• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Like I said last night, Slade better not die cause he's the best character on the show. Plus, I want a Suicide Squad show with Slade as the lead.
#TeamDeathstroke

wildfire

Banned
Why do I feel like Moira is going to die tonight?

You called it!

Moira will die saving Thea. Or Roy accidentally kills Moira.

So close. You were just thinking of the wrong executioner.

There's no way the mom is staying gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Ollie's enemies find out about her and the kid, given they have no problem finding out anything else about him.

Wow. Didn't consider this. Ollie will go back to Season 1 version if Slade succeeds.

I don't want this to happen.

Forget that thing I said a while back about Agents of SHIELD...

And I'll continue to say DC should have the balls to use Ollie in their cinematic universe instead of Batman since they've done a lot to popularize this character on TV.

MoiraDeath_zps5df97677.png

It should be Thea in that picture. Ollie was out of frame like Red X.

Joni

And I'll continue to say DC should have the balls to use Ollie in their cinematic universe instead of Batman since they've done a lot to popularize this character on TV.
Batman is far more popular than any other DC Comics character. They can't leave him.

Blader

I like Amell a lot in this role, but the guy is a TV actor, not a movie actor.

and I'm pretty sure that Arrow's viewership is less than a fraction of any Batman movie's audience.

wildfire

Banned
Batman is far more popular than any other DC Comics character. They can't leave him.

Sure but it would've gone a long way to not taint the Nolanverse with this mashup.

Ironman has always been less popular than Superman and Marvel did gangbusters with this character fronting the Avengers. DC could've done the same with Arrow.

CloudWolf

That he's alive.

I still don't understand why they showed that he's alive all those episodes ago. If they're not going to do anything with it until the third season (except little teases like last episode), why not delay that revelation until the end of S02. It's not like those three minutes of Malcolm were all that important.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I still don't understand why they showed that he's alive all those episodes ago. If they're not going to do anything with it until the third season (except little teases like last episode), why not delay that revelation until the end of S02. It's not like those three minutes of Malcolm were all that important.

When did they show he was alive? I cant remember it

CloudWolf

When did they show he was alive? I cant remember it

Malcolm reached out to Moira at the end of an episode early in the season to speak to her about Thea or something. Moira warned him about calling Ra's al Ghul on him and he disappeared again. The only reason why I remember that scene is because I found it weird that Moira would use a threat like that, as if the League of Assassins is in the phone book.

Ruruja

This is not how you fight, he gave up his back to try a stupid move. Batman barely had to move to dodge the attack. If Batman actually would attack instead of blocking every piss poor move in this small clip, Deathstroke would be hurting.

Pretty sure you can pick apart every single martial arts/swordfight in the history of film and television (or games) and find absurd movements. In real life a swift kick to the balls is all that's needed.

Khezu

Malcolm reached out to Moira at the end of an episode early in the season to speak to her about Thea or something. Moira warned him about calling Ra's al Ghul on him and he disappeared again.

He was revealed alive before that.

He was the one that got Moria out of jail time by rigging the jury.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Malcolm reached out to Moira at the end of an episode early in the season to speak to her about Thea or something. Moira warned him about calling Ra's al Ghul on him and he disappeared again. The only reason why I remember that scene is because I found it weird that Moira would use a threat like that, as if the League of Assassins is in the phone book.

Ah yeah I remember that

What ever happened to Slade's son? He was only mentioned once and then never again.

Malcolm goes and grabs Slade's son before coming to Starling. Malcolm puts both Isabelle and the son in front of him and makes Slade choose which to save.

Malcolm laughs, kills them both, and then starts to fight Slade.

Wiktor

This is not how you fight, he gave up his back to try a stupid move. Batman barely had to move to dodge the attack. If Batman actually would attack instead of blocking every piss poor move in this small clip, Deathstroke would be hurting.

Dude. This is comic book universe. It;s not realistic. In reality anyone with a cape would get slaughtered in hand to hand combat.

Dude. This is comic book universe. It;s not realistic. In reality anyone with a cape would get slaughtered in hand to hand combat.

As would someone with a hood...

Anyway, I'm really hoping that Liam is cast as Ra's. Would be incredible if Slade hung around well, they had fantastic chemistry in WoTD.

dZC6qt2.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned
Like I said last night, Slade better not die cause he's the best character on the show. Plus, I want a Suicide Squad show with Slade as the lead.
#TeamDeathstroke

Don't assume anything, because it is clear that showrunners are not after to kill strong and important characters.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Dude, I will throw shit at the TV if they don't off Slade in a painful and excruciating way eventually. I want Ollie to beat the hell out of him for a full episode. I want Diggle to beat the hell out of him. Hell, I want Felicity to beat the hell out of a tied up Slade.

....I sort of think we're going to have a Ra's Al Ghul sighting before the season is over at this end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm only appears again at the very tail end of the season as a lead-in to Season 3.

But yeah, Deathstroke's too good on this show. They'll put him on the Suicide Squad if they can.

Blader

Dude, I will throw shit at the TV if they don't off Slade in a painful and excruciating way eventually. I want Ollie to beat the hell out of him for a full episode. I want Diggle to beat the hell out of him. Hell, I want Felicity to beat the hell out of a tied up Slade.

....I sort of think we're going to have a Ra's Al Ghul sighting before the season is over at this end.

I don't think they're going to commit to an actor for that just yet, but I could see an Amanda Waller-esque shoes shot type reveal; something obscured, or maybe from behind.

SPOILER Promo Pictures for next episode.

Promo images for Episode 21 City of Blood
http://imgur.com/a/eJ2bN

that would make it likely that
Oliver is revealing himself to Laurel, who already knows his identity. Or maybe he is coming clean to Thea.

Well there is also one way to make them rich again. I'm sure momma Queen had a fat multimillion dollar life ins policy.

That was my thought. The silver lining and Moira's final act of taking care of her children.
Making them filthy rich again with her $100 Million dollar LIfe Insurance policy.

#TeamDeathstroke

Well, if Diggle had to be forced to work with Deadshot on 2 occasions already, I don't see why Ollie shouldn't have to be forced to work side by side with Slade once or twice as well.

Setsuna

Well, if Diggle had to be forced to work with Deadshot on 2 occasions already, I don't see why Ollie shouldn't have to be forced to work side by side with Slade once or twice as well.

Diggle and deadshot came to an understanding. They ahve honour and trust involved in there relationship.

Arrow and Slade on the other hand is not going to happen

Diggle and deadshot came to an understanding. They ahve honour and trust involved in there relationship.

Arrow and Slade on the other hand is not going to happen

Deadshot may have been on contract, but he still killed his brother.

Slade is crazy on Mirakuru, it's possible that Ollie cures him, explains to him exactly what happened and Slade and Ollie have a mutual understanding that Slade was out of his mind and wasn't really responsible. Forgive, but never forget.

If Slade them gets recruited to the Suicide Squad and Team Arrow gets contracted into working with them again, it would make for some interesting situations of Slade just doing his job and Ollie questioning his motives the entire time while secretly being ready to "pull the trigger" and even jeopardizing the mission because of his distrust of Slade and his motivations.

Joni

that would make it likely that
Oliver is revealing himself to Laurel, who already knows his identity. Or maybe he is coming clean to Thea.
I'm hoping
it is his Mirakaru vision. An imaginary Laurel because he healed himself using the stuff and is trying to keep his composure.

wildfire

Banned
Considering how this show likes to use guns to kill people because stabbings are only flesh wounds (Hi Merlyn) maybe Moira will come back from the grave.

Im just glad the whole "Malcolm is my father" angst is over

What about the I must lie to you to protect you angst? Oliver really should tell Thea he's the Vigilante to explain why their family is in danger. It's more dangerous not letting her know.

My choice fo Ras
chi1.jpg

*squints* Keanu Reeves?

So is Thea the only principal who doesn't know or want to know who the Arrow is?

Captain chesthair is unconfirmed but it feels like he does know.

Do you think they would have ignored Wolverine and Spider-Man if they could?

I have no doubt Marvel Studios would have started with those guys. But it ain't 2006 no more. Marvel proved you don't need to build a viable cinematic universe by staying with the big guns. If you get it right, second stringers like Iron Man can rule the box office and become just as important and viable as Spiderman or Wolverine.

Unfortunately Warner Bros. haven't learned this lesson very well.

They're still afraid of characters who aren't icons so they're stuck perpetually rebooting Batman and Superman while Marvel brings Rocket fucking Raccoon to the big screen. It's a lack of vision and a lack of belief in their characters. If WB believed in the Green Arrow, they would have made Escape from Supermax, and made him a big time character. Instead he's been relegated to the CW. While I love the show, Warners could be doing so much more with Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom