• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I thought you guys were exaggerating about Chozen but god damn that shit was pathetic and actually pretty offensive. 30 minutes of shallow gay jokes in 2014?

Good thing Archer is still awesome and this season looks fucking mindblowing from what we saw in the montage.

Divius

amphetamines.gif

Owari

New episode was kind of ... not good? I could have done without that 10 minute long preview ruining every surprise in the season. Probably the worst episode of Archer so far. Chozen was also pretty terrible.

Disappointing. Hopefully they didn't give too much away from Vice, but judging by that preview thing I've basically seen the whole season. It's like they only wanted to write half of an episode for the premiere. Lame.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
it wasn't 10 minutes it really didn't spoil any jokes and it only covers the next 7 episodes

bunch of drama queens

Basically plus it helped giving an idea for what is gonna happen for this season. Makes people want to stay that don't are scared of the switch of the show.

NastyBook

Seriously, calm down. 80% of the fun of Archer is the dialogue, which you barely heard. But if you don't want to watch it, you're not hurting anybody but yourself.

womp womp

Owari

Seriously, calm down. 80% of the fun of Archer is the dialogue, which you barely heard. But if you don't want to watch it, you're not hurting anybody but yourself.

womp womp

I wouldn't miss it. I'm just cheezed that they spoiled so much.

Scarecrow

Wow, I didn't realize the montage at the end was a 'preview' of the coming season. I think it'd work better as just a madcap montage.

BBboy20

As a huge fan of Breaking Bad and the first 2 seasons of Vice (aka "real" MV), this is possibly the best thing that could've happened to the show if they wanted to switch it up short of announcing a major movie franchise deal. These characters, on the road, with a ton of coke, and an 80s flair, with these writers.....It's like Christmas.
Ever since Aisha Taylor hosted Ubisoft's E3 conferences, all I can anticipate is Ubisoft making an Archer game or, at least, have Archer and perhaps the rest of the cast host those conferences.

Shahadan

Ever since Aisha Tyler hosted Ubisoft's E3 conferences, all I can anticipate is Ubisoft making an Archer game or, at least, have Archer and perhaps the rest of the cast host those conferences.

Funny, ever since Aisha Tyler hosted Ubisoft's E3 conferences, all I can anticipate is when she finally stops hosting them. :D

But yeah, an Archer game would be instabought. I wonder how well they could replicate the artstyle.

BBboy20

Funny, ever since Aisha Tyler hosted Ubisoft's E3 conferences, all I can anticipate is when she finally stops hosting them. :D

But yeah, an Archer game would be instabought. I wonder how well they could replicate the artstyle.
Perfectly if they make an adventure game.

arab

happy for the new season. honestly, i found myself growing tired of the typical "archer acting stupid in the intro then lana explaining exactly what the mission is whilst scolding archer" trope.

big ander

happy for the new season. honestly, i found myself growing tired of the typical "archer acting stupid in the intro then lana explaining exactly what the mission is whilst scolding archer" trope.

I hadn't gotten tired of it yet, but I have a feeling I would have in season 5 had they kept it. especially if Reed & thompson themselves were tired of it. the show would have suffered. I'm glad they so radically switched it up

Watching videos of Lucky Yates makes my brain hurt. It's so weird hearing Krieger's voice coming out of Ray's mouth.

I never realized how much Judy Greer really does sound like Cheryl./Carol. The voice acting, most of it is just more heightened than how the person normally sounds. When direct to, that's how it will be. Part of your personality remains and you have to use your voice to emote more since your physical actions will go unseen.

I know it's been mentioned a few times in the thread but archer season four is now on Canadian netflix if anyone can check American and UK netflix I'm sure it would be appreciated

Grinchy

Banned
Argh, so the montage at the end was actually a trailer for the rest of the season? How fucking obnoxious. :/

Yeah I kinda wish they didn't do that too. The ideas in the montage were awesome, and now none of it is going to be a surprise? That just seems like a weird choice, but it's not like it'll keep me from watching.

Are they oficially changing the name to Archer Vice?
It's listed as the subtitle on all the upcoming episodes. (e.g. tonight is "Archer: Archer Vice: A Kiss While Dying"). I'm not sure if this will be a permanent change or if it's something they'll stick with for the season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought the premiere was decent but not great. However, I'm floored by the fact that they're totally revamping the show into "Archer Vice". What a thrilling prospect.

Yeah I kinda wish they didn't do that too. The ideas in the montage were awesome, and now none of it is going to be a surprise? That just seems like a weird choice, but it's not like it'll keep me from watching.

Yeah, I really wish I hadn't seen the bits with the tiger and whatnot. Those would have been really fun surprises. :/

big ander

It definitely sucks that the season will have zero jokes or surprises that weren't in the teaser, I agree.

(it's been stated enough that it covers just the next 6 episodes, yeah?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom