• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Orton has sold his injury more in this match than Cena has in his whole career.

Kyoufu

JdFoX187 said:
Laughable. The Rock and Austin were the headliners during a day when the WWE/F was a hell of a lot more popular than it is now.

Yeah I mean in today's age though. New generation man.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Antitype said:
Yes, and I can't see how anybody that isn't a mark can believe that Stone Cold was the face in the Stone Cold/Bret Hart feud after Stone Cold broke Bret's leg with a chair, then assaulted a helpless Bret Hart in a hijacked ambulance.

Oh, no, wait....I can totally see why they can.

I'm behind Orton here, and I'm not a mark. I love both characters, but Orton's unapologetic sociopath character is more up my alley than CM Punk's holier-than-thou character.

That's just me though.
Nothing wrong with cheering for a heel or face separate of their gimmicks and their characters. I just don't understand how one can boo a guy for telling a notorious druggie to lay off the meth and try to reshape his life. Or to go after a guy who viscously, and without malice, cost him the World Championship just for the hell of it.

Marks eat it up though.

Kyoufu said:
Yeah I mean in today's age though. New generation man.
Even now though. Look at the ratings and how they jumped when Rock showed up.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
-Pyromaniac- said:
Orton selling the leg like a champ.

BU BU BU BU BU BU BUT THAT'S SOOOOOOO BORING!!! BORTON LOLOLOLLOLOOZLOZLASOZLZO

Verendus

Banned
You know, every good guy so far has been injured.

Edge had an arm injury.

Rey had a leg injury.

Orton has a leg injury.

It's a conspiracy!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kam said:
You know, every good guy so far has been injured.

Edge had an arm injury.

Rey had a leg injury.

Orton has a leg injury.

It's a conspiracy!
It's the only way the Super powers can lose!

Lkr

28cowg7.jpg

JdFoX187 said:
Nothing wrong with cheering for a heel or face separate of their gimmicks and their characters. I just don't understand how one can boo a guy for telling a notorious druggie to lay off the meth and try to reshape his life. Or to go after a guy who viscously, and without malice, cost him the World Championship just for the hell of it.

Marks eat it up though.

Fair enough.

I'm just saying that fans have cheered for characters that have done bad things for a long time. But as long as you win, and you back up what you say, then they'll forgive you.

Orton has gotten the comparisons to the Stone Cold face turn for a good reason. It's the exact same phenomenon.

People tired of bland cliches gravitated towards an edgier character (at the time...he's be toned down some as a face), who was aggressive, violent, driven, sociopathic and - most importantly - successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom