• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original masks had both eye holes.
I was talking comics which I don't recall ever getting an in continuity reason.

Man that old Teen Titan cartoon used to do some cool stuff with Slade's silhouette though
264372_194268933954791_2380813_n.jpg

Guys, I just spent my night watching the first 9 episodes of season 2 consecutively. I was already up to date on the show, mind you. Why is it so fucking good!?

Wiktor

I think the low tv budget is actually working in costume's favor, as the stuff we've seen in Arrow always looks functional, which is rare in movies, where they tend to go way overboard. Stupid armored Batmans being one of the examples.

santi_yo

Folks, the Katie Cassidy sniping continues to be aggressively mean-spirited and derail the thread. There's plenty of other things to talk about with respect to Arrow, so let's move on and discuss something else. Thanks.
The gif I made was only what imo is a good depiction of what's going on in this thread. I actually like Cassidy's acting. Now I feel bad.

tumblr_milg1eAgVA1qhjjceo6_250.gif

I think the low tv budget is actually working in costume's favor, as the stuff we've seen in Arrow always looks functional, which is rare in movies, where they tend to go way overboard. Stupid armored Batmans being one of the examples.

This. It always bothered me in Nolan's trilogy. I didn't like that bulky armored high-tech suit. The trilogy was about presenting Batman in a realistic way and a more agile Batman would be more feasible in that real life setting. That's why I love the Arkham games suit.

Definitely went over board with the chin stuff but that's not bullying. Hoping that with their addressing how Laurel looks KC was going "method" and everything will be fine as the character cleans up. If that's the case, props to her.

I disagree Chloe was by far my favorite character in Smallville

I liked her too until around season nine and her appearances in season ten. They got way too carried away with making the character "shine". Though to be fair that's just barely one of their lesser sins, especially with the overall disaster that was season 10 for me.

Am I the only one who thought it was Tommy when they pulled the mask off Blood, and then it was going to morph into a hallucination by Laurel?

I thought that too and it was meant to be some mind fuck for Laurel, well other than it not being Blood.

It is pretty lame and unrealistic how all the other evidence of Blood's involvement was just swept under the rug. Going to be interesting to see how that comes back to bite them but Oliver and everyone in the "Arrow Cave" should be smarter than this.

strafer

I watched the show with some friends last night who hadn't seen it..and when we got to season 2 they said, what's up with her chin.

I facepalmed in real life.

Wiktor

Thinking about costumes more, this is a beauty of telling superhero story in tv instead of movies. Would current Arrow's costume be recieved as well if we didn't see him start with that paint and stick to it for whole season before getting a mask? Would Deathstroke's current badass get-up be as effective if we didn't see milder version in the island so many times before? Doubt it

Heck, could movie Deathstrone be this awesone character without spending a year with good natured Slade weekly? Doubt it.

Tabby

Thinking about costumes more, this is a beauty of telling superhero story in tv instead of movies. Would current Arrow's costume be recieved as well if we didn't see him start with that paint and stick to it for whole season before getting a mask? Would Deathstroke's current badass get-up be as effective if we didn't see milder version in the island so many times before? Doubt it

Heck, could movie Deathstrone be this awesone character without spending a year with good natured Slade weekly? Doubt it.

That's a great tactic.
Show an obviously inferior costume and then get the fans hyped up by showing the costume they've always wanted to see.
Clever bastards.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Laurel must be keeping Starling's interior decorators in business single-handedly. This was what, the fourth or fifth time her place has been trashed? Must be one hell of a lease she has there.

Gotta say, I've become a pretty solid supporter of the show after a shaky first season, but I may not have wanted to keep watching had I been a regular in this thread. Jesus, you guys are the worst.
VDAEfpE.png

Laurel must be keeping Starling's interior decorators in business single-handedly. This was what, the fourth or fifth time her place has been trashed? Must be one hell of a lease she has there.

Gotta say, I've become a pretty solid supporter of the show after a shaky first season, but I may not have wanted to keep watching had I been a regular in this thread. Jesus, you guys are the worst.
VDAEfpE.png

We grow on you.

I disagree about Batman
(despite the TDK suit being really ugly, imo it seemed like one of the more functionally believable hero costumes),
though I do think this tv budget lead to some smart moves.
Ollie's separate cloth hood for one thing, Slade's real world themed military gear.
Canary looked good but its easy to top her comic design.

Though lets not forget how terrible the Huntress costume was.

We have to wait and see about Flash.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I disagree about Batman
(despite the TDK suit being really ugly, imo it seemed like one of the more functionally believable hero costumes),
though I do think this tv budget lead to some smart moves.
Ollie's separate cloth hood for one thing, Slade's real world themed military gear.

Though lets not forget how terrible the Huntress costume was.

We have to wait and see about Flash.

Madness.

Just got caught up with the entire series. Totally loving it. This thread is also hilarious but makes me feel bad for Katie Cassidy. Girl can't catch a break.

Also picked up my 3-day pass for Emerald City Comic Con. I so want a photo op with Amell if they're doing them. It'll be my first time going to ECCC so I'm pretty excited!

jordisok

lttp but I was waiting for my man slade to toss sebastian like salad, had to settle for something a little different in the end :(

Interesting episode though seems like a few different strands are finally gaining momentum (roy especially + laurel had a good ep)

GrayFoxPL

I don't know, Sin in Thea's slutty dress was quite the discovery, TBH.

Heck, Roy asking Thea for her sluttiest dress was lol worthy enough.

True, true, this was most entertaining.

Btw. Laurel acted pretty nice in this one. Gotta give her credit.

Arrow/Amell still delivers lines like a wooden pole.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
The Case of the Missing Rabbit

Thea’s bedroom was massive; one could easily get lost in there. Sin followed behind Thea, taking in all the expensive things that adorned the room.
“So, Roy tells me you want to borrow something to wear?” Thea said smiling to her new gal pal.
“Yeah, something slutty, ya know?” Sin was embarrassed as she didn’t wear dresses.
“Oh I know,” Thea moved to her closet and returned with a black dress that must have coasted more than Sin could fathom.
“That’s lovely, Thea. I’ll go into the bathroom and try it on.” Sin walked up to Thea and took the dress.
“Wait” Thea said sternly
Sin stopped dead in her tracks.
“Thea was looking intently at Sin. “Why don’t you try it on in front of me.”
“I don’t know, that’s kinda weird,” Sin wasn’t all that comfortable with her body.
“Thea moved in front of Sin and took back her black dress. “I have another idea.”
Thea Queen gave Sin a peck on the lips. Sin could not believe she had just been kissed by a Queen of all people! She liked it. Sin kissed her back. Thea enjoyed Sin’s whisky smelling breath just as much as Sin enjoyed Thea’s dark chocolate truffle breath.
“You taste so good, Thea,” Sin said in between kisses.
“I might get drunk from all that whisky in your mouth,” Thea said playfully. Thea kissed Sin’s neck moving down to her navel. Each touch of Thea’s lips sent shivers down Sin’s spine.
Sin placed a hand on Thea’s bare thighs. Thea grasped it and slide it higher and higher, moaning as she did so.
“You’re quite kinky, you know that, Queen?” Sin was amused.
“All Queen Women are,” Thea smiled and licked her lips.
“Your lips look chapped. I can help with that,” Sin licked Thea’s lips and bit her lower one, not hard but playfully. That turned Thea on and she returned the favor.
“Hey Thea,” Sin backed away from Thea.
“Yeah?” Thea wanted nothing more than to get back to kissing.
“I have a rabbit and a spare pack of batteries,” Sin smirked. Thea loved the idea that she nodded in agreement.
“Go get it, tiger.” Thea was excited.
Sin went to her backpack but, it was empty. Sin turned to Thea and shook her head, “It’s gone.”
Thea didn’t mind too much, “We’ll improvise.” Thea pushed Sin onto her bed and mounted her. Suddenly Sin heard a faint noise, VRMMMM VRMMMM. Sin stopped Thea for a second. “You hear that?”
“Hear what? It’s probably the maid vacuuming.” Thea kissed Sin. Thea was probably right, the house was huge and no doubt had maids everywhere making sure the mansion was clean.

Thea and Sin were too busy making out on the bed to notice that outside Thea’s window stood Moira Queen with the rabbit in hand. VRMMMMM VRMMMMM VRMMMMM.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
One of these days the show writers are going to incorporate one of Wozzly's stories into the show.

Anyone feel like this season is loaded plot-wise? I like that the focus right now is on Blood, Roy, and Slade, but what about Tommy's dad (and Thea) Summer Glau's character? Add the multi-weeklong breaks and I almost forgot they were still on this show.

Chuckie

Eh I don't think it would have been that hard to get something a little closer to the comic style. So thats why it bothers me so much.

Some purple boots and gauntlets and some noticeable white would have been good enough.

I think that's why they had her in the whore/stripper outfit with thigh high boots once.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Anyone feel like this season is loaded plot-wise? I like that the focus right now is on Blood, Roy, and Slade, but what about Tommy's dad (and Thea) Summer Glau's character? Add the multi-weeklong breaks and I almost forgot they were still on this show.

I agree. Thea being Malcom's daughter was a big reveal that really didn't go anywhere, well for now at least. I honestly forgot about Glau LOL she just appears when she needs to berate Ollie. I do hate the breaks, it was brutal last season as I wasn't used to it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Well, this show has long seasons and it moves damn fast, so I'm sure they'll be able to play all the angles. IIRC the enterity of S1 was tied nicely right before the end.

I think that's why they had her in the whore/stripper outfit with thigh high boots once.

See, that one was actually terrible.

Clevinger

Yeah, the show's pretty crowded. IMO, the show would be better if they got rid of the flashbacks every episode. It'd free up a lot of room to develop things more in the present, and it wouldn't be so awkward switching between these two stories all the time.

I mean, you take a lot of the suspense and surprise out of a(n already kind of uninteresting) story when you spell out that Sara "dies," Ollie has to fight Slade and "kill" him, the ship is destroyed, the serum is destroyed etc. On top of that, they add in superfluous scenes like the three minute one of Ollie and Sara reminiscing about what an asshole Laurel was when they were young.

Meh. I'm tired of the flashbacks. Shado made them a little better in season 1, but they ruined her character in season 2. And Slade makes them better, but he'll be gone soon. Once that happens I'll give zero fucks about them.

Tabby

• Brother Blood/Deathstroke.
  • Thea/Malcolm Merlin.
  • Malcolm Merlin/Ra's Al Ghul
  • HIVE.
  • No backstory for Felicity.
  • Not enough screen time for Summer Glau.
  • Proto-Canary and the League of Assassins.

And then we still have the Island to worry about.

Yeah, it was silly but I liked the semi reference.
I still think her combat costume could have been similar to Wayne Huntress and worked well on this show.
324px-2147067-huntress_profile.jpg

(probably not that mask though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom