• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ambrose wins.
You love to be disappointed, don't you?

Also, sending a happy birthday shoutout to Spider from Mars.
yqjDnGa.jpg

Zach

I'm currently up to Clash of the Champions II, I've done my best to watch all the shows between each event (sadly there's not a lot of them) to keep the story lines strong. It's been great to see Macho Man's introduction and build up. I know Sunny mentioned it a few months ago, but I never really picked up on how badly Macho treats Elizabeth - you do want to hate him, and I found myself liking George Steel.

WCW is hard to follow as there's no shows in between the Events to flesh out the story lines. Sting sort of appears and becomes super over straight away... and what's with the amount of blood on those damn shows! The early PPVs can't seem to go a match without someone pouring blood. Also those Skywalker Matches... holy shit. I can't decide if they're the best idea or worst idea ever.
Probably the best idea ever in the '80s. Not so much now.

I'm watching some Raws from 96. HBK is a womanizer and a home wrecker and Vince is riding his dick pretty hard on commentary. Oh, did Bret Hart win most popular athlete? Well if you want to talk about popular you most definitely have to be talking about HBK and the clique!

Stardust is probably the only one to gain anything from the KotR so its definitely going to go to Sheamus or Ziggler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ifRkv6d.gif

Welcome back stro!

Boy, the crowd friggin loves her return. Heralding Rusev's return to credibility I hope. Honestly it hasn't been too bad for Rusev, we knew this would happen. I wonder where he goes after Cena.

strobogo

Banned
I'm watching some Raws from 96. HBK is a womanizer and a home wrecker and Vince is riding his dick pretty hard on commentary. Oh, did Bret Hart win most popular athlete? Well if you want to talk about popular you most definitely have to be talking about HBK and the clique!

Stardust is probably the only one to gain anything from the KotR so its definitely going to go to Sheamus or Ziggler.

Everything about HBK from the face turn after WM11 to his retirement was dog shit. Just awful. Vince's hard on for him was just insane, and even worse was that HBK was putting on mostly comedy matches during that period. Almost every match he had was underwhelming as fuck. Then as DX...fuck. Fuck DX. All versions. Chyna was by far the best part of DX. It is quite curious that, despite the verbal blowjobs Shawn got every night, Bret was far more over with all segments of the audience and was putting on far better matches, AND was treated as the real top guy.

Also, in my time in Area 51, I've concluded that Bret was better than Owen and I really don't think it was much of a contest, either. Bret was better at everything besides some of the high flying stuff. When you look back, Owen really doesn't have many high quality matches. His best are all within 1994-1997 and all involve either Bret or Bulldog. Owen didn't have the realness that Bret had, and his promos are pretty shitty. Bret was a better complete package and has the resume of great matches that Owen doesn't, even against many of the same people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's still the I Quit match to get through, but I don't think Rusev will fare too badly in the grand scheme of things. He's too good, same with Lana.

What's nice is since Rusev has had his ascent, there's a lot more interesting matchups to see. Rusev/Lesnar, Rusev/Rollins, Rusev/Neville, and many more. I'd love to see it all considering how much he has improved, and it's incredibly obvious he gives a fuck about in-ring psychology which is treated like an afterthought outside of PPVs and main eventers.

NoRéN

What's nice is since Rusev has had his ascent, there's a lot more interesting matchups to see. Rusev/Lesnar, Rusev/Rollins, Rusev/Neville, and many more. I'd love to see it all considering how much he has improved, and it's incredibly obvious he gives a fuck about in-ring psychology which is treated like an afterthought outside of PPVs and main eventers.

I was hoping Rusev would be in the King of the Ring tournament.

Would have loved to see Czar Rusev giving us more great matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;161827153 said:
I was hoping Rusev would be in the King of the Ring tournament.

Would have loved to see Czar Rusev giving us more great matches.

What a good fit that would be :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AHAHAHAAH. No. It's for her impending face push/Rusev betrayal.

Rusev is prigotovlennyy.

Don't say these things :(

She isn't even a trained wrestler, is she? I've never seen hide nor hair of any match she's ever done.

Also, in my time in Area 51, I've concluded that Bret was better than Owen and I really don't think it was much of a contest, either. Bret was better at everything besides some of the high flying stuff. When you look back, Owen really doesn't have many high quality matches. His best are all within 1994-1997 and all involve either Bret or Bulldog. Owen didn't have the realness that Bret had, and his promos are pretty shitty. Bret was a better complete package and has the resume of great matches that Owen doesn't, even against many of the same people.

I think Owen had an easier time of connecting with crowds at first, but that changed once Bret figured out how to carry himself and get his style & persona over. If you watch some of their stuff in the UK & Japan it was obvious Owen had more natural charisma and got better reactions in general, whereas Bret seemed to struggle in that regard. As for Owen's best matches, he did have some great bouts in Japan with the likes of Liger, Hase & Koshinaka in the late 80's, but overall I'd agree that the gap between Bret & Owen isn't as small as people often make out.

Cagey

Banned

First day back and stro has booked a massive feud with Dragon West.

Business is picking up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But I agree with him. Bret's definitely a better package deal than Owen even if I like Owen more.

and King Owen is the best KOTR. And Bret's a better overall package than anyone. He's a foundation even if you have a bigger megastar like Hogan. You want a Bret who can put out good matches who whines but whines with a spine. I'd say Bret's a better overall package than Macho as well.

Top Bottom