• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manarola

Banned
I like Arrow. A lot. I watched all of s1 as I marathoned it over the weekend. Loved every episode in that season. It is a fun pulp superhero show mixed with procedural television formula and it really works. The flashback structure helped create a sense of mystery: "what happened on the island? What happens next?" that helped the show have a very addictive nature to it and it was endlessly entertaining even if it was cheesy pulp.

So far, season 1 is objectively better in almost every way than season 2. Season 2 almost makes me want to quit. The list in season 1 gave Green Arrow a direction. There's hardly any direction in this season so far and not nearly as many interesting plotlines. Merlyn coming back and revealing that he's Theah's father while coercing Mrs. Queen. Sound familiar? Sarah being alive and being trained by the League? Face palm worthy. Oliver being naive and thinking that everyone will be okay if he just throws a party for his mom, who is an accomplice in destroying a giant portion of the city? Pretty FUCKING STUPID, and out of character. Which, in a lot of ways, extends to almost every character in the show this season, from Laurel, to her father, and even Oliver himself.

To make things terrible. The flashbacks in season 1 kept me enthralled and captivated and addicted to the show. They were better than the present story. They're now boring me, especially since they've decided to double down on the romance and make Shado a romantic interest. They just couldn't leave a strong kick ass female character alone without having a man make her worth something, now could they? No. She needs Oliver cock, even though Oliver stares at a picture of the girlfriend he cheated on and regrets cheating on. But no, it makes TOTAL SENSE that Oliver hasn't made amends with that and just wants to continue fucking random women, even though he clearly said last season that he was done with his actions hurting other people. WHOOPS!

Never mind this whole Japanese super soldier plot line is fucking boring compared to the "hunted on an island with mercenaries plotline" as in s1. I get that it is a CW show, but fuck. Some of the writing in s2 has gone straight to terrible cheese ville as opposed to charming cheesville which the previous season embodied.

The great thing about s1 is that it felt like everything connected and had weight. S2 feels so filler-ish to me so far despite a lot of important stuff happening. Sarah turns up alive, and hasn't been mentioned in like three episodes. What was the POINT? I'm like 6 episodes into s2, and I can't recall ANY of the villains Green Arrow has taken down this entire season aside from The Count.

Sara in the league of assassins? I think that's when the show jumped the shark. Sara also on the island with Slade, Shado, and Oliver? Corny teen romance adventures.

Show is turning to shit. Hopefully s2 gets better.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought this... season 1 was just fucking awesome and incredible. I don't know if the show will be able to repeat that magic. This season has really been too crazy for its own good. There's been a lot of more fan service this season, and I think the writing has suffered as a result. The island storyline has also gotten tired, I hope its not coming back next season.

It doesn't get better IMO, but I'm hoping for an incredible finale to salvage this season.

The Promise is one of the greatest episodes in the series. Season 2 REALLY picks up half way in a very good way. And then...Suicide Squad happens. Let's follow up one of the best episodes - if not THE best - with a total filler episode featuring Diggle and guys we don't care about.

Suicide Squad was a pretty good episode! Shrapnel's hilarious death asides. Deadshot's the best.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Suicide Squad ep was a bit of a let down. Bronze Tiger was completely wasted. I hope they stick around and do another episode. Get Harkness in there once Flash starts up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Suicide Squad episode pushed both Diggle and Deadshot forward as characters, so it's far from filler.

It's filler compared to basically every other episode, but that really speaks to the pace of the show.

Khezu

Some interesting spoiler picks going around right now.

Sara, Ollie, and Roy with a bunch of League of Assassins members standing around looking heroic.

The most interesting part.

Roy has a bow and arrow and a quiver and a domino mask. But still his stupid red hoody lol.

I'd like to tell you all that thanks to the proliferation of the Roy wall flip and car bump gifs that I can never ever take Roy seriously again.

Volotaire

Sara, Ollie, and Roy with a bunch of League of Assassins members standing around looking heroic.

Roy has a bow and arrow and a quiver and a domino mask. But still his stupid red hoody lol.

I had to look, I could not resist! Luckily it wasn't too 'spoilerish' for me.

Any links?

Yeah it looks like they're retiring the Luthor mansion and Verdant (both the club and Arrowcave). It'll be interesting to see where these characters end up living.

But that room is way too small to be a secret hideout :\ It also looks just like a basement and has nowhere near the level of cool as the OG Arrowcave.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Okay, they've teased Harley, the Arrow-cave... this needs to happen next season;

injustice3.jpg

neorej

ERMYGERD!
But Speedy!

:(

Sorry brub, the badass goatee comes first. That carefully shaven half-beard is not cutting it.

He's getting there. I think Ollie hasn't shaven since his mom's funeral, so at this rate, somewhere halfway season 4 we should have something slightly resembling a goatee.

You are missing the obvious. This means we will finally get to see Felicity on the salmon ladder. I am ready.
Unless she's climbing a ladder made of salmon, I don't think she's getting anywhere.

All her Team Arrow mates seem to give her one class each in self defense, and then forget all about her. ;_;

Clevinger

They really turned him into
Red Arrow.

FML.

So much for my
Thea/Speedy
fantasies.

also, I like how
that like one 10 second scene of him practicing with a bow and not being able to hit shit, including a close target, was enough lead up to him now using a bow in combat against an army of dangerous goons. It's not like he was roid-raging or in a coma since then either. No, sir.

Klyka

Banned
also, I like how
that like one 10 second scene of him practicing with a bow and not being able to hit shit, including a close target, was enough lead up to him now using a bow in combat against an army of dangerous goons. It's not like he was roid-raging or in a coma since then either. No, sir.

It's probably more the case of "you need some kind of weapon, here, use this".

V_Arnold

I just realized something! Slade was not a hallucination when Olliver was sick and started seeing "ghosts". He was not. That was just step one in his plan.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
also, I like how
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Arrow is pretty great at introducing new characters, but Roy's progression has been quite blew so far. I liked him better when he was mastering the art of the wallflip.

Secret about the new basement lair is that there are no stairs to the surface, only Salmon ladders.
Oh. My. God.

Blader

The list in season 1 gave Green Arrow a direction. There's hardly any direction in this season so far

While I'm liking season 2 a lot, I agree with this. S1 was more focused while this year has been all over the place in what stories it wants to tell and for how long.

M4rc0s

Neo Member
GOD

WHY COULDN'T IT BE THEAH? I HATE THEA. SHE'S TERRIBLE. SHE'S AN ENDLESS LOOP OF MELODRAMA. I KNEW RIGHT WHEN I SAW THAT OLIVER DIDN'T GO TO THE FUNERAL THAT IT'D CONTINUE HER BEING A FUCKING RETARD AND MAKING MORE FAUX DRAMA.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Chill out, man!

But I agree. SHE'S A FUCKING RETARD!!!!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
While I'm liking season 2 a lot, I agree with this. S1 was more focused while this year has been all over the place in what stories it wants to tell and for how long.

Yup, there's too much going on. I wish they'd kept the Slade/Blood-storyline the main focus and kept the Suicide Squad under wraps for S3 or make it a substitution for the familydrama of either the Queens or Lances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom