• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Why do I think this? Using his former waifu again as the boss of the new squad is clearly foreshadowing!
I think the reason is a bit more simpler: the casting people know where Manu comes from, they have seen Spartacus. Amell has seen Spartacus. So when it comes to casting these strong female roles, it is easy for them to think off the Spartacus girls when they need these strong females, especially because their choices last year didn't work out in that area. So they see Naevia 2.0 and Mira.

But if it is really foreshadowing, it would be awesome. That Suicide Squad video game topic is making me hope they'll go the movie route with Suicide Squad after the episode.

I forgot who pointed it out, but it's likely that they're going to the Spartacus roster simply because those are actors that are already at least somewhat trained in action choreography and likely in shape for it. Arrows strength and it's popularity largely comes from it's action, which are probably the most demanding action scenes in Broadcast TV at the moment. The only shows I can think of having more demanding action scenes are Premium Cable (Cinemax).

Wiktor

I forgot who pointed it out, but it's likely that they're going to the Spartacus roster simply because those are actors that are already at least somewhat trained in action choreography and likely in shape for it. Arrows strength and it's popularity largely comes from it's action, which are probably the most demanding action scenes in Broadcast TV at the moment. The only shows I can think of having more demanding action scenes are Premium Cable (Cinemax).

Yep. It's also a low budget show with lots and lots of episodes. So they can't take long training sessions or use CG too much. They need actors who can handle themselves in action scenes.

foxtrot3d

Banned
There are no ugly people in Starling City anymore. All died in earthquake. That was the true reason behind Malcolm's plan: ensure that no uglies ever stain his beaituful city.

And what a beautiful man Malcolm was/is, and I'm straight. I can understand his anger at those not matching his level of beauty.

Also, I'm just now finding out in this thread people hate Laurel and her acting, am I the only one not bothered by Laurel and actually find her drunken backsliding enjoyable? I'm actually more irritated by Sara's actor, that accent she puts on, or maybe that's her real speaking voice, in any event that weird raspiness to her voice just annoys me. Also, so far I find her character dumb, she should've stayed dead.

Subitai

Only if you're a noob who can't use a bow :)
Crossbow was invented cause most people are noobs.

Such are the benefits of being taken in by the League of Assassins that they will unnoob you in that area.

Also, I agree Caity-Canary's assets are very distracting in those pics. Can't wait.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I already know what's going to happen in Season 3

1- Season will have a strong premiere, followed by 2 mid-tier episodes
2- Episode 9 will be the last episode before hiatus, it will reveal the main villain of the season
3- First episode after the hiatus will be weak, almost filler-like
4- Between episodes 13-15 there will be an episode focused on the events of the Island
5- Season Finale will be big and it will end on a cliffhanger.

Apply the above to every upcoming season. :p

I imagine Arrow walking into that room, seeing Laurel, Huntress and Sara; and going nope before walking out.

Ha!

This muzzle flash looks ridiculous:

71697.jpg

So...yeah.

If Olicity happens...I want it to happen at the end of the series.

I feel if they get together now....the pairing will end up pissing me off or Ollie will cheat on her.

:eek:

So....yeah. Keep the teases coming.

jett

D-Member
I've been watching this show for the last couple of weeks, caught up entirely. I have to say, at first it was surprisingly entertaining but right now it's flat out awesome and pretty much badass. I even enjoy the obvious CW trappings in an ironic sort of way. :p Nice to see my boy Crixus fucking shit up.

DieH@rd

Banned
I've been watching this show for the last couple of weeks, caught up entirely. I have to say, at first it was surprisingly entertaining but right now it's flat out awesome and pretty much badass. I even enjoy the obvious CW trappings in an ironic sort of way. :p Nice to see my boy Crixus fucking shit up.

post made from truth

You know, I loved the Count and everything, but...

PS: Plus, that mask goes well with Helena's craaaaazy eyes.

Im a Huntress fan so her being an absolute psycho just makes me mad,
And the fact that they didn't even attempt her costume which is fairly easy to do, when they pretty much nailed everyone else.

And what a beautiful man Malcolm was/is, and I'm straight. I can understand his anger at those not matching his level of beauty.

Also, I'm just now finding out in this thread people hate Laurel and her acting, am I the only one not bothered by Laurel and actually find her drunken backsliding enjoyable? I'm actually more irritated by Sara's actor, that accent she puts on, or maybe that's her real speaking voice, in any event that weird raspiness to her voice just annoys me. Also, so far I find her character dumb, she should've stayed dead.

I too like crazy Laurel, watching her spit venom at everyone is entertaining.

http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/arrow-birds-of-prey/71693.jpg

The Canary costume makes Sara look so damn different, she clearly is doing this intentionally to distract enemies.

Blader

isn't money his motivation for being a mercenary though?

he's a rich ass dude in arrow. made his own money, unlike trust-fund ollie.

so i'm guessing if they go with suicide squad (please kill deadshot though once deathstroke comes in, we don't need that garbage actor) recruiting deathstroke it will be because waller has leverage over him?

Maybe he made his money through merc work?

Would make a lot more sense than starting his own billion-dollar company in five years.

REV 09

yup, wish they could find a role for Gannicus...can't believe he hasn't shown up in anything recently.

New episode tonight:
Suicide Squad

Oliver prepares for battle with his former friend Slade; Amanda recruits Diggle to stop a warlord, but he is surprised when he meets the rest of the team she has assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom