• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3 |OT| Thread of beating up moe moe girls

Edgeward

Floyd and I played this, really digging this. Liked the possibilities of just the characters themselves and the homing dash is real cool to have, need time to adjust to it though.

Netcode seems real good, played Floyd and his mexican internet and it held up very well save for one time near the end of our matches.

Definitely liked Aino and Clarice. Had no fucking clue how to use Petra or what her bullet meter is for or how to use it. Catherine is ridiculous, she takes up half the screen and her helicopter spin is awesome.

Let's get a chat room going for this. PSN Edgeward34
Friend me and I'll invite peeps into a room. Tomorrow.

Morris

Disco Devil
Hitokage said:
Meh, I will only be around in the afternoon and after midnight eastern time.

Screw it. Let's play right now.

I'll only play for 30 mins tho. I wanna see you moe trickz.

Solune

So, I'm not sure if this is applying to most other PSN users(I'm in Canada) but there seems to be no tax when purchasing some things on PSN. Crazymoogle confirmed no tax when buying FFIV Complete PSN version and I just bought AH3 now and no tax, so I would say perfect time to buy it!

vocab

Damn. I thought each user had their own Arcana? I went to training, and I could pick any I want. A lot of shit to keep track of + character match ups.

Edgeward

Tylahedras said:
If I buy the Asian version on a disc will I not be able to play this with people who got it on PSN?

You should be able to. It makes no difference what region or if it's DD or disc.

mollipen

Hitokage said:
Why the unnecessary arcana name changes?

That article says "Liselotte". Did they just screw up the name, or did Aksys actually change my favorite fighting game character name?

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
shidoshi said:
That article says "Liselotte". Did they just screw up the name, or did Aksys actually change my favorite fighting game character name?

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

That's a typo. The official name is Lieselotte. :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tylahedras said:
If I buy the Asian version on a disc will I not be able to play this with people who got it on PSN?
I just played some matches with Morro. I have the import disc and he's on the PSN version.

The netcode on this game is really good. Even with my crappy connection and Morro's internet being half-used, it was still really smooth most of the time.

Morris

Disco Devil
No kidding, this netcode is AMAZING. I remember playing with Hito on SF or Marvel and most of the time it was somehow laggy even though my internet wasn't being used, but here it went so smoothly...

GGs Hito. Looks like I picked two of the complicated characters, but I don't care, gonna stick with them. Now I gotta learn how to play first lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Morro! said:
GGs Hito. Looks like I picked two of the complicated characters, but I don't care, gonna stick with them. Now I gotta learn how to play first lol
Read up and experiment. Not much else to do but play around with every character and every arcana.

Oh, and learn to love the D button. Use it to move around, roman cancel, guard cancel, and follow people who get knocked into the air. Homing cancels are part of the reason why you get so much meter in this game.

danmaku

0 = worst connection
4 = best connection

Oh, and learn to love the D button. Use it to move around, roman cancel, guard cancel, and follow people who get knocked into the air. Homing cancels are part of the reason why you get so much meter in this game.

Once you get used to homing, you'll wish every fighting game had it.

Solune

Edgeward said:
Floyd and I played this, really digging this. Liked the possibilities of just the characters themselves and the homing dash is real cool to have, need time to adjust to it though.

Netcode seems real good, played Floyd and his mexican internet and it held up very well save for one time near the end of our matches.

Definitely liked Aino and Clarice. Had no fucking clue how to use Petra or what her bullet meter is for or how to use it. Catherine is ridiculous, she takes up half the screen and her helicopter spin is awesome.

Let's get a chat room going for this. PSN Edgeward34
Friend me and I'll invite peeps into a room. Tomorrow.
What time are you on around Edge? I get off work around 7pm PST. Let me know when you plan to start a room.

I wish I was playing with ya'll but for some reason my PS3 is having trouble connecting to PSN. It says it has an internet connection and such but just can't make contact with PSN at all ;_; gat dangit

xero273

NinajHeartless said:
I wish I was playing with ya'll but for some reason my PS3 is having trouble connecting to PSN. It says it has an internet connection and such but just can't make contact with PSN at all ;_; gat dangit

gives you a stupid error code or something? Just keep trying. For some reason it does that to me. Error code 87*****. I just keep trying to sign in until it works.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Edgeward said:
Some of Petra's specials require ammo, dependimg on the version you use. A versions use 1 shot, B versions use 2, and C versions use all 3. Do d, d and A, B, or C to reload one shot, or do d, d+A+B to spend a bar of meter to instantly get a full reload.

Cathy is a nice mix of Tron and Sentinel, including Sentinel's weakness to pressure. Tyr's aegis reflector is really tough to deal with too. Otherwise, it's GURUGURU ALL DAY.

Solune

mikeeb13 said:
game is in horrible need of some sort of tutorial, fun though
It does have quite a learning curve but, visit the Wiki. There's alot of good info like BnBs and stuff. Actually I'm reading it at work right now :lol. from the OP. http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page . Also watch youtube footage of which character you're interested in learning to find out how their combos look in motion.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah I'm going to need to check some tutorials. I played AH1 and had a lot of fun playing with local friends, but that was years ago and after picking this up yesterday and trying it I was like "uhhh, how do I play this again??" ^^;

Localization seems good. Major props to Aksys for leaving in the Japanese text option.

Dizzy-4U

Played it for an hour yesterday and so far I'm liking it. I haven't tried all the characters yet but the lady with the red cape (the one that uses all kicks) is the one I've using the most. As for arcanas, I found a plant one that is pretty decent, which grabs the opponent and drags them towards you.

I need to start using the homing though. Basically, I've been playing like if it was GG, dashing all over the place :/

Edit: Akane, that's the character.

Dambrosi

Banned
Good to hear the netcode is so good. Me, I got a deal for the Euro disc pre-order, so I'll wait it out till June when that comes out. Looking forward to it.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Bebpo said:
Yeah I'm going to need to check some tutorials. I played AH1 and had a lot of fun playing with local friends, but that was years ago and after picking this up yesterday and trying it I was like "uhhh, how do I play this again??" ^^;

Localization seems good. Major props to Aksys for leaving in the Japanese text option.

In case you guys need it :)

Arcana Heart 3 digital manual:

http://li.brari.us/ah3manual

And of course the helpful articles courtesy of our PR guy, James, and Siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/18/how-to-play-arcana-heart-3-part-1-choosing-a-character-arcana/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/19/how-to-play-arcana-heart-3-part-2-basic-movement/

And thank you for your kind words regarding the localization, Bebpo! :)

I'm glad people enjoy the option of both E & J text!

Solune

NinajHeartless said:
I have no idea what I am doing but if anyone wants to play shoot me a FR on PSN :)
Me and Edge are gonna be on in about an hour, add him and add me. Hito might be on later too.

PSN: Sollune

Morris

Disco Devil
Solune said:
Me and Edge are gonna be on in about an hour, add him and add me. Hito might be on later too.

PSN: Sollune

I'm on in a bit also.

Gonna hit the lab with Dorothy now.

Negator

Had some great matches with GAF. I'm glad that most of you all are at my skill level :lol

What do I do with these RP things I've gotten during battles online?

Edgeward

Negator said:
What do I do with these RP things I've gotten during battles online?

It's probably the same as BP in SF4, absolutely nothing. It just shows how much time you've spent playing a character.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Edgeward said:
It's probably the same as BP in SF4, absolutely nothing. It just shows how much time you've spent playing a character.
Actually, you unlock certain colors with RP, but not the ones you get as DLC.

Miragith said:
I might pick this up this weekend. But I probably shouldn't since I have finals next week.

I have finals too, but worth getting!

Went to go buy it this morning, but the PSN is down. ._.

Is anyone going to make a Google Doc for Arcana Heart 3 PSN ids or is it not worth it?

depths20XX

Tried to buy this last night but kept getting error 80023102 when I would try to add money on PSN. Restarted PS3 and now I can't even get to the PSN store. -_-

Hopefully tonight it works...

xero273

brettchalupa said:
I have finals too, but worth getting!

Went to go buy it this morning, but the PSN is down. ._.

Is anyone going to make a Google Doc for Arcana Heart 3 PSN ids or is it not worth it?

Send Edgeward a FR. He can send the ah3 chat room invite. That's how we can get games going on psn.

Top Bottom