• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archie Meets Predator Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

635484098377420002-Archie-Predator.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger first fought the Predator. And now, of all pop-culture heroes, so does Archie Andrews.

Dark Horse Comics and Archie Comics are combining two popular franchises for Archie Meets Predator, a four-issue series coming in spring 2015 by writer Alex de Campi (Grindhouse) that puts Archie and the gang in the alien hunter's sights while they're on spring break in Costa Rica.

The beach vacation comes unexpectedly after Jughead wins a prize from a lucky bag of chips, and Betty and Veronica make the most of the sunny weather by competing in a "best-dressed" contest.

"After Betty is revealed to be borrowing Cheryl Blossom's clothes to compete, she and Veronica have a fight and she tearfully runs off into the jungle where, let's say, she isn't alone," de Campi says.

Everybody does end up back in Riverdale, she adds, "as do those big trunks of clothes that Veronica brought. Trunks so big, you could hide a Predator in them. Her Vuitton will never quite smell the same again."

More at the link
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...meets-predator-comic-book-exclusive/16954799/

Pretty cool if you ask me. Hope it lives up to the Punisher and Archie crossover.

Can someone tell me what the people over at Archie have been taking these past couple of years and where I can get some?

Yup, different timeline.

Archie Comics basically just do whatever they want now it seems
And it's working out marvelously for them.

Could have sworn there was an archie where they accidentally summoned cthullu and shit.
Not quite, but close.
Afterlife with Archie revealed that Sabrina's ultimate fate is the bride of Cthulhu.

Also, in this week's debut issue of Sabrina (which takes place in yet another timeline)
Betty and Veronica are amateur witches who summon a succubus and then things go awry.

studyguy

Yup, different timeline.

Archie Comics basically just do whatever they want now it seems

Sounds like every comic ever basically.
That's cool though. Seems weird that they have all this crazy stuff next to what seems like a run of the mill suburban town.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so how does the rock-paper-scissors thing work on this one?

The Punisher beats Predator who beats Archie who beats the Punisher?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
The most surprising thing about this to me is that Archie has a last name. I had no idea.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wait. They killed off Archie. But now it's just another timeline? Timeline? In Archie? Predator? What?

0.jpg

STAY OUT OF RIVERDALE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom