasn't won a match in a month vs. a challenger who failed to win the US title for the past 3 months. The WHC is on the line with a guy who was out of wrestling for 9 months and lost to such luminaries as Zack Ryder and Santino since the start of 2012.

I don't even want to think about how HHH is going to go over for some reason or Undertaker is going to coat to 21-0 and I give him a lot of credit for forcing himself out there every year, and I know he puts his all into it, but maybe The Undertaker should just stop. Sorry.

The only two things I'm MILDLY interested in is to see how the Shield performs (though it's highly unlikely they go over, unless Orton turns, which is possible) and see if Johnny Curtis can bring it. I just have no interest in anything else, and I don't usually complain about how much the WWE sucks but man does the WWE SUCK right now.

Sorry.

strobogo

Banned
I bet Fandango/Jericho will be the surprise match of the night.

ADR's new shirt looks like something Hernandez would be wearing on Impact.

I don't think he ever did anything like that at Superbrawl. He did that at New Blood Rising, which I did review in detail. He was only on Superbrawl 98/99 against Brad Armstrong and Bam Bam Big Yellow. I don't think he had a chance to "break the script" on either of those.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania stream is on XI - that is the stiffest ring I've seen WWF use.

I'm trying to see if any Local Places will be showing Wrestlemania 29, and each person just pays a $20 ticket or so.

How do people find these things? My movie theater isn't doing it. Any hints of where I should go/ask?

I only checked my Movie Theater because they do this stuff for TNA PPVs

Can't find any. Dang it. Well I guess I have to pay $50 to watch Cena Win by myself. Yay...

Kaladin

I saw Brock Lesnar the one night everyone was hyped as fuck to see him and before they turned it to shit.......one year ago tomorrow.

strobogo

Banned
One of the Raws I watched had a disgustingly stiff ring where I swear there were at least 3 concussions in a one hour show. From simple stuff like body slams and suplexes.

Kaladin

I'm trying to see if any Local Places will be showing Wrestlemania 29, and each person just pays a $20 ticket or so.

How do people find these things? My movie theater isn't doing it. Any hints of where I should go/ask?

I only checked my Movie Theater because they do this stuff for TNA PPVs

Ask around at your local sports bars.

These 1 hour shows before RAW on Sky Sports should really be Saturday Morning Slam and Main Event. Instead of 2 shows that are basically 'Livewire' from the 90s.

I recently finished disc 1 of FF8 for the first time since I got it when it came out and I just stopped. Wasn't feeling it. Fuck Laguna.

Loved that game when I was younger though. First and probably only game I ever played for over 100 hours. I get why people hated the level scaling but I exploited it left and right to get over powered.

FF8 AND ff7 Is a few where I actually put in time to get 100% Max on everything

Defeating the Omega Weapon=

tumblr_m03diwFt4v1r2okwqo1_400.gif

Kaladin

If Cena ends the streak, I quit wrasslin.

No riot, no trash thrown. I quit wrasslin.

Even the indies. My smile will be lost.

I still say Kane should be the one to break the streak - make it a buried alive match, which Kane wins, but while Kane's gloating over his brother's grave a gloved hand shoots out and grabs him by the throat, dragging him down into the pit which then bursts into flames and neither Kane nor The Undertaker are ever seen again...

...until 10 years down the line when WWE (if still in business) bring them back for a gimmick battle royale, or as a nostalgia entrant in the rumble.

Nebula

You know, I've never seen anyone call the Five Knuckle Shuffle the Five Knuckle Shovel. I mean it seems like something obvious to say.

Either way I'll be catching the first hour and if it sucks I'll be off to bed, and even more down (or excited) about the possibility of me missing Mania.

somedevil

Cesaro is pretty much a lock for the pre-show, isn't he? A shame, really.

Yep, along with others because they have an hour to kill. Will they have a diva's match or move that 8 man tag to the pre show for the concert.

edit: Possible April Fools joke but seems like Sheamus cut his hair and looks like ginger Daniel Bryan when he had the title.

BGxiSAvCIAAQ3He.jpg

You know what's going t suck at Wrestlemania (apart from the whole thing that is)

The end of the Henry Ryback match I expect Henry to randomly to to the top rope to allow Ryback to get him on his shoulders, I can't see him getting him up otherwise

Razorskin

----- ------
Yep, along with others because they have an hour to kill. Will they have a diva's match or move that 8 man tag to the pre show for the concert.

edit: Possible April Fools joke but seems like Sheamus cut his hair and looks like ginger Daniel Bryan when he had the title.

BGxiSAvCIAAQ3He.jpg

He's just emulating his Gym buddy Triple H

Top Bottom