• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Of course he was calling Booker stupid. It was hilarious. That whole set with Jericho is one of Jericho's favorite career moments for a reason.

Booker lived to win Titles. Just like Kane survived being called a "big red retard", just like Big Show survived being called a 500lbs bag of monkey crap, just like Hunter survived being called a boring, big nosed brown-noser. The only talents that were "ethered" were under-talented performers who couldn't get their heat back, like Billy Gunn.

The biggest difference between a Rock promo and a Cena promo is Rock sells intensity. He never let's you forget that he wants to fight the guy. His work with Cena was hit or miss at best, but I saw more classic Rock in the Punk feud.

I think the other reason I was not a big fan of the Rock/Booker T feud is because the WWE were pretty much burying any talent they carried over from the acquisition. I remember joking at the time that had Sting gone over with the rest of the WCW guys, Vince would have jobbed him out to Crash Holly.
In any event, I wasn't a fan of the Rock/Booker T angle. Had Booker been a bit more established with the roster at the time, maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Sheroking

I think the other reason I was not a big fan of the Rock/Booker T feud is because the WWE were pretty much burying any talent they carried over from the acquisition. I remember joking at the time that had Sting gone over with the rest of the WCW guys, Vince would have jobbed him out to Crash Holly.
In any event, I wasn't a fan of the Rock/Booker T angle. Had Booker been a bit more established with the roster at the time, maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

There's no getting around that WCW was jobbed out to WWE, I just think that's more on Vince and creative than Rock (who was just doing what Rock always did).

Showaddy

Is this real?
BlOcqNcCIAAE78g.jpg:large

Also, this crowd has been the shits. Announcer chants, CM Punk chants. Just the worst.
It hasn't been been that bad, like Omaha levels. at least they're into most things.
If sports fans can wear their teams' jerseys, then I should be able to wear a cape or a wrestling shirt or a cape with a wrestling shirt.
A cape is fine. There are some good wrestling shirts. But a cape AND a wrestling shirt? you're just asking for trouble now

C'mon son

There's nothing racist about Rocky's jokes on Booker T. If anything the "short bus" comment is more about special education kids than anything. He's just making Booker look like an idiot.

Top Bottom