• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Ziggler gonna job hard
You can't possibly be talking about the same Showtime I'm talking about:

iGeTYQYAUuHgO.jpg

The only people who like Showtime are people who were out of their minds on drugs when they saw it, or have taken more chair shots than a jobber in a Balls Mahoney match. It's not just a failed movie, it's actually an insult to comedy and cinema.

I've never heard of this movie but a Eddie Murphy/De Niro comedy in 02 sounds Not Good

DominoKid

but thats what we're talking about. Rock's comedy hour during his prime was usually pretty bad at ethering the other talent, and at times it got overwrought and boring. Regardless of Rock's racial make up, his work on Booker T was in poor taste. Rock: Here's Booker T's elementary school teacher, what is 2+2, Booker? ITS THOMAS JEFFERSON!

He was calling Booker T a stupid ****** in those promos. Thats how they came across.

EDIT I agree that Rock was the only main eventer other than Angle that would put over other guys, including Booker. But those promos were bad. Not his best stuff.

hell of a reach there.

somedevil

but thats what we're talking about. Rock's comedy hour during his prime was usually pretty bad at ethering the other talent, and at times it got overwrought and boring. Regardless of Rock's racial make up, his work on Booker T was in poor taste. Rock: Here's Booker T's elementary school teacher, what is 2+2, Booker? ITS THOMAS JEFFERSON!

He was calling Booker T a stupid ****** in those promos. Thats how they came across.

EDIT I agree that Rock was the only main eventer other than Angle that would put over other guys, including Booker. But those promos were bad. Not his best stuff.

You know during the attitude era there was many promos that were racist, anti women, calling people retards and calling people gay to get heat.

If you want to blame someone for being racist to Booker T just look at Triple H.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What? No, the hell it didn't. It came across as Booker T is an idiot. His work with Big Show was the same basically.

The Rock did nothing like Triple H, who did everything except call him a nigger.

Only Rock "burial" I can think of is Billy Gunn lol.

New Adam Rose vid?

Billy Gunn sucked ass though. I'm glad the Rock buried him. Gunn's push was of the same brain trust that though BLONDE + MUSCULAR = NEXT HOGAN!

But that's why Rock burying guys on the mic was okay, because he let them kick the shit out of him in the ring and took the pin quite often. Cena combines the mic burying of the Rock (minus the funny) with the in ring burying of early 2000s HHH.

NastyBook

Cape is the shit. Between that and Goldust's new jacket, that's the type of merchandise WWE needs to be selling. Not some dumbass shirts.

Sheroking

Of course he was calling Booker stupid. It was hilarious. That whole set with Jericho is one of Jericho's favorite career moments for a reason.

Booker lived to win Titles. Just like Kane survived being called a "big red retard", just like Big Show survived being called a 500lbs bag of monkey crap, just like Hunter survived being called a boring, big nosed brown-noser. The only talents that were "ethered" were under-talented performers who couldn't get their heat back, like Billy Gunn.

The biggest difference between a Rock promo and a Cena promo is Rock sells intensity. He never let's you forget that he wants to fight the guy. His work with Cena was hit or miss at best, but I saw more classic Rock in the Punk feud.

Last two Rock runs sucked. His humor sucked. He blew up in the ring in about 10 minutes. He wasn't nearly as cool as The Rock, he was just Dwayne Johnson, reciting his old cornball lines without any of the ability to sell them.

Finally caught up with Raw. Thoughts:

- Like the tournament. Helps the title feel at least a bit more meaningful.

- Love that they let Paige use the scorpion crosslock. Got a nice reaction from the crowd.

- Wish the tag match would have actually happened, but fine with the Shield interference.

- Cesaro good as always. Not sure what he's supposed to be, face or heel, because they handed out Cesaro Section signs.

- Surprised Sheamus won. Expected to see Cesaro vs. Swagger in the finals.

- Wyatt promo was amazing.

- Fuck John Cena. Fuck everything about John Cena. I hope he tears both his ACLs on the way out the arena tonight. Completely tone deaf.

- Surprised Emma was beaten by such a weak looking spot.

- Kane seems like he's on the verge of a character shift. Not sure if it's a face turn though.

Top Bottom