• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Fox318

Read as "Husking Up". Imagery wasn't pretty.

tumblr_lp86aw501k1qens5io1_400.gif

klonere

Banned
jesus LODs steroid bellys are incredibly distracting in 98

just saw Chyna's first time in the ring with a really really weak Frankensteiner

Verendus

Banned
Do you think Bray ever feels upset about the fact that he finds communication difficult?

That's got to get to a person. Maybe all these promos are his way of letting out his frustrations, because no one understands him. We're the ones who need to try harder really. It's the Joan Cena way.

Fox318

Do you think Bray ever feels upset about the fact that he finds communication difficult?

That's got to get to a person. Maybe all these promos are his way of letting out his frustrations, because no one understands him. We're the ones who need to try harder really. It's the Joan Cena way.

He's had issues with what chants that have killed his promos.

I think Bray just needs a direction or a major win.

radcliff

Write Daniel Bryan off television by having Bray work his neck with a chair for 10 minutes, then performing some kind of backwater ritual on his lifeless body that involves pouring candle wax on his beard and cutting it off with scissors blessed by a Louisiana voodoo witch.

He actually trimmed his beard somewhat. He needs to cut his hair.

It feels like Shane Douglas was on every show going after 2000.

Yup, he appeared for any and every indie that would have him. Out of all the ECW guys, Douglas fucking milked that shit for as much as it was worth - I remember when he showed up in ROH and got pissy because people were booing him and his insincere bullshit promo, somehow forgetting that his best work was when he was a reviled heel.

This is blowing my mind. I approve of this sense of booking.

and a better finisher. I FUCKING hate the double gut stomp.

Top 5 worst finishers:

1. Double gut stomp
2. Double gut stomp
3. Beefcake's version of the sleeper hold
4. Bad Luck Fale's version of the Razors Edge
5. CM Punk's version of the pedigree

But the Pepsi Plunge was from the top rope! How Extreme!

Kaladin

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling has 12 dates, but not a single word about the roster......

Friday 6/12 in Jackson, TN at The Ballpark at Jackson.

Saturday 6/13 in Knoxville, TN at Smokies Park.

Friday 6/20 in Jackson, MS at Trustmark Park.

Saturday 6/21 in Bowling Green, KY at Bowling Green Ballpark.

Friday 7/11 in Lake County, OH at Classic Park.

Friday 7/24 TV Taping in Las Vegas at The Orleans.

Friday 8/21 TV Taping in Las Vegas at the Orleans.

Saturday 8/29 in Richmond, VA at The Diamond Ballpark.

Thursday 9/3 in Waterloo, Iowa at Riverfront Stadium.

Friday 9/4 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa at Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Saturday 9/5 in Clinton, IA at Ashford University Field.

Friday 10/23 in Las Vegas at The Orleans

What gives here?

I'm going to clear some shit up in here. Get it off my chest, if you will.

No, I did not change my name because someone "got to me", "bodied me", "owned me" or whatever you want to call it. I requested my name to be changed before Heel linked to my Reddit as if he was revealing something about me. It's not an insult or shameful to show me what I've posted in the past. Why would it be?

That's also not why I effectively stopped posting here either. It's WWE's shitty product and my declining interest in wrestling. I think I need a long ass break from it, and that's fine. I pop back in to watch major events but I stopped following the news and the weekly shows. Having a much better time of it that way.

I mostly have enjoyed my interactions with you guys, but I think I'll be even more scarce from now on. Just wanted to clear some things up before I did so. Thanks for everything.

Kaladin

No, I did not change my name because someone "got to me", "bodied me", "owned me" or whatever you want to call it. I requested my name to be changed before Heel linked to my Reddit as if he was revealing something about me. It's not an insult or shameful to show me what I've posted in the past. Why would it be?

That's also not why I effectively stopped posting here either. It's WWE's shitty product and my declining interest in wrestling. I think I need a long ass break from it, and that's fine. I pop back in to watch major events but I stopped following the news and the weekly shows. Having a much better time of it that way.

I mostly have enjoyed my interactions with you guys, but I think I'll be even more scarce from now on. Just wanted to clear some things up before I did so. Thanks for everything.

Who were you?

edit: nevermind, see you're strobogo. Didn't know about the name change, but I thought the reddit stuff was old news.

Do what makes you happy. Would love to see you back around at some point, but as long as you're happy, that's what matters. See you around.

Sephzilla

Jesus fucking Christ, Cena just got another t-shirt before this for his US title reign. I think they're accelerating his t-shirt rate
because someone else might be creeping up on his #1 spot lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, the curb stomp doesn't look any more dangerous than any of the other moves, but I suppose I've never been on the receiving end of one.

Kaladin

Jesus fucking Christ, Cena just got another t-shirt before this for his US title reign. I think they're accelerating his t-shirt rate

Gotta have more youth size Cena shirts for house shows!

Alucard

Banned
He's fine, on the most part. His scripted joke schtick is mostly entertaining and he seems to put some effort into a free podcast (the Wrestlemania show was an impressive undertaking). He can be a bit flippant sometimes, play the "ex-creative" card too many times and I don't like when he takes a nap for Nate's sports question time :(. Overall an entertaining enough dude and a relatively different voice in the LAW podcast pantheon.

I find him to be overall too negative. If this is his actual personality, I can understand why a company wouldn't want a personality like his potentially polluting the staff room. Too snarky and sarcastic. On the other hand, he's entertaining enough as a podcast host.

somedevil

Here is likely the Extreme Rules Card:

Orton vs Rollins
Big Show vs Reigns
Cena vs Rusev
Bryan vs BNB
Sheamus vs Ziggler
Dean Ambrose vs Harper
Nikki vs ?
Lucha Dragons vs Cesaro and Kidd

One of these matches could be a the preshow or they will just create one for it.

Fox318

Here is likely the Extreme Rules Card:

Orton vs Rollins
Big Show vs Reigns
Cena vs Rusev
Bryan vs BNB
Sheamus vs Ziggler
Dean Ambrose vs Harper
Nikki vs ?
Lucha Dragons vs Cesaro and Kidd

One of these matches could be a the preshow or they will just create one for it.

Man they better not have Cesaro job to the 2botchcrew

this all sounds insane( from a old observer)

ALL JAPAN: There is still nothing new when it comes to negotiations for the Tokyo Dome show. Johnny Ace did get back to ECW wanting a Kenta Kobashi vs. Bam Bam Bigelow match with Kobashi going over and ECW wanted Shane Douglas going over in a title match against Hiroshi Hase in exchange but that hasn't been agreed to. From a WWF standpoint, nothing new has transpired. Whether the two sides will work together later this year as far as WWF sending talent to All Japan tours is one thing, but time is getting late for putting together a deal for 5/1. According to WWF officials, Vince McMahon wanted to be at the negotiating sessions in Japan but that it was Giant Baba who suggested that McMahon miss the first meeting because it would become a media nightmare. There was also trepidation at suggestions of a top WWF star doing a job for a top AJ wrestler and then having the AJ wrestler come to the U.S. and return the favor. The feeling is that, say Shawn Michaels, for example, losing to Kobashi, would mean something in Japan but if Kobashi then came to the U.S. and put over Michaels, it would mean nothing in the U.S. We have no word on the Dome advance, but we do know that all 6,000 tickets priced at 30,000 yen ($250) sold out the first day they were put on sale so the show is already a winner with nothing even officially announced

Fox318

It is amazing that after all of the pyro and the showy shit the WWE has done and will ever do..

The best entrance is a man breaking the glass and breaking ground for the business at 13.

Softgels

Banned

Austin had 5 different shirts in 6 weeks at one point before WM14. Then he got 6 or 7 more the rest of the year. Cena getting 2-3 shirts over the year has nothing on Austin.

It is amazing that after all of the pyro and the showy shit the WWE has done and will ever do..

The best entrance is a man breaking the glass and breaking ground for the business at 13.

Just rewatched this and I gotta agree. Best part is how he walks out yelling shit, mugging at the crowd, rips up a sign - just pure unadulterated contempt.

Also Ken Shamrock looks like a walking tank and his referee gear is goddamn amazing. Can we get a tumblr of the best Guest Referee shirts in wrestling?

Top Bottom