• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Mahonay

Banned
Kalisto looked the best he has since being signed.
Out of anyone who's come up from NXT recently I think Kalisto excites me the most.

Just a couple months ago I don't know if I would have believed I'd be saying this now. The guy is really bringing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI for those complaining about jobber entrances, the talent can request a "jobber entrance" if they want more time in the match. "Cut our entrances so we can tell a better story with 2 more mins" etc

Sephzilla

I was surprised Kalisto got called up. His sloppy NXT Rival performance was still fresh in my mind.

Single named Neville with the cape that reminded me of WWE Hall of Famer Oz didn't have as bad of a debut as the Ascension for sure, but man that single name shit is stupid.

EDIT - Sunny I love your avatar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was surprised Kalisto got called up. His sloppy NXT Rival performance was still fresh in my mind.

Single named Neville with the cape that reminded me of WWE Hall of Famer Oz didn't have as bad of a debut as the Ascension for sure, but man that single name shit is stupid.

EDIT - Sunny I love your avatar

Thank you. I'm proud to rep Seth-sama.

Mahonay

Banned
FYI for those complaining about jobber entrances, the talent can request a "jobber entrance" if they want more time in the match. "Cut our entrances so we can tell a better story with 2 more mins" etc
Ok, if time is the issue on their 3 HOUR show how about they cut down on the 15 repeated recaps, and the multi-man tag matches that appear to only exist to fill more time. Then again I guess that's just symptomatic of the way the entire show is put together these days.

Xater

Out of anyone who's come up from NXT recently I think Kalisto excites me the most.

Just a couple months ago I don't know if I would have believed I'd be saying this now. The guy is really bringing it.

The thing is I have seen Kalisto before and in matches not just on NXT and he never was as sloppy as on that show. He probably just had one of those days.

Sephzilla

MINI REVIEW - I've come to the conclusion that Bloodborne is the best Souls game yet.
  • It has the intricate shortcut filled level design of Demons Souls, but better
  • It has the well thought out open world of Dark Souls, but better
  • It takes the advancements in combat Dark Souls 2 made, but better
  • It uses the Dark Souls 2 torch mechanic, but better (and smarter)
  • A more offensive oriented game is more fun
  • It matches and surpasses Demons Souls in terms of atmosphere
  • Best top to bottom collection of bosses
  • Art style in this game is absolutely gorgeous
Thank you. I'm proud to rep Seth-sama.

I would be too. Seth winning = we all are winning

hamchan

Don't think Saxton is ready to handle solo Raw commentating with 6 different people in his ear constantly telling him stuff at the same time.

Mahonay

Banned
Don't think Saxton is ready to handle solo Raw commentating with 6 different people in his ear constantly telling him stuff at the same time.
I felt terrible for him last night.

Although he was supposed to sound like he was in shock about what just happened, which added to him sounding weird.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, if time is the issue on their 3 HOUR show how about they cut down on the 15 repeated recaps, and the multi-man tag matches that appear to only exist to fill more time. The again I guess that's just symptomatic of the way the entire show is put together these days.

I dunno what to tell you. You're given an allocation of time, you can make compromises.

Sephzilla

Saxton seemed more comfortable after his second solo segment started. He was a deer in the headlights out there for the first segment he solo'd (granted I think he was also trying to sell Brock's attack). He seemed a lot more comfortable with Lawler out there.

Ok, if time is the issue on their 3 HOUR show how about they cut down on the 15 repeated recaps, and the multi-man tag matches that appear to only exist to fill more time. The again I guess that's just symptomatic of the way the entire show is put together these days.

I'd agree with this. There are a lot of other ways you can trim the fat off of a 3 hour Raw without needing jobber entrances.

I might have to look up a clip of this dude commentating Raw solo. That hasn't happened very often, has it?

Before Saxton came out there was a solid 5 minutes of no commentary while they showed replays of Brock's attack. It was the most soothing 5 minutes of Raw in years.

bjork

I might have to look up a clip of this dude commentating Raw solo. That hasn't happened very often, has it?

Xater

He wasn't good, but I still rather had him than the usual trio. Yes I think they are that bad. Saxton wasn't good, but I could easily tune him out unlike the guys Brock killed. They are actively annoying.

Mahonay

Banned
I dunno what to tell you. You're given an allocation of time, you can make compromises.
I think Bryan and Zigs definitely used the time they were given wisely, for sure.

He wasn't good, but I still rather had him than the usual trio. Yes I think they are that bad. Saxton wasn't good, but I could easily tune him out unlike the guys Brock killed. They are actively annoying.
Byron's best quality is that he's not grating to listen to. It's like smooth jazz in my ears after dealing with Cole and JBL yelling over each other for 3 hours.

bjork

Before Saxton came out there was a solid 5 minutes of no commentary while they showed replays of Brock's attack. It was the most soothing 5 minutes of Raw in years.

There was about 25 minutes of no commentating during Brock/Undertaker last year. I would've bet money those dudes were asleep!

I'm trying to remember any solo Raw segments from years past. I guess it would have to follow an announcer getting attacked or something, but I'm drawing a blank. Solo Vince or solo Macho would've been a hoot.

Mahonay

Banned
There was about 25 minutes of no commentating during Brock/Undertaker last year. I would've bet money those dudes were asleep!

I'm trying to remember any solo Raw segments from years past. I guess it would have to follow an announcer getting attacked or something, but I'm drawing a blank. Solo Vince or solo Macho would've been a hoot.
Vince solo commentating sounds fucking amazing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
WWE turned down the crowd audio “to a ridiculous degree” during last night’s Raw main event

LOL...just turn Reigns heel already.

Sephzilla

Shaemus's new look is something that would get more of a pass if he was a face. As a heel it's going to be hard to take him seriously.

Fox318

Shaemus's new look is something that would get more of a pass if he was a face. As a heel it's going to be hard to take him seriously.

Not if he is booked to destroy people or in a position of power.

Really he should take Kane or Big Show's place.

Ithil

Sheamus' new look is hilarious looking. But he really needed a total overhaul of his look, so it's ok.
He needs a new theme song too.

bjork

How about both places? I was at Target yesterday and in the toy section, even Kane's action figure looks tired and ready to go lay down.

Sephzilla

Shaemus could be booked like Lesnar and I'd have a really hard time taking him seriously as long as he looks like Millenial Red Rooster

Fox318

How about both places? I was at Target yesterday and in the toy section, even Kane's action figure looks tired and ready to go lay down.

Yeah I understand they have a crazy contract with Big Show but the fucking deal with Kane seems so stupid.

You have younger guys like Luke Harper or even Rowan who would be perfect for that role.

Even in Steph and HHH's role you could have a guy like them. Its like Vince only wants his family and 1-2 other people booked in a way that makes sense so he doesn't have to pay them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NWA Classics screenshot - tough to identify these guys. Anyone else able to?
qhHRt0l.jpg

Fox318

The conversation of Shaemus in a way kinda relates to Roman.

How do you change the perception of somebody either being not liked (Shaemus) or somebody the crowd has given up on (Roman)?

I mean with Shaemus there wasn't even a chance for him to even pretend to be face.

The conversation of Shaemus in a way kinda relates to Roman.

How do you change the perception of somebody either being not liked (Shaemus) or somebody the crowd has given up on (Roman)?

I mean with Shaemus there wasn't even a chance for him to even pretend to be face.

completly repackage them. sheamus just acted like sheamus always does, they just changed his alignment.

for roman Drop the Vest, have him be an ass kicker and not somoan cena.

Top Bottom