• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdFoX187

Banned
Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Holier than thou attitude?
Jeff Hardy? Is that you?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE when a heel is in the right, much like Jericho and his feud with HBK. But I just don't understand how anyone that's not a mark can say Punk is the heel here.

*guitar riff*
WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAA
*guitar riff*
ARRARAT RABBAS SLaba rawwwwwwwwwwwww
aratgabba rabaaaaaaa rwawwwwwwwwwww
*guitar riff*
LIVING THROUGH THE DARKEST DAYS

Zhengi

JdFoX187 said:
Someone explain to me how Punk is the heel in all of this? Orton lays him out and costs him the title, Punk finally gets a chance for vengeance, Orton violentally takes out every one of his friends, and Orton is the face?

What? Don't you remember that match where Punk killed his brother, Mufasa?

JdFoX187 said:
Jeff Hardy? Is that you?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE when a heel is in the right, much like Jericho and his feud with HBK. But I just don't understand how anyone that's not a mark can say Punk is the heel here.
I'm actually agree with you here, just saying that's the reason marks see him as the heel.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I want Orton to win so I can lick the tears off your faces.

Weenerz said:
I'm curious, what does CM stand for? I don't know either of these wrestlers.

Cookie Monster

Not watching WM this year (can't afford it) but it sounds like a good show. Looking forward to Raw and Tough Enough tomorrow!

JdFoX187

Banned
Weenerz said:
I'm curious, what does CM stand for? I don't know either of these wrestlers.
According to Wikipedia, he originally started his career in a tag team called Chick Magnets...so there I guess.

EDIT:

A common question about Punk's gimmick, and one that comes up often with fans, is the meaning of the initialism CM. Originally the CM represented the phrase "Chick Magnet", the name of the tag team he was in as a backyard wrestler.[4][11] Punk, however, later changed CM into an orphan acronym, declaring that it has no meaning,[5] though when asked since he has taken to making up meanings that fit the initials, going so far as to make up long stories to explain the origins that do not match the actual origin story at all.[5] Since beginning this practice, Punk has stated CM stands for "Cookie Monster",[130] "Cookie Master",[131] "Crooked Moonsault",[132] "Chuck Mosley",[132] "Charles Montgomery",[11] "Charles Manson",[11] "Crazy Mariachi", "Chicago Made",[133] "Championship Material" and "Cole Miner" among others.

Yes, and I can't see how anybody that isn't a mark can believe that Stone Cold was the face in the Stone Cold/Bret Hart feud after Stone Cold broke Bret's leg with a chair, then assaulted a helpless Bret Hart in a hijacked ambulance.

Oh, no, wait....I can totally see why they can.

I'm behind Orton here, and I'm not a mark. I love both characters, but Orton's unapologetic sociopath character is more up my alley than CM Punk's holier-than-thou character.

That's just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom