• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned
That was a very nice moment from Robert.

Interesting that we'd also supposed to have
Queen Moira
back in some capacity too. Maybe S1 flashbacks?

ZeroX03

Banned
What if they turn out to be brothers

tFMDtM35rm4V2.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Great episode. I love that the whole tuberculous plan would have been another villain's endgame.

But not Chase. Easily top 3 best Arrowverse villains.

Adrian Chase is in my top 5 TV villains ever. I get a Christian Bale kind of vibe from him.

But does Rene actually serve any purpose on this show? I feel like he's become the most useless member of the team by far.

jb1234

This was okay. Didn't really hold my attention outside of the smaller Dog and Thea stories, though. I guess I was expecting more tight pacing this close to the finale.

(Still better than last week's agony.)

Adrian Chase is in my top 5 TV villains ever. I get a Christian Bale kind of vibe from him.

But does Rene actually serve any purpose on this show? I feel like he's become the most useless member of the team by far.

Been calling him bootleg Bale ever since he first spoke in this show. It really adds to his performance. I dunno about top 5 tv villains ever but he's definitely the best CW villain

rackham

Banned
Chase is not a good a villain just because he's shown doing stuff.

The actor is good, sure.

Chase is shown doing stuff, but not HOW he does anything. Very poor writing. They don't have to show us everything but SOMETHING would be nice. How did he find Oliver's kid if he's so well hidden? How did he fuck with the hideout so easily? How does he do anything? He might as well be a villain called Magic Man.

jb1234

Chase is not a good a villain just because he's shown doing stuff.

The actor is good, sure.

Chase is shown doing stuff, but not HOW he does anything. Very poor writing. They don't have to show us everything but SOMETHING would be nice. How did he find Oliver's kid if he's so well hidden? How did he fuck with the hideout so easily? How does he do anything? He might as well be a villain called Magic Man.

Yeah, they've overpowered him. It's made him a lot less interesting to me because he's always one step ahead of Oliver but it's never made entirely clear how he's able to accomplish this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This episode didn't do it for me. Kovar popping up on the island was a bit too much. Aside from Rene and Lance's scenes, I didn't really care for the present day stuff either. The cement trap just felt like a way to artificially pump up the episode so something interesting could happen in the 1st act. Some of the Thea beats were alright, but...I don't know, kinda been down this road before. And the return of Oliver's Green Arrow persona felt subdued. Thought they were saving that for a big moment in the finale.

Top Bottom