• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
1622609_519836548136298_170616852_n.jpg

I'd like it if Nightwing were to show up sometime later in the show. Perhaps in Blood Haven where Dead Shot was in before from last season.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
That would be a smart move by WB/DC, acknowledging this universe as part of the DCCU is a win-win for everyone involved.

TS-08

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she only started looking into Blood because of Roy and Sin's friend who had died. I remember they did some investigating about the blood drives and then brought it to Laurel's attention. I don't recall her having some brilliant moment of intuition on her own.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Smart money says DC has no fucking idea about what to do with its cinematic universe, so they are throwing everything out there in hopes to see what sticks. I wouldn't get my hopes high if I were Amell.

Joni

Smart money says DC has no fucking idea about what to do with its cinematic universe, so they are throwing everything out there in hopes to see what sticks. I wouldn't get my hopes high if I were Amell.
At one point they'll have to realize the guys behind Arrow/Flash are the only ones that have their shit together when it comes to DC live action stuff at the moment.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Amell admits to having "studio level" talks about Justice League.

source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=93273

Discussions are slower than we think.

I wouldn't be surprised if they connect the film and TV universes, to be honest. Amell has been dropping these subtle hints in many interviews and on his twitter recently. Also, I think Geoff Johns (DC COO) has always been a fan of the TV stuff (even before Arrow with stuff like with Smallville), and Tom Welling was supposedly up for Clark Kent when Brett Ratner was attached to Superman Returns. And Arrow is leagues better than Smallville, and the critical response it's been receiving shows it, how many articles have we had from journalists comparing Arrow to SHIELD? DC can't be turning a blind eye to how acclaimed their TV show is compared to its Marvel counterpart.

The only question is once these TV actors get a taste of the big screen money and fame... what's to keep them on the CW lol? Why would Amell work for 100kish an Arrow episode when he could pocket millions from films (especially if his demand rises as a result of a JL film).

Anyhow guess this is all speculation and moot at this point.

Wiktor

At one point they'll have to realize the guys behind Arrow/Flash are the only ones that have their shit together when it comes to DC live action stuff at the moment.

I think DC might be getting their shit together pretty well, just not in the big tentpole category. Aside from Arrow/Flash I expect Constantine to be at least good and there's hope that Gotham might turn out good too. Plus DC is supposed to be making bunch of lower budgeted (like 30-40 mlns) movies about lesser known characters, which seems to make much more sense than trying to turn every IP into big budgeted spectacle.

SystemBug

And the studio level discussion thing is fake apparantly.

Yep amell is pissed - from his facebook

Something I need to get off of my chest.

When I do press, I try and be open, honest and thoughtful. That being said... I find it incredibly discouraging to see a headline like the ones I've been seeing this morning. Headlines that aren't just a stretch, they're totally fabricated. At no point, have I had "studio level" discussions about any feature films at Warner Bros.

In this particular instance, when I read articles that take a pretty straightforward answer and slap a title on it that has little to no correlation to what I've actually said, it makes it seem as though I'm disrespecting my current position. Which is bullshit. And why would I do that? I mean... I'm not the smartest dude in the world. (After all... I picked a career in acting.) But would I really just casually subvert a process cloaked in secrecy? A process - by the way - being run by the company who currently employs me. C'MON!

We're making a kick ass show. We will continue to make a kick ass show. And I will continue to interact and provide interesting content for our fans. Because I love our fans. If every once and a while, some dickweed wants to pull a headline out of thin air to generate page views, then that's the price we pay.

The only question is once these TV actors get a taste of the big screen money and fame... what's to keep them on the CW lol? Why would Amell work for 100kish an Arrow episode when he could pocket millions from films (especially if his demand rises as a result of a JL film).

I'm guessing that's what a multi-season/multi-picture contract would be for.

gotta get those in place before fame inflates those egos.

Isn't a steady TV gig considered more lucrative for an Actor though? I mean just because someone becomes a star in a movie doesn't mean they'll suddenly have the ability to make 20 million a picture from that point on. Meanwhile a steady TV slot means gauranteed cash per episode as long as the show is on the air and a lot of main characters seem to get production credit on their shows after so many years as well.

DaveH

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/567498826668722
Amell via Facebook said:
Something I need to get off of my chest.

When I do press, I try and be open, honest and thoughtful. That being said... I find it incredibly discouraging to see a headline like the ones I've been seeing this morning. Headlines that aren't just a stretch, they're totally fabricated. At no point, have I had "studio level" discussions about any feature films at Warner Bros.

In this particular instance, when I read articles that take a pretty straightforward answer and slap a title on it that has little to no correlation to what I've actually said, it makes it seem as though I'm disrespecting my current position. Which is bullshit. And why would I do that? I mean... I'm not the smartest dude in the world. (After all... I picked a career in acting.) But would I really just casually subvert a process cloaked in secrecy? A process - by the way - being run by the company who currently employs me. C'MON!

We're making a kick ass show. We will continue to make a kick ass show. And I will continue to interact and provide interesting content for our fans. Because I love our fans. If every once and a while, some dickweed wants to pull a headline out of thin air to generate page views, then that's the price we pay.

Van Owen

Banned
Isn't a steady TV gig considered more lucrative for an Actor though? I mean just because someone becomes a star in a movie doesn't mean they'll suddenly have the ability to make 20 million a picture from that point on. Meanwhile a steady TV slot means gauranteed cash per episode as long as the show is on the air and a lot of main characters seem to get production credit on their shows after so many years as well.

lol it's the CW.

Van Owen

Banned
Which is owned by CBS and Warner Bros. Being The CW means something when talking about demographics and ratings. It doesn't mean the actors don't get paid decent wages.

How much do you expect actors to get paid on shows with mediocre ratings?

Shows on the major networks are much better off.

How much do you expect actors to get paid on shows with mediocre ratings?

Shows on the major networks are much better off.

Mediocre compared to Major Networks, but above average for The CW. They're not getting pennies on the dollar or actors wouldn't stick around.They're not reality show stars. A lot of The CW's shows also do well internationally. Guys like Jensen and Padelecki from Supernatural surely aren't making Friends cast money but I'm pretty positive they're not hurting in the least and that they're getting paid more now then they were in the first few seasons of Supernatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom