• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol'd so hard at Archer apparently getting a pet tiger in the montage.

tiger91ein.gif

Mindlog

I've had Mulatto Butts stuck on my mind since it was posted.
Then I inevitably start hearing Daisy Dukes.

Had a chuckle when we muhpped after the intro scene, but before the characters did. The season shake-up sounds very promising and it's pretty neat to see a show address its premise so directly.

Trouble

Banned
yeah, I didn't know anything about this upcoming change. But it's a great idea, and fits nicely with the type of characters the show has. I did not think the montage was actually a long "hype" trailer for the rest of the season. I figured it was a creative explosion of wacky 80's movie parodies that Archer was having in his head, because that's something he'd do.

Skeptical on liking the new intro. I really like the opening theme to Archer.

I've seen someone, somewhere, mention that the "elephant in the room/Hidden Door" had been hinted at before, but no one knew what was back there. Is this true? Was there an episode to explain how they got that much coke?

fig,white,mens,ffffff.jpg

I'm guessing we get backfill this season to explain all the coke, plus who Malory had the dirt on to get the treason charges dropped.

Fantastic episode. Not sure how I feel about them moving away from ISIS, but it has lots of potential and the montage at the end was just amazing.

Did anyone watch Chozen? Any good?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm guessing we get backfill this season to explain all the coke, plus who Malory had the dirt on to get the treason charges dropped.

4 out of 9 of the Supreme Court Justices and the President!

This episode was funny. I imagine if I hadn't known about the spoilers it would've been better. Kreiger remains the funniest part of the show. "Yeah, I'm around."

BigAT

Fantastic episode. Not sure how I feel about them moving away from ISIS, but it has lots of potential and the montage at the end was just amazing.

I had it on in the background for about 5-10 minutes while waiting for the Archer encore to come on. It seemed kind of obnoxious.

Omega

Banned
I'm indifferent on them showing scenes from upcoming episodes. I understand most shows do this but that's why I avoid everything media wise. It's one of the reasons I barely come into these OTs

it's not like anyone watches Archer for it's story.

i thought it was terrible.

I'm indifferent on them showing scenes from upcoming episodes. I understand most shows do this but that's why I avoid everything media wise. It's one of the reasons I barely come into these OTs.
Regarding the montage, they did note in an interview today that it's only scenes from the first seven episodes of this season. Undoubtedly, there will be plenty of surprises both at the front and back ends of this season.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Regarding the montage, they did note in an interview today that it's only scenes from the first seven episodes of this season. Undoubtedly, there will be plenty of surprises both at the front and back ends of this season.

I still skipped it. I fucking hate flash forwards. Archer is 50 percent shock/surprise humor. Knowing shit ahead of time ruins the jokes. Like, somebody already mentioned skinny Pam. I mean, her showing up skinny out of nowhere would be fucking hilarious. But now. Okay, she's skinny. Now what.

(Archer goes back to banging her, obvs)

styl3s

Quite possibly the worst new show to come out in years.

Nothing about it was funny or interesting. I wanted to stop watching through out the entire episode but forced myself through it out of respect for FX. The first show on FX to really, really, really disappoint me.

I had it on in the background for about 5-10 minutes while waiting for the Archer encore to come on. It seemed kind of obnoxious.

i thought it was terrible.

It was pretty bad.

Quite possibly the worst new show to come out in years.

Nothing about it was funny or interesting. I wanted to stop watching through out the entire episode but forced myself through it out of respect for FX. The first show on FX to really, really, really disappoint me.

Thanks. That's really disappointing. Thought it might turn out to be somewhat decent...

Ah well, at least Archer's back.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

The coke was from a episode in season 4. Kriger has a shitload in the season finale while druming out to Rush.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wtf was with that montage at the end of the episode!

i saw the first ten seconds or so and shut the tv off.

terrible decision to go on a huge spoilerfest after the first episode

Red

wtf was with that montage at the end of the episode!

i saw the first ten seconds or so and shut the tv off.

terrible decision to go on a huge spoilerfest after the first episode

They're mixing things up. It was a teaser.

I thought the episode was great. Liked it more than anything out of stale season 4. Great start.

@BertranCooper
Episode is on iTunes.

Could not imagine a better way to reboot the series. Figuratively can't wait.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Any idea on who Malory would have called to get out of it?

big ander

The "the ending is a spoiler I shut it off!" thing is so funny to me. I usually think I'm pretty sensitive about spoilers but I can't imagine a bunch of out-of-context moments frustrating me. By that I mean that the best part of Archer is the jokes, and none of that was, say, giving away full punchlines. We saw small moments and half jokes, and it was all funny because it was so insanely packed and impossible to suss out in such a short timeframe.

Plus if you turn it off you miss Archer's incredible "Archer Vice" "what?" at the end.

Red

The "the ending is a spoiler I shut it off!" thing is so funny to me. I usually think I'm pretty sensitive about spoilers but I can't imagine a bunch of out-of-context moments frustrating me. By that I mean that the best part of Archer is the jokes, and none of that was, say, giving away full punchlines. We saw small moments and half jokes, and it was all funny because it was so insanely packed and impossible to suss out in such a short timeframe.

Plus if you turn it off you miss Archer's incredible "Archer Vice" "what?" at the end.
It's just an in-episode teaser. Instead of releasing info beforehand they decided to wait til the season started for the big reveal. I liked it. "Archer Vice" was a cool self aware moment.

It's like a magician pulling back the curtain.

Hopefully the new direction means they won't rely so much on tired jokes. Last season had too many callbacks. Yeah, they were funny the first time... But not the fourth or fifth. My fingers are crossed that Brett's death is a sign of things to come.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, those last 3-4 minutes were actual clips from this season and not just Archer's insane fantasy about the cocaine? Holy shit this is going to be amazing

That I'm not sure about. FWIW, the DirecTV Grid now lists it as "Archer: Archer Vice" which isn't confusing at all. Hopefully they'll talk about it a little during the FX TCA panel today.

At least the next three episodes (and obviously I assume more) are titled "Archer Vice:" (followed by a subtitle)

Linius

I managed to stay away from all spoilers and news before this episode so this new direction caught me by surprise. This gonna be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom