• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_n28ca1IBxI1qhgzoc.gif

Tucah

you speak so well
This is accurate.

So there was a leaked cast sheet for episode 19 and...
Caitlyn Snow and Cisco Ramon confirmed to be appearing, these are both charactes from The Flash.

Spoilerific link.

Wonder if 20 is still going to feature the Flash even though it's no longer the backdoor pilot.

I was also wondering when/if we'd see Summer Glau again.

Tabby

Wonder if 20 is still going to feature the Flash even though it's no longer the backdoor pilot.

I was also wondering when/if we'd see Summer Glau again.

I know that she appears in
episode 18.
"Seeing Red" makes me think that he'll show up.

Wiktor

Oh my God, it'd be so amazing if this series did a story arc based on

SUPERMAX. David Goyer proposed this awesome storyline, where Oliver Queen is unmasked and sent to prison filled with supervillains he put there, like Lex Luthor and shit. There he has to survive, unravel a conspiracy, clear his name, and ally with supervillains to escape.

I'm sure they remember this pitch (Goyer might suck as a writer, but he's brilliant ideas man). It's way too early for that, but I would love to see them take second half of..say...season 4 and run through it solely with this storyline. But that time Oliver should have
enough highly trainer sidekicks that will be able to at least partially handle the city while he;s gone, so we can have scenes from the city spicing up the main prison storyline.

Oh my God, it'd be so amazing if this series did a story arc based on

SUPERMAX. David Goyer proposed this awesome storyline, where Oliver Queen is unmasked and sent to prison filled with supervillains he put there, like Lex Luthor and shit. There he has to survive, unravel a conspiracy, clear his name, and ally with supervillains to escape.

Goyer actually didn't write Esca[e from Supermax. It was written by Justin Marks, and was really good. It's a shame that it never got made. I'm all for Arrow lifting ideas from that script.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hey, guys you might remember me from my "Sorta LTTP" Arrow thread I made about a week back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782391&highlight=

Well I'm all caught up now and wanted to give my impressions before formally joining Arrow GAF, to start off boy oh boy does S2 just drops a shit ton of awesome stuff on you, however at this point I feel I also have to list some of the problems I have with the show as well as praising the awesome shit:

Awesome Shit:
-League of Assassins with mention of Raz Al Ghul
-All around inclusion of bad ass villains from the comics with pretty good an unique interpretations, I really liked the Clock King episode and more Dead Shot is always appreciated.
-Amander Waller and hinting of possible Suicide Squad, WTF!!!!
-SLADE FUCKING WILSON!!!!!
-BARRY FUCKING ALLEN!!!!
-All the characters are getting good enough screen time and are actually developed including Felicity and Diggle, but also Laura and her whole family.
-Oliver learning not to kill even if it felt a bit forced and sudden.
-I love but also hate cheesy references to the comics "I'm heading back to Central City, guess I'll be back in a Flash." That line delivery was so horrid and yet perfectly cheesy I both wanted to slap the writer and hug the actor at the same time.

Thing I don't Like:
-Oliver not having a twirly mustache : )
-People not staying dead, this isn't a comic book where you gotta sell an infinite line of comics in a never ending continuity it's a TV show so fucking commit to someone dying. I'm tired of people coming back from the dead when we clearly saw their asses die.
-Amander Waller being so young and good looking, she should be a middle aged woman who you can believe worked her way to become head of this organization. It's hard to imagine that young actor becoming the head of such a secret organization in what was probably about 5-7 years of service. Which kinda brings up the next point.
-Stop making everyone attractive, I know it's a weird complaint but when even Amander Waller is attractive it's kinda weird. You really expect me to believe that hot ass Felicity can't get a man, GTFO!
-Everytime Oliver mentions "the island." Like he's seriously getting annoying at this point and I dont understand why Diggle or Felicity haven't beaten the living shit out of the island every time he mentions it. It's like every episode something happens and they all go "how'd you know about that?" to which Oliver always replies "the island" and the doesn't say anything else. Fuck you and stop dripping us these island bits every episode to prolong the mystery, I swear to god Oliver if you say "the island" one more time I'm gonna punch you.
-Stupid love triangles, or quadruples or whatever number Oliver is up to at this point. Fuck, every time a hot girl appears on screen, which is to say every time a girl appears on screen, Oliver has to bang her and further complicate his personal relationships.
-The Arrow team hideout...it's under the club, Thea runs the club, and the backroom is not hidden it's a direct part of the club clearly visible to anyone who goes back there. You mean to tell me Thea took over the club and didn't ask Oliver what the code to the back store room is? Move that shit elsewhere, preferably underground in Queen Consolidated or anywhere else other than the goddamn club. I mean how the fuck do they get out of there without anyone seeing there is only one exit as far as I know.
-Myra (however you spell it) Queen running for office. Really? Seriously? Nobody would vote for her in real life, nobody, she is responsible for all the deaths cause din the Quake. Merlin may have rigged her trial, which she would have surely lost, but that doesn't turn public opinion in her favor. By the way a "duress" defense would have never worked in her trial, you cannot claim "duress" if you are directly responsible for the deaths of another innocent victim. In any event, she is clearly unqualified for office why in the world would she think she should run? I thought at first Walter and others were setting her up for something but now I don't think so.
-Not enough SLADE FUCKING WILSON in his badass new armor.

Anyway, I guess I'm in the new age now. What does this mean? Will I start liking Imagine Dragons?

MartyStu

You can't really have a character like
RedHood show up on this without some Batman acknowledgement.
Would make sense for RH to show up as a random villain of the week, Nightwing shows up for an assist, stops RH's scheme,etc.
Everyone returns home and a good time was had by all.

Would never happen though.

Red Hood would be boss though.

I can definitely see a season 4 - 5 plotline including him. Sure it would have to touch Batman, but in a way that does not have to intrude too deeply into that universe.

And he ties into the Al Ghuls and Arsenal. All we need is Starfire and things can get poppin'.

Red Hood would be boss though.

I can definitely see a season 4 - 5 plotline including him. Sure it would have to touch Batman, but in a way that does not have to intrude too deeply into that universe.

And he ties into the Al Ghuls and Arsenal. All we need is Starfire and things can get poppin'.

I think as far as
Batman
-related things go,
Red Hood is pretty easy to do in the Arrow universe.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was reading some old rumors from back in December that included the possibility of the above spoilered discussion and also found out that
The Question
is rumored to be making an appearance.

I'm sure it's been discussed already, but I'm going to lose my shit if they bring him on the show.

L1NETT

Episode 2.19 Appearance Spoilers. Confirmed (via twitter) that
Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes from the Flash Pilot will be in it, but not Barry Allen. Vibe and Killer Frost are in then.

Thing I don't Like:

-Amander Waller being so young and good looking, she should be a middle aged woman who you can believe worked her way to become head of this organization. It's hard to imagine that young actor becoming the head of such a secret organization in what was probably about 5-7 years of service. Which kinda brings up the next point.

This is what Amanda Waller looks like now since the Nu52 reboot.

K1xPhZR.jpg

Dawg

Let me get this straight.

The actrice playing Amanda Waller also played Naevia 2.0 in the Spartacus tv show. Naevia was the waifu of Crixus, aka Manu Bennett who is now playing Slade McSwag Wilson.

Pure coincidence you'd think...

...but in Arkham Origins, after Deathstroke was imprisoned... Waller approached him and offered him a place in the Suicide Squad. The same squad they're currently assembling.

I want to believe Deathstroke doesn't die at the end of this season and that he will join the suicide squad. I feel like he's too big of a character to kill off. Not even Malcolm Merlin died.

Why do I think this? Using his former waifu again as the boss of the new squad is clearly foreshadowing!

isn't money his motivation for being a mercenary though?

he's a rich ass dude in arrow. made his own money, unlike trust-fund ollie.

so i'm guessing if they go with suicide squad (please kill deadshot though once deathstroke comes in, we don't need that garbage actor) recruiting deathstroke it will be because waller has leverage over him?

Clevinger

I love Deadshot's actor. He sounds exactly like I'd imagine a ridiculous, sleazy comic book villain would.

btw, here are the promo pics for Episode 17, the episode after next.

Spoiler tag future episode spoilers, or Cornballer will hold your hands against a cornballer

I can't wait to see this scene.

also, I'm genuinely curious how many times Lotz' tits have popped out during fight scene filming.

Spoiler tag future episode spoilers

Dawg

isn't money his motivation for being a mercenary though?

he's a rich ass dude in arrow. made his own money, unlike trust-fund ollie.

so i'm guessing if they go with suicide squad (please kill deadshot though once deathstroke comes in, we don't need that garbage actor) recruiting deathstroke it will be because waller has leverage over him?

how did he make that dough

I remember him driving away in his lambo (?) last episode. As if he didn't have enough swag by then.

Subitai

Hey, guys you might remember me from my "Sorta LTTP" Arrow thread I made about a week back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782391&highlight=

Well I'm all caught up now and wanted to give my impressions before formally joining Arrow GAF, to start off boy oh boy does S2 just drops a shit ton of awesome stuff on you, however at this point I feel I also have to list some of the problems I have with the show as well as praising the awesome shit:

Thing I don't Like:
-Stop making everyone attractive, I know it's a weird complaint but when even Amander Waller is attractive it's kinda weird. You really expect me to believe that hot ass Felicity can't get a man, GTFO!

-Moira (however you spell it) Queen running for office.
Fixed.

Also, the CW man. Normal looking not allowed, lest the fangirls turn to another channel. This wasn't always the case when UPN and the WB merged, but eventually the WB's appearence requirements took precedence.

Wiktor

There are no ugly people in Starling City anymore. All died in earthquake. That was the true reason behind Malcolm's plan: ensure that no uglies ever stain his beaituful city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom