• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Akira Maeda as well, he was called Kwik-Kik Lee (see what they did there? lol). Lots of the New Japan jr's had stints in the UK during their learning excursions.

Oh that name rings a bell now, I'm sure that was the guy my Nana used to like haha The day I learned my Nana watched World of Sport and talked about various wrestlers was amazing. World of Sport was ground breaking, I have little back this claim up, but I just feel like it was so damn important to my childhood and probably wrestling in general.

Sephzilla

So would Roman be "King Roman" or "Emperor Roman" if he wins King of the Ring?

Also, what if Chicago cheered Roman because everyone knew they'd boo Roman so they went full anti-conformist?

CDn8UC8WIAA8vF6.png:large

Well there we go

Sephzilla

Well there we go

It's going to be either Shaemus, Neville, or Dolph. Stardust as my dark horse

LOGIC TIME

Shaemus - Because he's already won it and could use the king gimmick to do more heel shit
Dolph - Because he and Shaemus are the only 2 currently feuding who have a chance to meet in the finals
Neville - Because he already has a kingly cape

It's going to be either Shaemus, Neville, or Dolph. Stardust as my dark horse

I'm sort of hoping Neville gets far, but I think that's just me cheering on a fellow Geordie haha. Overall that's a really good list of entrants, I'm interested in them all - dare I say it's a very 'internet friendly' list of wrestlers too.

Barrage

That bracket is looking reaaaallll Neville friendly.

The problem is the only heels he could face in the Finals is Stardust and Barrett-and he just beat Barrett clean last night.

But repetitive booking is WWE's forte,so i'm gonna say Neville/Barrett final.

Also hoping this will start a bit of a Stardust push.

EDIT: I change my mind. Neville/Ziggler Final. Tempt the smarks to renew their subscriptions.

I wonder why, when the New Day got booed, they turned heel instead of the commentators saying there was a "mixed reaction" or a "love them or hate them"

Kaladin

CDn8UC8WIAA8vF6.png:large

Logic Time:

Sheamus advances because he is "hot" after last night.

Neville advances over Harper to set up a rematch with Sheamus.

Stardust over R-Truth because lol R-Truth.

Ziggles over Bad News because Barrett is on a decline.

Round 2:

Neville over Sheamus to get his win back

Ziggler over Stardust because lol Stardust

Finals:

Neville vs Ziggler

It's a real toss up, but I would go with Neville over Ziggler to give the new guy a big push.

So would Roman be "King Roman" or "Emperor Roman" if he wins King of the Ring?

Also, what if Chicago cheered Roman because everyone knew they'd boo Roman so they went full anti-conformist?

Chicago cheered Roman because they were wanting tables all night, they let nobody else use a table, and they built the match around Roman trying to use tables, but Show trying to stop him

Mizerman

He won the king of the ring, so king gimmick.

The SCOOPZ at the time were reporting that there was a RAW writer who really disliked Sheamus, hence his rather awful tenure before turning face.

Oh yeah...I remember now. Because I was wondering why he was on a losing streak shortly after.

Heard it was Kevin Dunn or some other writer that disliked Sheamus for some reason. Dunno how true it was, but eh.

I wonder why, when the New Day got booed, they turned heel instead of the commentators saying there was a "mixed reaction" or a "love them or hate them"

Heh. I think they even they have a limit on how much they can spin the whole "mixed reaction" bit on supposed faces. Especially with the reactions that New Day got.

NoRéN;161813098 said:
It's been a while but I'm guessing to feud with the King of kings?

He did feud with HHH right?

Right, but I think the bulk of the feud was before the whole King Sheamus bit.

I wonder how frequent these KOTR tourneys are gonna be? Cause fuck it do it every month for the IC title. God knows there needs to be some kind of hierarchy in that mid-card. Cause fuck.

Who should win King of the Ring, and why?

Should they use the "King" gimmick, and if so, how?

A fascinating question, why I'm spurred to put a chunk of the roster under my analytical eye and deduce what kingly futures could be in store for sports entertainment.

King Stardust (aka: Cosmic King)
Ah yes the mad king archtype, corrupted by the gold sceptre Stardust believes it to be the true cosmic key to unlock the door that bypasses the glass ceiling so he can ascend into the celestial realm of the main event.
As such Rhodes would treat the sceptre like his precious possession and act like it has magical powers and shit, now that's sports entertainment.

King Barrett (aka: Best King)

Makes too much sense really, he could use his rising podium to house his throne and deliver BAD NEWS through his kingly declerations, which is to say he also gains authority powers, see when you're British this gimmick comes with extra perks.
And Neville as a Jester.

King Ryback (aka: Glutton King)

Ryback has a mighty round table at which he feasts upon jobbers, his appetite insatiable leads to weekly sacrifices until they run out of jobbers and Ryback must tear through the main roster in order to satiate his glutinous greed.
FEED, ME, MORE!
Also reads a chapter of "the secret" to the audience each week from his throne.

King Bryan (aka: Concussion King)

After triumphing against the odds returning from another injury King Bryan is crowned only to receive another concussion when donning the crown, thus no one gets the rub at all, especially not Bryan.

King Ziggler (aka: The Silent king)

Immediately after making his first speech the WWE universe collectively realises the horrible mistake of giving Ziggler mic time, thus they tape his mouth shut and revoke his status

King Reigns (aka: The Enduring Reign, Believe that)

Vinny Mac is all for this super push and Roman empire gimmick but he doesn't want to drop the shield attire dammit, thus after steamrolling the competition Emperor Reigns throws this royal gimmick on top of his existing self and continues entering through the crowd and wearing Shield attire except with a robe, he never sheds this attire as long as Vince draws breath thus Reigns is always king, even 5 years from now.

King Ambrose (aka: The Lunatic King)
Prop comedy galore and a lot of the announcers saying how KERAZY this lunatic is, Cole's fake laughter dominates the segments as Ambrose does Ambrose stuff, except now he has a crown.

King Wyatt (aka: Rambling King)
"See now, haah, this kingdom is crumbling, ohhhh it's crumbling but in its place there is a new face of fear that dons the crown of calamity hahahah.
And what are you going to do when your land is overrun by the swarm that buzzes through the night and erects a new order within this universe? Queen Abigail will rule you, all you have to do is bow to the new order.
Change, aha, change is coming and you are powerless to stop it, unless you think you can challenge me on the battlements of Castle Wyatt?! ahhaaaah....find me"
*BLERP*

And it just keeps going on like this every week.

King Fandango (aka: The dancing queen king)
No longer will Fandango wrestle, he instead has the power to make all his matches a dance off so he can finally sniff WWE gold by dancing his way to the main event, until Cena outdances him of course, some fresh odds to overcome right there.

King Harper (aka: Barbarian King)
A lot of vacant staring off from the throne, the intimidatory glare of harper allows his kingly status to use jobbers as his personal army.
As such he invades matches with his men and plonks his throne in the ring where he stays until someone unseats him, he never says a word, only gestures.

King Show (aka: Same old Show)
It's Big Show now with a crown, aside from this he continues being a big man who probably shifts from heel to face and back again in the tournament alone.

King Kane (aka: King in 2015)
Donning a new mask that merges with the crown, King Kane would be a benevolent ruler who mostly sits in his throne room backstage dealing with Director of Operations duties.
His sceptre also has flame pyro.
And as per Kane cycle this opens the door for another diva storyline where he looks to court a Queen, the adventures will never end!

No matter what happens it's all pointless seeing that...
King Cenation (aka: most decorated King in WWE history Maggle!)
The self proclaimed King of the WWE universe and whoever wants the throne will have to get through him first, spoilers: they all lose.

Of course a bracket goes up while I'm fantasy booking, well some of these fabulous choices can still apply, maybe I should do the actual missing participants.

JavyOO7

Given time, all those matches would be great. They won't be given time, because we need 20 minute promos to start and end the show. Thankfully, the semi finals and finals should get time since its on the old Main Event slot and Main Event usually gives time to their matches. For instance, Sin Cara had some great matches as of late with BNB and Cesaro on that show. Main Event is great.

Top three king candidates in the actual bracket to me are...
Stardust
Barrett
Harper

Barrett if you want to go a more traditional route, Stardust for batshit insanity, Harper for gimmick clash.
In no way is this list subject to my own biases in any way shape or form.

Kaladin

Kiss My Arse match......

should have seen the PG ass kissing coming if they can't even call it Kiss My Ass Match.

He didn't even really kiss his ass, it was more like a thigh.

Top Bottom