• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sami Zayn is so screwed. He will forever be associated as the guy that left One Direction.

Good point friend, is Sami going to pass the test when Alexander, Adrian and Antonio failed? Or perhaps Vince just doesn't like names that start with A.

Alucard

Banned
Akira Hokuto vs. Manami Toyota

Check it out, friends. Good stuff from 1995. THE DESTINY CLIMAX.

Manami Toyota was legit.
66H6ur6.gif

Mr.Swag

Banned
Raw ending was weird.
Show as a whole was great.

I do hate wrestling fans tho

What's the point of CM punk chants?

The guys not coming back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He was sitting in the crowd with the rest of his fedora wearing MRA, /r/athiest friends starting sexist chants at the women wrestlers.
1afbbc2129b02b98fd53a0c6291f2ef4.jpg

Bray is 'with it' unlike the current WWE champion who just uses women as if they were sex toys. Unsurprising given he was trained in the sexist world of indie cunts like Joey Ryan.
tumblr_nm22obScPt1r89qoso1_540.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Crowd was dead as fuck for that Rusev match tonight. What's that word friend Heel likes to use so much? Oh yeah, #cooked.

Crowd was dead as fuck for that Rusev match tonight. What's that word friend Heel likes to use so much? Oh yeah, #cooked.
The sexist chants totally killed the night's positive energy, and the third hour of Raw is too long by that point anyway. People were definitely hyped to see Rusev. You just know against Goldust that the segment means nothing.

Alucard

Banned
Are we talking about 2015 match lists? Here is mine.

Jan 4th AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito 3.75/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi 5/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.25/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 7th Aztec Warfare Match 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 14th Aerostar vs. Argenis vs. Angelico vs. Cage 4/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 18th Volador Jr. vs. Gran Guerrero 3.75/5 (NJPW - Fantasticamania Night 1)
Jan 25th Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar 4.5/5 (WWE - Royal Rumble)
Feb 11th Tomoaki Honma vs. Kota Ibushi 4.25/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 11th Young Bucks vs. Time Splitters vs. reDRagon 3.75/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 11th AJ Styles vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 14th Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Rob Conway 3.75/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Sendai)
Feb 14th Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii 5/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Sendai)
Feb 14th The Young Bucks and AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal, ACH, and Cedric Alexander 3.75/5 (ROH - TV ep.178)
March 5th Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuyori Shibata 3.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
March 5th Tetsuya Naito vs. Karl Anderson 4.25/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
March 8th Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto 3.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.2)
March 11th Johnny Mundo vs. King Cuerno 4.25/5 (Lucha Underground - cage match)
March 13th EC3 vs. Rockstar Spud Hair vs. Hair 4/5 for the angle/story (TNA Impact Wrestling)
March 15th Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi 4.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Finals - semi-final)
March 15th Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Finals - final)
March 18th Mil Muertes vs. Fenix Grave Consequences 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
March 20th Kurt Angle vs. Lashley 4/5 (TNA Impact Wrestling)
March 25th Cage vs. Prince Puma 4/5 (Lucha Underground)

So Big Show totally won the Andre battle royal for no good reason huh? Seemed almost completely forgotten about on RAW bar the mention during his entrance.

Anth0ny

Listening to Alvarez and Meltzer go over the Mania card... he's calling it one of the best Mania's and best WWE shows ever. I liked the show, but I just don't see it. It wasn't even in the same league as the 2000 WWF PPVs (besides Mania 2000).

Are we talking about 2015 match lists? Here is mine.

Jan 4th AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito 3.75/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi 5/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 4th Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.25/5 (NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Jan 7th Aztec Warfare Match 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 14th Aerostar vs. Argenis vs. Angelico vs. Cage 4/5 (Lucha Underground)
Jan 18th Volador Jr. vs. Gran Guerrero 3.75/5 (NJPW - Fantasticamania Night 1)
Jan 25th Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar 4.5/5 (WWE - Royal Rumble)
Feb 11th Tomoaki Honma vs. Kota Ibushi 4.25/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 11th Young Bucks vs. Time Splitters vs. reDRagon 3.75/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 11th AJ Styles vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Osaka)
Feb 14th Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Rob Conway 3.75/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Sendai)
Feb 14th Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii 5/5 (NJPW - The New Beginning in Sendai)
Feb 14th The Young Bucks and AJ Styles vs. Matt Sydal, ACH, and Cedric Alexander 3.75/5 (ROH - TV ep.178)
March 5th Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuyori Shibata 3.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
March 5th Tetsuya Naito vs. Karl Anderson 4.25/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.1)
March 8th Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto 3.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Rd.2)
March 11th Johnny Mundo vs. King Cuerno 4.25/5 (Lucha Underground - cage match)
March 13th EC3 vs. Rockstar Spud Hair vs. Hair 4/5 for the angle/story (TNA Impact Wrestling)
March 15th Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi 4.75/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Finals - semi-final)
March 15th Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5/5 (NJPW - New Japan Cup Finals - final)
March 18th Mil Muertes vs. Fenix Grave Consequences 4.5/5 (Lucha Underground)
March 20th Kurt Angle vs. Lashley 4/5 (TNA Impact Wrestling)
March 25th Cage vs. Prince Puma 4/5 (Lucha Underground)

Seen em all except for the LU shows. Super behind on that.

First hour of RAW was incredible. BROCK SMASH was god-tier material and the way things played out with the announce team and the immeasurable weight of the announce table is so strange I don't know if it's kayfabe or not. How Byron got put out there awkwardly and only after 15 minutes and then left to suffer alone for almost another hour until they sent King out makes it confusing. Not telling Byron about the plan is one thing but they wouldn't NOT tell King and then NOT have him ready to go out. In past incidents of announcers getting beaten up or displaced for whatever reason they always had someone ready to come out immediately.

This sort of thing can only have been pulled off on a RAMania crowd. How is any other Monday night crowd going to roll with the big evil guy who was booked as an absolute monster a day ago getting babyface sympathy after he destroys the joint? I mean, christ, he literally F5'd Cole out of his shoes, which is something I didn't know was possible. And got a pop for it. And the story as-written by the WWE was that we were supposed to sympathize with Lesnar when he got booted out because "he just wants to fight a scummy guy that ran off like a coward!" ...Even King on commentary said later he sympathized with Lesnar. That kind of weird praise is typically reserved for Cena, or, lately, Reigns.

I almost felt bad for Reigns tonight. ALMOST. He put on a perfectly entertaining match with Lesnar and assuming the cocky jackass grins while getting pounded on were scripted it's not really his fault for once. This has become even more toxic long-term than Batista last year. At least then people could put their angry energy into excitement for Bryan but there's nowhere to place the built up energy this time. WM is over and we didn't get an emotional payoff for enduring the stress. This isn't going to feel resolved until Reigns turns heel so people are allowed to "officially" boo him.

Mania was really good fun. Far more than it should have been. Going to check out Raw as well and see how it goes.

Ronda is the fucking best. If we and the other half did that stupid freebie list thing, I think she'd be on both of ours.

Top Bottom