• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

pants

The weird thing about Oliver is that - as much as Season 2 beats Season 1 in so many ways - he really feels like he's regressed into immaturity this season and has gone back to being the bratty kid he was only pretending to be in S1.

Sort of like how he was also much better at embodying the Green Arrow's liberal-left/populist ideals in S1 and in this season is basically just your usual anti-crime street level superhero.

Season 2 is still awesome because Manu Bennett and because of the general escalation of everything, but it really feels like there's been bizarre backsliding on Ollie's part.

Season 1 Ollie felt like he had more purpose with the list and all, yes it was a bit of a cheap mechanic but it worked. What does he have now? Randomly fighting crime. Doesnt really work for the char, what does he do after he defeats Slade? Go back to randomly fighting crime? Imo he needs to have some kind of goal/end game that sits separate from the antagonist of the season. I'm hoping maybe Merlin/Sara/Slade reveals some stuff and the league of assassins becomes his focus/end game for the next three seasons.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Speaking of Ollie. That flashback where Moira tells him about that girls miscarriage and his reaction. I wanted to smack him. That was some good wig-wearing flashback acting. Douchey Oliver is best Oliver.

Season 1 Ollie felt like he had more purpose with the list and all, yes it was a bit of a cheap mechanic but it worked. What does he have now? Randomly fighting crime. Doesnt really work for the char, what does he do after he defeats Slade? Go back to randomly fighting crime? Imo he needs to have some kind of goal/end game that sits separate from the antagonist of the season. I'm hoping maybe Merlin/Sara/Slade reveals some stuff and the league of assassins becomes his focus/end game for the next three seasons.

I think is mostly because he's not following the list. In s1, when he follows the list, he isn't fighting random crime, but high up white collar enemies who "failed the city" which gives it the socio-economical edge that makes Green Arrow unique. Whatever happened to the plan to help gentrify the Glades with his club?

I think the list (combined with the fact that events in S2 have been much, much more driven by the villains' agenda than by Ollie's) helped with that a lot, yeah.

But I'm not 100% sure that accounts for the fact that he also seems a bit more emotionally immature here (though of course the loss of Tommy and his mother has a lot to do with it - I don't think he was ready for this to become personal or to sacrifice more than his own safety).

Speaking of Ollie. That flashback where Moira tells him about that girls miscarriage and his reaction. I wanted to smack him. That was some good wig-wearing flashback acting. Douchey Oliver is best Oliver.

What was wrong with Ollie's reaction? He seemed pretty upset but trying to talk himself out of being upset and failing.

2. Oliver - Worst hero with a secret identity ever.

Nope.

3713255-5502888762-sm10-.jpg

Who from STAR Labs could possibly get the cure to Felicity fast enough to stop Slade?

There is no cure. There is no stopping Slade. Next season the show will be renamed Slade. The show will focus on Slade's troubled
imaginary
love life as he makes his way in the world as a friendly mercenary.

Secret about the new basement lair is that there are no stairs to the surface, only Salmon ladders.

I have thought about this more. If this is true, did Felicity salmon ladder herself out before, or did she piggy back on Diggle as he salmon laddered them both out?

On the subject of salmon ladders, I know you have to be fit as fuck to be able to do them, but do they actually provide a good workout? Looks to me they target the abs and back muscles, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom