• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

army of two 3: mexico unofficial |OT| thread

micster

The biggest question for me is: Does Army of Two III have an online pass that is needed for online coop?
Yes, but you get a two day trial which is probably enough to play through it with someone online.

I previewed it at EA this week and have a video preview, if anyones interested. Wouldnt post without asking as I know you're not meant to pimp your own stuff.

The real battle in The Devils Cartel is ridiculous screen tearing in basically every single shot

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Playing this right now. I think it's kinda fun but has awful production values.

Edit: You can install the HD pack on 360.

Apo

Ah, only played the first one so I didn't knew... Just watched the ending on YouTube and geez that sacked so hard I could barely watch. Really lame '' consequences '' system and th ending must have felt soooo unsatisfying for the player. Can't imagine why they would make such a stupid move and shoot themselves in the foot.

As far as I remember you could make choices that had absolutely no consequences at all. And there was almost no story. I played it with a buddy and until the end we were asking ourselves what is happening and why is everything falling apart. EA really dropped the ball with the second game. Could have been a solid franchise.

Yes, but you get a two day trial which is probably enough to play through it with someone online.

I previewed it at EA this week and have a video preview, if anyones interested. Wouldnt post without asking as I know you're not meant to pimp your own stuff.

Does this two day trial start as soon as you start to play the game or when you go online for the first time?

The real battle in The Devils Cartel is ridiculous screen tearing in basically every single shot
You can link your preview. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Have other Frostbite games had tearing issues?

codecow

I think you've got your cities mixed up.

Anyway, am I the only one disappointed that they still refuse to add stuffing tampons into bullet wounds to stop bleeding?

Haha I played the first game when it still had that, it was awful.

apesh1t

Banned
I was going to make a thread called "Army of 2 3, is anyone going to buy this for 60 dollars?"

I bought the first one at 20 bucks a long time ago, and played through it on single player. It was functional but definitely needs a second human player. It was pretty average even then, and it spawned 2 more sequels?

I played the demo for the third and it's just old. Everything about it feels old. The cover system, the gameplay, the graphics, there's very little originality to it. When would EA even bother with this so late in the console generation?

As far as the graphics go, I didn't see anything wrong with them. I always found the Frostbite engine to be a little jaggy, but the lighting was decent.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
wow, this game has it ALL

-the game called me a girl three times in the demo
-turret sequence
-brown people
-tribal tattoos
-Slant Six aesthetic
-XP/point system
-heavies

Where do I sign up

MormaPope

Banned

-turret sequence
-brown people
-tribal tattoos
-Slant Six aesthetic
-XP/point system
-heavies

Where do I sign up

You have to fist pump your computer or console until the game automatically boots up, after that you need to get alcohol poisoning because of March Madness, the game will then give you the best AI partner possible because you have shown you are bro enough to save Mexico.

Rolf NB

Has anyone tried the demo out? Just how bad is it?
It's everything that's wrong with forced co-op plus everything that's wrong with casual shooter pap. And nothing else. The demo's definitely worth playing though. Just to get a reading on what publishers think about the gaming populace.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Oh so there's no restrictions or anything like that within the trial itself ?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

-turret sequence
-brown people
-tribal tattoos
-Slant Six aesthetic
-XP/point system
-heavies

Where do I sign up

don't forget, badass one elbow pad!

micster

Does this two day trial start as soon as you start to play the game or when you go online for the first time?

When you go into the single player section of the menu it'll ask, even if you want to play offline.

This is my preview, for those who wanted to see. Not meant to be overwhelmingly positive or negative, just a bit of an overview. Got a review copy on the way though, so then will be able to talk about the levels I played but cant discuss yet which is when some serious shit goes down. Story or Gameplaywise though?

Adam Blue

aegies: in case you were curious, we will not have an army of two: the devil's cartel review up tomorrow, because we haven't received it.

EA hasn't given them the pre-written review yet. They should just review a copy they get at the store.

Qwell

Have they said whether a PC version will be available in the future?
I actually sent a tweet to the official twitter asking but they basically just said to just get it on console and then asked why i wouldnt want to play it on console. I mentioned how poorly the demo ran but they just said they would open a ticket about it.

I do hope they release a pc version, had fun with the first 2 but i want to play it at 1080p with a decent frame rate.

smik

Loved Army of two the 40th day but this isnt even on the same level, WTF have they done to Rios and Salem, Salem voice and character model is just wrong and its got a way more serious tone, the player dialog and execution is plain bad, it lost all its funny, over the top mojo.

Watched a couple of playthroughs, yeh this will be getting 5/10's easily

Very repetitve

nashb81

Neo Member
I actually sent a tweet to the official twitter asking but they basically just said to just get it on console and then asked why i wouldnt want to play it on console. I mentioned how poorly the demo ran but they just said they would open a ticket about it.

I do hope they release a pc version, had fun with the first 2 but i want to play it at 1080p with a decent frame rate.

Have they said whether a PC version will be available in the future?

The Ao2 games have never come to the PC, and I highly doubt this one will either. Also where are all the reviews?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Demo was fun, but I liked the previous two games a lot.

Loved Army of two the 40th day but this isnt even on the same level, WTF have they done to Rios and Salem, Salem voice and character model is just wrong and its got a way more serious tone, the player dialog and execution is plain bad, it lost all its funny, over the top mojo.

Watched a couple of playthroughs, yeh this will be getting 5/10's easily

Very repetitve

You don't play as Rios or Salem. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

codecow

If you by chance still had a build of that around, it'd make my day to swing by the 4th floor and see it in action just once.

Those disks got thrown in the wood chipper a long time ago but I bet they can be ordered from WBTS, if you haven't done it I can show you how to.

MjFrancis

Also where are all the reviews?
I don't suppose much of anyone bothered reviewing it.

This completely flew under my radar. Didn't even hear about it until two weeks ago. Same with Gears of War: Judgment. I dig the previous games in the series - the first one is real rough around the edges but still enjoyable enough and the second is an awesome Gears of War clone. Still, EA's marketing hard at work, I had no idea this was a thing until recently.

If you have a TPS that's really a stone's throw away from Gears - why do you release your game a week after the game you're aping? I'm still getting my TPS fix from Judgment. This thing was sent to die.

antitrop

I'm not going to lie, I liked Army of Two and Army of Two Two more than probably everyone here except for blame space.

But this third game is an abomination, I'm not even going to rent it. Not even to play upthe shoootbang with friendsd.

parazen

Neo Member
I don't like how they're trivializing a real event, with real political consequences. I think they should put it on mars.

I'm not going to lie, I liked Army of Two and Army of Two Two more than probably everyone here except for blame space.

But this third game is an abomination, I'm not even going to rent it.
The first one made for some great co-op at the highest difficulty level, and between that game and Left 4 Dead me and my co-op friends have an almost psychic bond.

Army of Two II had some interesting ideas, with the choices you could make, and the almost gunsmith level of modifications and bling for the guns, but for some reason we never finished it. Probably because other games took the co-op torch and ran with it.

But this game... I don't get it. It looks archaic.

Top Bottom