• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Warming Glow: Pam May Have A Problem On This Week’s ‘Archer Vice’ (includes a bunch of GIFs)

iroyEG0M8D6DT.gif

bndadm

Man I thought this was one of the best episodes in a long time. Good momentum to the jokes and the ending where even Lana chuckled and caught herself I thought was a big character moment.

Also, god bless Ron.

"You had breakfast here?"

Carol/Cheryl has a wealth of information in her head. She just doesn't know how to use it productively. Money bought her the ability to be oblivious to anything that doesn't coincide with breath play. I think its interesting.

Also, slick haired Archer just ain't right.

Based on Adam Reed's comments and the way this season is going (I don't see them making a dime off this cocaine when all is said and done), I won't be surprised if Archer Vice only lasts a season.

I could see the show switching premises every year until it ends. And I'd be okay with that.
A season in prison, which Reed seems to be pondering, would be awesome.

- Warming Glow's recap of last night's episode

They're also hosting a Q&A with EP Matt Thompson in the comments. That will start at 1pm ET.
The Q&A is going on right now.

I thought this was cool:
Q: Have you seen the series Strike Back on Cinemax? I feel like it’s the closest we’ll ever come to seeing a live action Archer.

Matt Thompson: I have seen a little. Our Art Director Neal Holman is a BIG fan. I think he is being influenced by their action sequences.

Mazre

Rewatching the ep, completely missed the reference to Skorpio and Conway they made.

Speculation:
Wonder if there will be added significance to Archer's musing from last episode about things being like Scarface + the A-Team. We're clearly in Scarface mode but they're rapidly running through their cocaine without success, the A-Team angle would certainly play into them taking on mercenary jobs to make ends meet when they inevitably blow through their stash.

Jyester

Archer's tinnitus is probably my favorite running gag in any show ever. They use it so fucking brilliantly every time. :D

This is one of the few gags that made the episode worthwhile. We're only three episodes in, but the writing for this season seems lazier, and many jokes feel overused or obvious. So far, most of Malory's lines fall flat as well.

I was looking forward to the coke angle, but they're really wearing it out quickly. Hope the season takes a turn for the better.

They should be out of coke by mid season at this rate LOL

*Price is right jingle*

Shiroi Kabocha 白いかぼちゃ Woot.

Matt Thompson said:
I like the Conway character and we are always getting asked about him. We are going to have to do something just to stop the questions. I am emailing Adam now.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom