• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

RP912

Banned
All of the Austin shirts of that day will never equal to the importance of Austin 3:16. That shirt was probably the best wrestling shirt next to EC FN W shirt imo...

somedevil

Daniel Bryan Update:

For those who have asked, I am told that Daniel Bryan has not been seen at Raw in Albany and is not believed to be at WWE TV this week.

So his match with BNB is in flux right now. If its a concussion they can wait it out but its something worse then he might have to drop the title.

Fox318

All of the Austin shirts of that day will never equal to the importance of Austin 3:16. That shirt was probably the best wrestling shirt next to EC FN W shirt imo...

qSr6AuH.png

Paracelsus

They should've played it like they did for Bret Hart, have Bryan turn heel and have his own stable that carries him around in a wheelchair.

EDIT: The NWO shirt is very important but the shirt itself turned into a
meme
, Austin 3:16 is history and a man did it all by himself by pure accident.

Am I the only one kind of glad that Rollins' finisher is being banned? The curb stomp always came off as a silly move to me.

Hopefully he starts using the Sethwalker (Standing Shiranui/Asai DDT) now, I think it's a much cooler move. Unfortunately he'll probably go back to the springboard knee strike.

And before you say "what about the God's Last Gift?" it's a pretty unsafe headdrop move, so that ain't happening. And the Phoenix Splash is probably going to be a special occasion move.

Xater

Am I the only one kind of glad that Rollins' finisher is being banned? The curb stomp always came off as a silly move to me.

Hopefully he starts using the Sethwalker (Standing Shiranui/Asai DDT) now, I think it's a much cooler move. Unfortunately he'll probably go back to the springboard knee strike.

And before you say "what about the God's Last Gift?" it's a pretty unsafe headdrop move, so that ain't happening. And the Phoenix Splash is probably going to be a special occasion move.

What do you mean with they ban his move? I must have missed something.

Toki767

Rollins can't do the Skywalker. Kallisto already does it.

Curb Stomp seems perfectly safe to be honest. The only time someone looked like they could have gotten remotely hurt from it is RVD. Everyone else pretty much just falls on their front.

Paracelsus

What do you mean with they ban his move? I must have missed something.

According to WWE sources, the company will be banning Seth Rollins from using the curb stomp finishing move.

WWE’s feeling about the move, which the WWE World Heavyweight Champion uses as his finisher, is that it’s too much of a direct liability and risk for a head injury. All of sports is trying to be more proactive when it comes to preventing head injuries and concussions, and this is the reason for WWE banning the curb stomp.

WWE reportedly doesn’t want its top star to be doing that move every night and they also don’t want to be showing it in past clips or videos anymore. This is why last week on RAW when Rollins came out, the video which played during his entrance was primarily just graphics of his name. The normal entrance video for Rollins features a compilation of clips, several of which are him performing the curb stomp.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/572739-exclusive-wwe-banning-a-current-champions-finishing-move

They should just close WWE.

Xater

Weird, never looked that dangerous to me. Always looked to me like a chest bump. I'm no wrestler though so what do I know?

I have never been a fan of the move because it looks a bit silly and because of what other terrible things curb stomping is related to.

Am I the only person here that still believes that there is still an ultra baby face run in Rollins in the future. Because that dude was amazing as the high flyer daredevil of the Shield in those matches with Evolution. Don't get me wrong though, Rollins is still a supreme heel. He's just the total package all around.

lol nope don't go there, guys. You know what I mean.

Kaladin

Am I the only person here that still believes that there is still an ultra baby face run in Rollins in the future. Because that dude was amazing as the high flyer daredevil of the Shield in those matches with Evolution. Don't get me wrong though, Rollins is still a supreme heel. He's just the total package all around.

lol nope don't go there, guys. You know what I mean.

Did you not learn anything from Orton's babyface run?

Paracelsus

It's basically Orton vs Maggles at SS2007, except there it was the face at a disadvantage and he lost clean for it.

The same crap was pulled at NOC2012, conveniently ignoring Sheamus had a much more devastating finisher than a Test-like big boot, the Razor's Edge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sah-moan?

Hold on you're not even doing it justice.

Otv9rto.jpg

...Sorry I don't have a witty retort for this, I somehow blacked out from a violent onslaught of raw fucking boredom.

I'll be listening to this tomorrow. Interested.

Rollins can't do the Skywalker. Kallisto already does it.

Curb Stomp seems perfectly safe to be honest. The only time someone looked like they could have gotten remotely hurt from it is RVD. Everyone else pretty much just falls on their front.

But if they tuck their neck, like they practice, it's dangerous. They shouldn't allow it to be used.

Wait am I talking about the Styles Clash? Because people have a lot of goddamn double standards.

somedevil

People said he'll never be 100% again last time. This time's proven them right.

If its a concussion then him being a 100% or not doesn't matter because that type of injury is a fluke.

Plus some Lucha Underground Spoilers. Be warned it shows the winner of the Trios Titles:

* Jack Evans defeated Cheerleader Melissa in a dark match

* Texano Jr defeated Johnny Mundo via DQ

* The Mack defeated Cage.

* Fenix won a battle royal for the Lucha Underground Aztec Medallion

* Cage defeated The Mack in a Falls Count Anywhere match

* The Disciples of Death defeated Angelico, Ivelisse & Son of Havoc for the Trios Titles

* Drago defeated Hernandez in a Fan Lumberjack Strap match

lol, one gimmick match they just stole from Russo and TNA.

Curb Stomp is one of the better strike style finishing moves I've seen. I saw Brock take it a couple times by bouncing up then down then up again, made it look like a huge impact and ricochet.

I don't have a problem with them restricting its use to big matches - I think finishers are over-used in general. I mean Brock's F5 even seems pretty limp since he does like 5 a match before winning (although his moveset is very limited so he doesn't have much else to do).

A shame if it's gone totally, I guess! It is a good calling card for Rollins.

iMax

Curb Stomp is one of the better strike style finishing moves I've seen. I saw Brock take it a couple times by bouncing up then down then up again, made it look like a huge impact and ricochet.

I don't have a problem with them restricting its use to big matches - I think finishers are over-used in general. I mean Brock's F5 even seems pretty limp since he does like 5 a match before winning (although his moveset is very limited so he doesn't have much else to do).

A shame if it's gone totally, I guess! It is a good calling card for Rollins.

I'm sure they'll keep it for PPVs.

Fox318

Chickenshit heels are usually the best ones though!

I agree but the stips need to match that's all.

Rollins should just climb the cage as fast as possible.

Problem is I think of escaping when I think of WWE cage matches instead of oldschool badass bloodbaths

Top Bottom