• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

KissVibes

Banned
I can't believe I was wrong about Reigns in KotR.

I can't fucking believe that WWE is just putting him in a WHC match with Orton and Rollins. I suppose you can say Reigns still has a rematch from WM to burn, but KotR coming back so abruptly screamed "THIS IS ROMAN'S THING, A THING FOR REIGNS."

strobogo

Banned
But I agree with him. Bret's definitely a better package deal than Owen even if I like Owen more.

and King Owen is the best KOTR. And Bret's a better overall package than anyone. He's a foundation even if you have a bigger megastar like Hogan. You want a Bret who can put out good matches who whines but whines with a spine. I'd say Bret's a better overall package than Macho as well.

Probably. Macho scripted everything to the letter and likely couldn't just go out and call a match with any random dude and pull a good match out of it. Obviously, very different wrestlers and characters, with very different types of charisma as well. Complete package seems hard to pick Bret due to Macho's overwhelming charisma. In the ring, for sure, though. Bret was that 70s/80s NWA champion kind of wrestler, which made him very unique in the cartoon world of the WWF.

Fox318

Why did they just reupload this with a different order? Weird.

AmA3ytc.png

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/592799839668305920

where is king Cesaro?

Kaladin

King of The Ring would be the perfect time to bring back our reigning and defending God King Lesnar.

He could crush everyone involved in the tournament, lay waste to the entire field and demand to be reinstated and demand his payback on Seth Rollins.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The KotR guys are all from the IC ladder match, except Neville instead of D.Brine.

I don't quite get what this is going to accomplish. And why did they just suddenly announce it last night? KotR has prestige and nostalgia behind it. It's like this was a complete after thought.

Sephzilla

Also, in my time in Area 51, I've concluded that Bret was better than Owen and I really don't think it was much of a contest, either. Bret was better at everything besides some of the high flying stuff. When you look back, Owen really doesn't have many high quality matches. His best are all within 1994-1997 and all involve either Bret or Bulldog. Owen didn't have the realness that Bret had, and his promos are pretty shitty. Bret was a better complete package and has the resume of great matches that Owen doesn't, even against many of the same people.

I'd agree with this. I think Owen had the potential to be better than Bret... but it didn't happen cuz, y'know.

and King Owen is the best KOTR. And Bret's a better overall package than anyone. He's a foundation even if you have a bigger megastar like Hogan. You want a Bret who can put out good matches who whines but whines with a spine. I'd say Bret's a better overall package than Macho as well.

This one's tough for me. Bret was absolutely better in the ring but man, Macho had way more charisma and a better gimmick than Bret.

Alucard

Banned
Neville vs Harper tonight.

In KotR qualifying too? Nice.

Who do you guys see winning this thing? Ambrose would be weird. Ziggler, Barrett, or Neville would make sense. I could see it being a rematch between Barrett and Neville in the final, with Barrett getting his win back from Extreme Rules. Plus, Barrett already has a cape and can do the royalty schtick.

And hey, welcome back, stro. Fresh start or still gonna ignore the lot of us?

Ambrose was supposedly getting a push for Summerslam.

I see a Shield triple threat in that case, with Ambrose winning KoTR.

I just hope Harper beats Neville tonight. That guy shouldn't be losing so many matches like BnB

so is this an actual king of the ring tournament they are gonna run over the next few weeks? i saw the ad saying there was a special on tomorrow night but i assumed it was a replay of an old ppv or some retrospective

Kaladin

so is this an actual king of the ring tournament they are gonna run over the next few weeks? i saw the ad saying there was a special on tomorrow night but i assumed it was a replay of an old ppv or some retrospective

Quarters tonight, semis and finals tomorrow on the network.

Did you read the thread?

Bracket is even on this page.

strobogo

Banned
I'd agree with this. I think Owen had the potential to be better than Bret... but it didn't happen cuz, y'know.

Owen was on the downslide of his career when he died. Granted, I don't think he was super happy to be in the WWF after Montreal, but he peaked as an in ring performer in 1994. He wasn't going to have a career renaissance or anything. He was likely going to retire within a year or two anyway. Had he stayed in Japan, maybe things would have been different. But in the WWF, Bret outshined him on just about every level possible. In the WWF, I don't think Owen ever had the potential to be better than Bret.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best there is, was, ever will be isn't really an exaggeration when it comes to Bret. The only one who ever even came close to being as complete a package was Kirk Angel, and, well, we saw how that turned out.

I only have In Your House 5 and the final RAW to end 1995. The end of the year is dramatically better than the first ten months.

so ... if pro wrestling makes it to the Olympics, should it be a results based sport, or a performance based sport?

u know, like synchronized swimming

so ... if pro wrestling makes it to the Olympics, should it be a results based sport, or a performance based sport?

u know, like synchronized swimming

it'd have to be performance based. obviously. but it could totally be a thing. the judges announce their results directly to the ref during a pause in action near the end, then the winner gets to make the pin. that'd be pretty cool actually.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Extreme Rules has been the best B show this entire decade. It's always worth watching.

Tonight's RAW/SMACKDOWN Supershow will include the first two rounds of the prestigious King of the Ring tournament and an appearance by none other than Hornswaggle.

Is this king of the ring thing for some jobber belt or something else

unless it's for the IC, it's for the title of 'King of the Ring'. it's a thing. sometimes it makes people go crazy and pretend to be an actual king for an extended period of time.

usually with awesome results.

Top Bottom