• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not 2006 anymore. That is true. Warner Bros won't be judged by 2006 standards. They will be judged by 2014 standards, a time the Marvel Movie Universe exists. Look at last year, Man of Steel is considered a flop because it didn't do Avengers numbers, because it isn't Justice League. They could start with a smaller hero, but it won't be compared to the original Iron Man. It will be judged by current standards. That is why they need to come out the door swinging with actual big names. They don't have time to let a hero grow.

They relegated Superman to The CW while still making Superman Returns. They have made Jonah Hex, they have made Green Lantern, they have made Watchmen, they have made V for Vendetta. These aren't even Iron Man level heroes, these are even smaller. Iron Man at least had that awful, awful cartoon. You can blame them for not getting a movie universe out there, but they couldn't with Nolan. I can't blame them for starting off their universe based around Batman and Superman when it is clear they are going up against the Avengers, and that will be their opponent, not some 2008 level Iron Man movie that started off the universe. If The Avengers didn't exist, they could take it slow. Iron Man 1 & 2 were the only big hits, they can't now.

Smallville was actually going to be cancelled before Singer went to bat for it and later let them use some of their set pieces. That said, Smallville can fuck right off. Tom Welling might've played a young Clark Kent but I'll never, ever consider him Superman. Not as if he ever actually wanted to be anyway.

In a "perfect world" WB would give DC free reign over what properties to bring to TV and film but unfortunately being the conglomerate WB is everything has to go through a board room and committee filled with people who haven't a clue. Marvel has a lot more freedom and control than DC ever will have due to the movie studio's track record before Disney bought the company.

dMkhu7X.jpg

From reddit.

Looks like a new Bish banned GIF.

Meteorain

Goddamnit I watched the latest Arrow last night.

Why the fuck did they kill the interesting milf but not the dumb as a dolmon sister. Fuck you Arrow writers.

Damn though Slade, not even a quick bullet to the head, but a damn sword to the heart. That's deep man.

Prologue

I rarely get annoyed with television but isn't it getting a bit old seeing Roy in the same damm red sweater week after week?

Sucks about Oliver's mom. She's a great character and seemed so sudden :(

Kevin

I rarely get annoyed with television but isn't it getting a bit old seeing Roy in the same damm red sweater week after week?

Sucks about Oliver's mom. She's a great character and seemed so sudden :(

I'm getting more annoyed with Roy then anyone else on the show including Laurel. Roy is a very obnoxious character. At one point it seemed as if maybe his character was improving but then NOPE he regressed farther back then he started out as.

He's got this like emo thing going on or something where he is always pissy and what not. Even before the Mirakuru.

Arrow is consistently awesome though so I can tend to overlook a shortcoming or two from time to time. Everything can't be 100% perfect now and hey maybe things will make more sense with his character once the full story is done. :)

DieH@rd

Banned
Roy has its purpose of describing how ordinary man can fail when he wants to be hero, get corrupted by the "need to act", but very soon we will find out his ultimate fate. He will either drop fully to dark side or sacrifice himself to save others. He will either die or get transformed, very soon.

Personally, I would like for him to finally get more character, to not be so intensive and "raging bull"-like. Good or bad, I hope he will live to become someone else [preferably a hero].

On other hand, I really have no clue what is Thea's role in this show. She's still pointless, although less openly annoying like she was in S1.

On other hand, I really have no clue what is Thea's role in this show. She's still pointless, although less openly annoying like she was in S1.
But everybody lies to her!! :(

Was a good episode though. Thought the beginning was awkward cause of how serious the last episode was - this 1 opens up with Ollie and Sarah having sexorz...like really?
The ending surprised me, wasnt expecting that. Good acting that scene, wish the show was more serious/dark like that, makes it a lot more interesting imo

Pluto

Noooo, Moira! ;(

They should have killed off Thea, Susanna Thompson is the better actress and Moira the much more interesting character. Why do these shows always do that, kill the awesome older characters and keep the stupid younger ones. Laurel, Roy and Thea (in that order) would have been at the top of my kill list.

Why do these shows always do that, kill the awesome older characters and keep the stupid younger ones

Because most of the time, the goal is to make these character's grow/ overcome obstacles in their paths/ face a common enemy/ overcome their differences. A means to an end, I suppose.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Roy has its purpose of describing how ordinary man can fail when he wants to be hero, get corrupted by the "need to act", but very soon we will find out his ultimate fate. He will either drop fully to dark side or sacrifice himself to save others. He will either die or get transformed, very soon.

Personally, I would like for him to finally get more character, to not be so intensive and "raging bull"-like. Good or bad, I hope he will live to become someone else [preferably a hero].

Thea is there as a painful reminder for Ollie that he needs to lie in order to protect the people he loves.

Sorry peeps, there would be way WAY too many retcons for Arrow to positively fit in the MoS verse. Hell, the timeline itself doesn't match up. By all accounts, Zod's invasion would've happened already, and yet not a single mention of it on the show? By the time they *would* want to join these two verses together (they aren't, but for arguments sake) it'd be far too late and there would plot holes the size of the grand canyon.

Amell may get cast as the GA, but it's most definitely NOT going to be the same one as this Arrow.

I wouldn't want MoS and the universe DC is trying to create with it polluting Arrow's TV universe.

Well that's you. I would like for it to be all in the same universe and if they're smart they should. Also pretty please put Static in this universe somehow

Sorry peeps, there would be way WAY too many retcons for Arrow to positively fit in the MoS verse. Hell, the timeline itself doesn't match up. By all accounts, Zod's invasion would've happened already, and yet not a single mention of it on the show? By the time they *would* want to join these two verses together (they aren't, but for arguments sake) it'd be far too late and there would plot holes the size of the grand canyon.

Amell may get cast as the GA, but it's most definitely NOT going to be the same one as this Arrow.

Did they mention what year it was in MoS cause if not they can get by with it not happening yet and they have some type of tie in episode when they put it in the same universe

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

And again i say What Timeline? The year in MoS is never specified, for all we know it takes place in 2018 or something like it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Public service announcement - the excellent Arrow After Show that is hosted by John Campea on the YouTube will in the next few weeks have guest from the Arrow show. So far they mentioned that they managed to grab visit from one showrunner.

And again i say What Timeline? The year in MoS is never specified, for all we know it takes place in 2018 or something like it.

Also time passed between MoS and SupesVsBats can also be random.

I don't think that anything showcased in Arrow-verse so far has endangered DC cinematic universe... except mere existence of Flash.

Joni

The most damaging thing showrunners did was casting of Flash. The very thing that they did that could eject entire Arrow-verse outside cinematic universe.
It is according to rumours also the thing that could get them into the universe. They don't need Green Arrow for Justice League, but they need Flash. The rumour is that DC is watching Flash to see to pick up the TV universe into the movie universe.

When I think DC Superhero's those are not the type of movies I was thinking of. It would actually be kinda weird to see all those properties connected. .
Yeah, they can't connect. That is true. DC has always been more than the 'one' universe. At least, it seems like that to me. I always hear about these DC comic that have nothing to do with their superheroes. Stuff like Red, V for Vendetta, Watchmen, ...

Smallville was actually going to be cancelled before Singer went to bat for it and later let them use some of their set pieces. That said, Smallville can fuck right off. Tom Welling might've played a young Clark Kent but I'll never, ever consider him Superman. Not as if he ever actually wanted to be anyway.
Yeah, I have never watched the show. I don't really care about Superman. But they were wlling to dump their second biggest superhero on TV. They were willing to take that risk.

In a "perfect world" WB would give DC free reign over what properties to bring to TV and film but unfortunately being the conglomerate WB is everything has to go through a board room and committee filled with people who haven't a clue. Marvel has a lot more freedom and control than DC ever will have due to the movie studio's track record before Disney bought the company..
Marvel has free reign because Marvel's boss is one of the biggest Disney shareholders. The Marvel CEO is actually more important than the Disney CEO.

DieH@rd

Banned
It is according to rumours also the thing that could get them into the universe. They don't need Green Arrow for Justice League, but they need Flash. The rumour is that DC is watching Flash to see to pick up the TV universe into the movie universe.

Which is a reason we wont see ANYTHING remotely connected to Gotham/Metropolis before Arrow S3/Flash S1 are finished. They are already pushing their luck with mention of Ra's.

I'm sitting here baffled by WHY some of you would want Arrow=MoS verse? What the fuck?

Take that bullshit somewhere else.
Why not. Why use another version of Green Arrow when this one is doing well. It would help them out overall in popularity to help compete with MCU. Also like I said earlier MCU has a tv show in their universe so this can be their equivalent

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd just be happy if they dropped Amell in and didn't explain anything in the movie or connect the show. I don't think it'd really matter to the average person watching.

Joni

I'm sitting here baffled by WHY some of you would want Arrow=MoS verse? What the fuck?

Because we think Amell deserves that and Berlanti is a good choice to get the universe in line. It is also not like it will have a huge impact on Arrow. The different Marvel movies only tie in major storylines and minor characters. It would be the same for Arrow. Short mentions of stuff happening with Superman/Batman, nothing else. Any villain/character destined for Batman/Superman won't be able to be used in Arrow anyway, if they're the same universe or not.

Effect

Having a connection between Arrow/Flash and the movies also has the very likely possibility of doubling Arrow's and Flash's viewership numbers or maybe even more. The importance of those shows changes overnight and more people will take the time to check them out. That can have a trickle down effect for the other shows on the channel as well. That means more ad revenue, recognition for channel for CBS and Warner Bros as they're the owners of The CW. There are multiple benefits to folding the shows into the movie universe.

Toadette

Banned
jesus how does this show keep topping episodes

Oliver’s has a child 0_o

Killing off Moira :( why i really liked her

Moira knew Oliver’s secret that's nuts

What did Moira know about Malcolm

Game over for Roy now that he has killed

What about the Queens’ financial problems

i love this quote

“His mother is dead, his sister hates him, he blames himself, Sarah is gone, his knee hurts, Roy is in a coma. We were literally like, ‘How bad can we make this?’

this show man this show is nuts

Magwik

Banned
The only way I could see Arrow being put into the MoS universe is if at the end of S3 there is something on the TV referencing Zod and Metropolis. But I would much rather have CW create their own separate universe with Flash and co.

Setsuna

What about the I must lie to you to protect you angst? Oliver really should tell Thea he's the Vigilante to explain why their family is in danger. It's more dangerous not letting her know.

I can deal with that, because it makes sense.

But thea being so mad because of who her bilogical father was, as if it defined her. Was just annoying

It follows the same logic of "my mother is a drug addict i guess I am to"

nonsense. MoS never mentions what year it's set in. it would be no problem for it to fit in a five or ten year timeline.

I wouldn't want MoS and the universe DC is trying to create with it polluting Arrow's TV universe.

oh lord, what nonsense. MoS is one movie, you may want to wait before passing your oh so wise judgement. though judging by your glib comment...

because Green Arrow is an integral member of the JLA and the DC superheroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom