• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Platy

Those finale teams seems ... unbalanced

Unless
Talia
is way more overpower than the series has leading us to believe, it is
one main villain, oliver who basicaly is 1 to 1 to prometheus in a hand to hand fight, Nyssa who could weep the floor with artemis and a free boomerang

ZeroX03

Banned

Unless
Talia
one main villain, oliver who basicaly is 1 to 1 to prometheus in a hand to hand fight, Nyssa who could weep the floor with artemis and a free boomerang

Prometheus has prep time and constant surprise. That's his advantage. It's unlikely to be a straight up fight until the very end.

What are the match-ups?

Oliver vs Prometheus - obviously this will go to Ollie in the end

Nyssa vs Talia - I think Nyssa will take this, too, but Talia had been shown to be more formidable

Deathstroke vs Black Siren - Seems like a mismatch to pit Slade against Evelyn, and I think this will go to Siren, since she's a regular next season and Slade isn't

Boomerang vs Artemis - I don't see Evelyn taking this one

And then there are Merlyn and the team. What'll they be doing?

ZeroX03

Banned
And then there are Merlyn and the team. What'll they be doing?

I suspect
Oliver won't have the team. Looks like Prometheus will be going on a kidnapping spree to keep people distracted (William, Wild Pup, Thea maybe). He's also smart enough to take out someone like Diggle who would otherwise always have Oliver's back. Plus you know, it's on the other side of the world.

Corpekata

Banned

Unless
Talia

I'd bet on at least one or two defections personally.

velociraptor

This episode was boring, and this Felicity / Oliver thing has been overplayed to death.

I don't complain much about TV shows (I tend to enjoy them for what they are, and I cannot digest my lunch or dinner without a show in front of me!) but it's such a shame that Arrow lacks any kind of consistency (just like the Flash!)

S5 started out strongly but the last few episodes really have been lacklustre.

This episode was boring, and this Felicity / Oliver thing has been overplayed to death.

I don't complain much about TV shows (I tend to enjoy them for what they are, and I cannot digest my lunch or dinner without a show in front of me!) but it's such a shame that Arrow lacks any kind of consistency (just like the Flash!)

Last few ep were not bad but this season has been rather consistent .
Which hard to do when your a TV show and have 23 eps.

Season 5 was the best Arrow had been in years.

18 for 18 with episodes ranging from good to great to downright awesome.

It was on track to indisputably being the best season of the show.

Then the last two episodes Felicity shit the bed.

I think this season is still on track to be the best so far, but Felicity just sucks. She's an awful, awful character and I wish she was either killed off or that the Olicity thing got put to bed forever.

ZeroX03

Banned

Very, very few shows managed to have 20+ great episodes a season. That's a ridiculous ask. And there's four weak episodes in the season (#12, #14, #19, #20), and they're still better than almost any episode in S3 or S4. This is the single most consistent season of any Arrowverse show yet. Even Flash S1 had more filler than this.

Makonero

Last couple of episodes were fine,if you're not the kind of lunatic that experiences physical pain at the sight of Felicity.

exactly. i guess people just migrated their hatred for laurel on to her. bizarre.

so far, not a bad ep in the bunch. definitely the best season of arrow if they can stick the landing.

Joni

I can see people not liking 19 but 20 was good. Addressed issues from last season, gave legit character growth, and did something original. Can't do a bottle episode on a hero show often.

ZeroX03

Banned
I am excited to have
Katie Cassidy coming back to Arrow (on May 17), Black Siren is a badass villain
. What can we expect?

You can expect… badass villainy. “She comes back as part of Chase’s plan,” says co-showrunner Wendy Mericle. ” Chase knows exactly what he’s doing, and he understands how unsettling seeing somebody that looks like Laurel Lance is going to be for the rest of the team,” her “dad” Quentin included. “And from a writing perspective, it’s just fun storytelling. Katie Cassidy does an amazing job as Black Siren, and seeing her take on Dinah, or her take on Lance, is going to be fun.”

This will be the first Arrow season finale that does not take place in Starling City. Can we expect the same kind of intense fights, or will this be more of an emotional showdown?
“Both,” answers Wendy Mericle. “One of the fun parts of having Prometheus and Oliver going toe-to-toe this season has been they’re both really great fighters, but by the same token, Prometheus is a tremendous psychological villain and he’s going to hit Oliver right where it hurts. That’s going to be a double whammy for him in the finale.”

Not much that we couldn't already intuit from the sizzle. Via TVLine.

I can see people not liking 19 but 20 was good. Addressed issues from last season, gave legit character growth, and did something original. Can't do a bottle episode on a hero show often.

I loved 20 tbh. Even though a lot of the oliver lines to felicity feel redundant at this point. Feels like he says that stuff about trust every season lol

19 was kinda eh tho. But I still liked it more than the gun control episode which, aside from seeing more of wild dog, felt hilariously inept and out of its element in what it was trying to tackle

Overall this season is the most consistent any dcw show has been imo.

ZeroX03

Banned
TONIGHT! Oliver and Adrian put their differences aside, break bread and...

#5.21 "Honor Thy Fathers"
Episode Promo
CHASE CONTINUES TO TORMENT OLIVER - Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns to the mayor's office and faces one of his most pressing issues yet - the forced release of dozens of violent criminals and thousands of weed dealers prosecuted by Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra). Meanwhile, a crate is delivered to Oliver's office containing a mysterious corpse encased in concrete. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Sarah Tarkoff.

ar521a-0133b-994602.jpg

T Dollarz

Being hype for Arrow again has been so rewarding. It had been too long. These last couple episodes are gonna be fucking great

Like, they even nailed the tone of that Olicity episode last week. It was handled so much better than the last two seasons.

Top Bottom