• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

miserable

WeeklyBoringKingfisher.gif

Man, i can't wait for this.DMC4 is the shit.It's better than anything Kamiya has ever done.

RP912

Banned
... Wow. Starrcade 1993 was overall terrible. Which is bizarre, giving how absolutely fantastic the main event was. I love how slow it was. The finish was a little weird (and IMO, not very believable), with no Figure-Four from Flair to outright beat Vader. But it was nonetheless an amazing match.

Starrcade 93 was good in my eye. Starrcade 94 however was a shit show. If it wasn't for Vader trolling Hogan at the end of the show, it would have been the drizzling shits.

Catching up on Lucha Underground ...I marked out at Hernandez showing up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Starrcade 93 was good in my eye. Starrcade 94 however was a shit show. If it wasn't for Vader trolling Hogan at the end of the show, it would have been the drizzling shits.

Hernandez is going to be at a local show here. Not sure if I care enough to go see...but I like his look.

... Eh. If I watched it again, I'd probably retract that statement of it being absolute crap. Just somewhat bad. Especially compared to the Main Event.

... And yes, I might actually stop watching soon enough. How long until Hogan debuts? Can't stand him in any run other than his 2002 onwards run in WWE.

been watching too many superstars punking the authority. told a superior to stick it a few weeks back when he asked me to print sheets for him (I honestly thought he was asking me to teach him how to press a print button) and now I'm being placed in a handicap match against kane and the big show.

THANKS

¡HarlequinPanic!;160369303 said:
been watching too many superstars punking the authority. told a superior to stick it a few weeks back when he asked me to print sheets for him (I honestly thought he was asking me to teach him how to press a print button) and now I'm being placed in a handicap match against kane and the big show.

THANKS

when_2.png

RP912

Banned
... Eh. If I watched it again, I'd probably retract that statement of it being absolute crap. Just somewhat bad. Especially compared to the Main Event.

... And yes, I might actually stop watching soon enough. How long until Hogan debuts? Can't stand him in any run other than his 2002 onwards run in WWE.

Hogan debuts around June'ish 1994 and trust me his match at Starcade 94 was ASS. The whole entire ppv was Hogan's heroes featuring Hogan.

Especially when he nearly kills someone with a sloppy Border Toss.

He's the Super Mex. It's like if you wanted to give Wolverine a bro fist. It comes with the powers.

NoRéN

There is nothing wrong with the lighting on Lucha underground. Mark Burnett ain't no cheapskate
The only people bitching about the lighting are snarky online complainers that think nothing else can exist besides WWE.

As I mentioned before, there are no stupid crowd signs at Lucha. You are not missing anything by not getting a clear view of the crowd. Anyone that attends the tapings can confirm this.

dream

NoRéN;160380244 said:
The only people bitching about the lighting are snarky online complainers that think nothing else can exist besides WWE.

As I mentioned before, there are no stupid crowd signs at Lucha. You are not missing anything by not getting a clear view of the crowd. Anyone that attends the tapings can confirm this.

Do the fans do stupid chants trying to get themselves over as part of the show like the idiots at "Full Sail University" do?

Do the fans do stupid chants trying to get themselves over as part of the show like the idiots at "Full Sail University" do?

They chant "LUCHA!" and "HOLY SHIT!", but that's about it. Just cheering & booing. Incidentally, you'd fucking hate my local indie, lol. But as it's British the chants are considered "good banter" and not so much "trying to get yourself over".

dream

They chant "LUCHA!" and "HOLY SHIT!", but that's about it. Just cheering & booing. Incidentally, you'd fucking hate my local indie, lol. But as it's British the chants are just considered "banter" and not so much "trying to get yourself over".

See, I wouldn't mind that because I suspect they'd chant about bollocks, fish and chips, and taking the piss.

I would absolutely lose my mind if someone botched a move and elicited a "you cocked up" chant.

I know these terms because I've dated many British tarts.

¡HarlequinPanic!;160369303 said:

THANKS

*shows up on nitro the following night*

got an offer at a new job, friends

jred2k

Girl we need some...
Girl we need some...

ACTION!

If we're gonna make it like a true survivor

Stuck in my head for the rest of the damn day.

NoRéN

There are a couple of regulars that do try and get their 15 minutes every time. although, it's hardly during the recordings. Mostly during the breaks. Every once in a while you do get stupid fans showing up but I'll give what happened last month as an example.

Tapings the weekend before Wrestlemania. WWE live show in town that day. Dario Cueto comes out for a promo announcing Ultimate Lucha. As Cueto is trying to make his announcement, idiots start the "what" bullshit, interrupting Cueto. Cueto stops, tells them to shut up and that if they want to do stupid things like that they can to that other promotion that was in town that night.

Haven't heard the "what" chants this month so far.
They chant "LUCHA!" and "HOLY SHIT!", but that's about it. Just cheering & booing. Incidentally, you'd fucking hate my local indie, lol. But as it's British the chants are considered "good banter" and not so much "trying to get yourself over".

That sounds entertaining, actually. But, I'm used to chants watching English football so I would expect similar.

Alucard

Banned
Man, I wish I could attend a LU taping. Looks like a ton of fun. Where do they film again? Just in case I can plan a future vacation around a taping...

Sephzilla

After the prequel trilogy I never thought i'd be able to get turned into a kid again watching something related to Star Wars.

Both trailers for The Force Awakens have proven me wrong.

NoRéN

Man, I wish I could attend a LU taping. Looks like a ton of fun. Where do they film again? Just in case I can plan a future vacation around a taping...
In Boyle Heights, a couple of miles from downtown Los Angeles. If you look up a map, it's right in the area where all the freeways meet near downtown (5, 60, 10, 101).

Tapings are still free. Free parking and even when the lot gets full there is plenty of street parking available.

jred2k

Video game where characters say fuck you and puke: embarrassing.

Planning an international trip around the taping of a wrestling show: perfectly normal adult behaviour.

Alucard

Banned
AJ, Doc and Gallows, and The Young Bucks will be at the ROH/NJPW shows.

http://bls.uieblender.com/html/arti...85993&modelid=346&activityid=24&snum=3&user=1

Ring of Honor has announced that Bullet Club members A.J. Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, and The Young Bucks have been added to the War of the Worlds and Global Wars events. Read the official announcement at ROHwrestling.com.

Powell's POV: Ring of Honor previously announced Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Jushin Liger, Tetsuya Naito, Watanabe, Kushida, Gedo, and Shinsuke Nakamura for both events. War of the Worlds will be held May 12-13 in Philadelphia, and Global Wars will be held May 15-16 in Toronto.

klonere

Banned
NoRéN;160387618 said:
There are a couple of regulars that do try and get their 15 minutes every time.malthough, it's hardly during the recordings. Mostly during the breaks. Every once in a while you do get stupid fans showing up but I'll give what happened last month as an example.

Tapings the weekend before Wrestlemania. WWE live show in town that day. Dario Cueto comes out for a promo announcing Ultimate Lucha. As Cueto is trying to make his announcement, idiots start the "what" bullshit, interrupting Cueto. Cueto stops, tells them to shut up and that if they want to do stupid things like that they can to that other promotion that was in town that night.

Haven't heard the "what" chants this month so far.

That sounds entertaining, actually. But, I'm used to chants watching English football so I would expect similar.

absolutely based cueto

my "no LU until DVD release/legal streaming in Ireland" rule is getting really really hard to keep up

Top Bottom