• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

army of two 3: mexico unofficial |OT| thread

Just picked my copy up. Going in blind other then seeing the launch trailer and knowing its not the main guys from the first two games. I have a co-op buddy who has played these with me from the start so :D Hoping I have a more exciting time with the campaign then I did with Gears Judgement. Man that was so dissapointing.

izt_is

Banned
Just picked my copy up. Going in blind other then seeing the launch trailer and knowing its not the main guys from the first two games. I have a co-op buddy who has played these with me from the start so :D Hoping I have a more exciting time with the campaign then I did with Gears Judgement. Man that was so dissapointing.

This game has been released? I haven't even heard any news since the debut trailer. Shocked.

But seeing the direction they took away from the very first game (which was so awesome)...I'm so disappointed. EA WHY?!!

This game has been released? I haven't even heard any news since the debut trailer. Shocked.

But seeing the direction they took away from the very first game (which was so awesome)...I'm so disappointed. EA WHY?!!

Yeah got it last night with my uber Bioshock edition.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I've a coop buddy who I've played the first two with so we're renting this and trying to finish it within the trial online period :p The 40th Day was pretty fucking awful though, we spent most of the time taking the piss out of the game, so this would have to actually try to be worse than it.

MjFrancis

Anyone who doesn't like Blood in the Sand is no friend of mine.
It's just amazing that they made such a stupid concept work in their game and make it so much fun to play. I don't dig it as much as Army of Two Two but it didn't make any significant missteps, either. Well executed.

U2NUMB

Played the first two with my bro and enjoyed it for what it was, good co op action. We both enjoyed the demo for the third so are picking it up. As long as it provides good co op action I am all for it. Sadly Bioshock has my attention today however.

Loxley

You know, I kind of enjoyed the demo. The gameplay seems solid outside of the enemies being morons, and I liked that your AI partner is actually pretty damn aggressive and helpful.

Tagg9

I have never heard of this site, but they absolutely loved the game. EA sending out checks?

4.5 / 5
http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/army-two-devils-cartel-review-co-op-served-perfection-1903058/

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel genuinely delivers everything gamers seek in a co-op experience. The action never slows down and the cartel never lets up.

Graphics are amazing as the engine switched over from Unreal Engine 3 to the new Frostbite 2, recently used in EA’s Need for Speed: The Run, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Battlefield 3.

If a great co-op title is what you’re looking for, you’ve found it; with A.I., fluid mechanics and an awesome story to back it up. The Devil’s Cartel is easily one of the best games to release this year. Visceral Games has truly raised the bar on how to create a lasting impression.

this game is tight. my gun is fuckin ridiculous. i don't think you can fist bump anymore tho.. and i can't figure out how to play as Big Boi.

i guess i can always play it through again. after one of the missions, while me and my bro were leveling up and all that, we just heard these two dudes talking in spanish. i don't speak a lot of spanish, but it didn't seem related to the game at all. no new characters were introduced before the checkpoint or anything like that. they were arguing with each other while the level-up bonuses were being displayed on the dark screen. it eventually escalated to them screaming at each other in spanish and we were absolutely losing our shit by the end of it. i don't know if it was a bug or what but it was fuckin classic.

U2NUMB

Had some fun playing this co-op but captured this hilarious floating/shooting head glitch! :D

Ha had the same problem last night playing co op with my bro but I could not see it to record but he snapped a pic of what he was seeing. The game is fun but so very unpolished. And have you ever seen a game load up with so few splash screens? EA gave zero credit to anyone it seems.

I still think for co op this game is a fantastic ride but asking 60 bucks for the content in this game is really pushing it this time around.

headglitch.jpg

Got my copy yesterday and so far it's on par with what I expected. This equates to me actually loving the game. The Army of Two series has been a guilty pleasure of mine since I "blinged" out a gun in the first one.

I wasn't sure if GAF had heard, or realized, but you can blow heads and other limbs clean off. Can't wait to jump back into it today after work.

Why are people saying people are getting paid because someone gave it a good review? This is a great co-op game. It does co-op really well.

I just put two laser sights on one gun.

That's another thing this game does well. The customization in this game is insane.

You can't even have more than three attachments in COD.

This game is def on par with the other two games. While I think it might possible be the best, it also feels the least polished if memory is serving me correctly. Still... for dude bro action movie fest like experiences, Army of Two is still the king. :p

Love the destruction in this one as well. Also I know they said this one was going "serious" but the funny dialog and banter is still there. :D

Yeah,I was laughing hard. Sadly my buddy couldn't see it. Hoenstly though, me and him are enjoying this games campaign more then Gears of War Judgement. We were really dissapointed with that one :(

Gears of War isn't really an interesting co-op game, it's just there. Is there still fist bumping and other funny commands in there? Back-to-back, etc?

MajorPain

Picked this game up yesterday I am glad I received a $20 credit with it. The game is a lot of fun but does have some issues. I really like that they used the frostbite 2 engine it is a lot of fun blowing up the environment.

Produce

Seems like online pass code for the Overkill Edition [PS3] doesn't work for us Australians at the moment.

Goddamn it EA.

[Edit] Seems to work now go figure.

Anyway, after playing for a couple of hours I am enjoying it. Great mindless shooter for an evening with mates and beers.

There are some questions I have about this game. I can't seam to put any attachments on my sidearm. The other thing is when I at scopes to my assault rifles I can't figure out how to look through them.

Maybe I'm missing something, anyone else notice this?

micster

Finished it earlier on. Such an anti climactic ending which basically all alludes to 'We'll deal with all this in the next game, folks'

Marleyman

Banned
This is sounding good; I wish I could convince another buddy to grab this. Some of the hate for this game without even playing it is ridiculous.

nbthedude

Played the first two with my bro and enjoyed it for what it was, good co op action. We both enjoyed the demo for the third so are picking it up. As long as it provides good co op action I am all for it. Sadly Bioshock has my attention today however.

I never thought I'd hear someone express regret that they are playing Bioshock rather than Army of Two.

nbthedude

Finished it earlier on. Such an anti climactic ending which basically all alludes to 'We'll deal with all this in the next game, folks'

Which is a clear "Oh God, EA master lords, please fund another game." To which EA responded with an authoritative "No."

MajorPain

There are some questions I have about this game. I can't seam to put any attachments on my sidearm. The other thing is when I at scopes to my assault rifles I can't figure out how to look through them.

Maybe I'm missing something, anyone else notice this?

There are no attachments for the sidearm.

The assualt rifle when you add holographic site it does not actually let you look through the site it only increases the accuracy of your weapon but if you add a ACOG scope you will actually look through the scope when you pull the left trigger on the 360 controller.

There are no attachments for the sidearm.

Well that sucks...

The assualt rifle when you add holographic site it does not actually let you look through the site it only increases the accuracy of your weapon but if you add a ACOG scope you will actually look through the scope when you pull the left trigger on the 360 controller.

Okay, that makes sense, I haven't tried the ACOG yet. I'll give it a go tonight.

I knew I could remember an attachment letting you look down sites in one of the previous titles. I thought pistols had attachments in once of those games too.

Take a look at the pistol selection screen and down at the bottom it says attachments, it's just strange.

Gears of War isn't really an interesting co-op game, it's just there. Is there still fist bumping and other funny commands in there? Back-to-back, etc?

Sadly no, though the humor is still there. You now basically build up a rage meter and once it's filled you go all out unlimited ammo, invisible and your bullets do way more damamge to the enviroments. Pretty fun actually. The agro meter is no longer in the game as well but you can still agro enemies towards you while the other can get around.

yeah no back to back is a real bummer. and no fist bump.. don't get me started. me and my bro were literally taken-aback.. a few times.. trying to figure out how to bump fists in this game.

my gun is out of control.. i should have taken a picture of it for the thread. i've played at least 4 hours so far.

Top Bottom