• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3 |OT| Thread of beating up moe moe girls

simtmb

Since i got this on the 16th. I haven't spent too much time with it, but my entire play-time thus far, several hours, have just been in training mode and understanding the game better.

Chose Weiss for my main, and using Time arcana currently. I'm gonna stick to this Arcana and character, still not completely comfortably with it all yet as this Arcana, like a lot of them, seems fairly focused when it comes to mix-ups and combo-wise/EFC combos seem to be where it's at, and atm, I'm really just trying to get a feel for all of it.

Absolutely love this game.

shaowebb said:
I played this series before. Lots of big air on moves, but the balance was crap. It felt like a really slow fighter because almost every move could knock you over or all the way across the huge screen. This wouldn't be bad if wave dashing or something could keep you right up on someone, but no such luck.

In the end every character had a keep away game and that was about it. I'm uncertain if Arc System Works produced the last one though. Maybe it will be improved. If not, I prefer my fighters far more fast paced on the screen, and this just doesn't cut it.

From most match videos i've seen it seems very offense oriented
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbqo6AwKd_4

debating on importing.. and then ps3/360 version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
anotheriori said:
From most match videos i've seen it seems very offense oriented
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbqo6AwKd_4

debating on importing.. and then ps3/360 version.

It's region-locked on 360, so more people are going to have the PS3 version. I have "retired" my J360, but went with the PS3 version because of my experience with the Japanese BlazBlue Continuum Shift-- there was barely anyone online playing when I would go on (this was before the U.S. version came out).

With AH3 on PS3, there's always been enough people online at any time of the day when I've played online, and the game's netcode is BB-quality anyway, so the platform doesn't matter as much.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
how do I record input for the cpu in training mode? I saw the menu translation

Select + X = Reset リセット
Select + [] = Recording ready on/off 操作切り替え
Select + /_\ = Recording replay/recording 再生開始 start/ 再生停止 stop

but can someone walk me through how to record the cpu doing a JC or homing B or something? I want to mess around with clash.

2cofszl.jpg

Cowie

It finally came! I'm pumped.. having fun, and excited that I can find folks in the US reasonably readily. Still have a lot to learn though. I might even be able to convince my local friends to play with me, which is.. surprising, but nice.

not even sure who I play yet ._.

Will have to keep an eye on this thread so I can get thrashed next time psn gaf goes at it.

I've never played the arcade version all the way to the boss, so I can't really do a direct comparison, but in the PS3 version the hit-boxes do seem way off. Though (fortunately?) they seem way bigger than they should be. Sometime my attacks would hit nowhere near the intended target but would connect. The janky hitboxes probably make it easier for the player if anything.

Platforms do feel strange too. I don't know if they are supposed to be moving, but the stand-able portion definitely feels smaller than it should.

Though maybe it's just to my sheer frustration in taking nearly 10 tries to beat the bastard at the default difficulty level.

And to be fair I am rubbish at the game.

I'm still kind of annoyed we didn't get the second one in the US. I hope this isn't $60 though. And I hope the PS3 version is on a disc. And if there's a collector's edition it has a better box than Agarest did. You couldn't even look at that thing without damaging it.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
rainking187 said:
I'm still kind of annoyed we didn't get the second one in the US. I hope this isn't $60 though. And I hope the PS3 version is on a disc. And if there's a collector's edition it has a better box than Agarest did. You couldn't even look at that thing without damaging it.
what are you talking about? We did get BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift in the us. are you talking about Record of Agarest War? when did Record of Agarest War 2 come out in japan? i hope we get Arcana Heart 3 for the xbox 360 and PS3 in the US. come on Aksys make it happen....I would pay $60 for the game.

Bebpo

Banned
rainking187 said:

I heard the port of the second one was one of the worst ports in history. I think we dodged a bullet on that one.

Kasumi1970 said:
what are you talking about? We did get BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift in the us. are you talking about Record of Agarest War? when did Record of Agarest War 2 come out in japan? i hope we get Arcana Heart 3 for the xbox 360 and PS3 in the US. come on Aksys make it happen....I would pay $60 for the game.

I figured it would be assumed I was talking about Arcana Heart 2 in an Arcana Heart thread.

Okay, now that it's confirmed North America won't get a physical release, any suggestions on where I should order the PAL PS3 version?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
NinajHeartless said:
So this game's PSN release is right around the corner!

Is anyone at all excited about it?

Or did everyone that wanted it import already?
That's pretty much the issue with releasing it only on PS3 here, although the price cut is definitely nice.

Hitokage said:
That's pretty much the issue with releasing it only on PS3 here, although the price cut is definitely nice.

That is a shame.

I really wanted to try this out.

Despite the character designs ranging from just unappealing to kinda disturbing and creepy, from what I have read the gameplay is really interesting and being able to learn a new game with GAFfers is a really appealing proposition.

Hopefully a few comrades will pick it up and I won't be all alone :3 (That is of course if I do end up picking it up)

dralla

sucks that there's no demo. with so many good games coming out i can't really buy it without getting to try it out. :[

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
NinajHeartless said:
That is a shame.

I really wanted to try this out.

Despite the character designs ranging from just unappealing to kinda disturbing and creepy, from what I have read the gameplay is really interesting and being able to learn a new game with GAFfers is a really appealing proposition.

Hopefully a few comrades will pick it up and I won't be all alone :3 (That is of course if I do end up picking it up)
I didn't mean that people won't be picking it up, just that it doesn't really expand the potential audience as much as it could.

And yeah, the game is heavy on the anime, but it goes for wacky instead of pervy. You'll need to do serious time experimenting with everyone, because the potential for shenanigans is massive in this game.

Hitokage said:
I didn't mean that people won't be picking it up, just that it doesn't really expand the potential audience as much as it could.

This is true.

I can understand not making boxed copies for such a niche product, but I don't really get why they seemingly didn't attempt to get this on both PSN and XBLA. Shit is baffling.

The ridiculous breasts and such kinda creeps the girlfriend out sadly (well...it kinda creeps me out too, not gonna lie) so I will have to play this on the DL :p

I am very interested in Zenia's playstyle. I assume she is very close combat oriented ja?

angelfly

NinajHeartless said:
This is true.

I can understand not making boxed copies for such a niche product, but I don't really get why they seemingly didn't attempt to get this on both PSN and XBLA. Shit is baffling.
Do we know for certain that they didn't try? It's certainly possible that they tried and it was rejected by MS.

angelfly said:
Do we know for certain that they didn't try? It's certainly possible that they tried and it was rejected by MS.

This is true, I apologize for assuming that they didn't make an attempt. I don't see why MS would reject it though...is too animu a valid reason?

NinajHeartless said:
This is true.

XBLA size limit.

Sure, there are Xbox Originals and Games on Demand that far exceed those limits, but one of the requirements for both of those subcategories of Xbox live Marketplace is they need to have been retail games at one point.

_dementia said:
XBLA size limit.

Sure, there are Xbox Originals and Games on Demand that far exceed those limits, but one of the requirements for both of those subcategories of Xbox live Marketplace is they need to have been retail games at one point.

Had no idea about this. :O

matmanx1

I'm fairly interested but at the same time Mortal Kombat is hitting this week and is also a fighting game that I want to play. There's only so much time I can devote to gaming and especially learning 2 new fighting games at once would be difficult. AH3 is unfortunately going to have to wait a few weeks. =(

danmaku

I played a bit of AH3 at an offline meeting last saturday, I could barely remember the specials of my characters but it was still a lot of fun. Disneyland attack FTW!

I hope to find some more players on XBL after the euro release, even if the biggest community will probably be on PSN.

SUPARSTARX

_dementia said:
Moe-tal Kombat!
rofls too many fighting games lately.

I had a 30 game session with my friend last night on MVC3 and my hands completely froze up and didn't remember what to push for my team (Wesker, Dorm, Sent). Even botched Sentinel comebacks about 8/10 times. All came back to me like near halfway through the set.

I'm gonna forget how to play MVC3 by the time I am done warming up with MK9 and AH3 this week.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shinriji said:
Saki is still top tier? Only played the first game and I will start with her in AH3 (if she has the same tools).
A local Saki player tells me all her bnbs are different, and there are many general changes like free homing. Also, AH3 tier lists mainly go A+, A, and then B, but some people add a short C tier.

Top Bottom