• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sorry but Season 2 blew 1 out the water. I mean yeah the first season was great but the Blood angle leading into Slade was a thing of beauty. The episodes itself were great just cause it took awhile to get a direction going doesn't mean anything. Not to mention Slade himself stealing the show the moment he showed up present day.

Manarola

Banned
Yup, there's too much going on. I wish they'd kept the Slade/Blood-storyline the main focus and kept the Suicide Squad under wraps for S3 or make it a substitution for the familydrama of either the Queens or Lances.
Definitely blowing their load too fast. Should have saved the league of shadows stuff too. But I think its one of the pitfalls of network telivision shows that have to fill up 24 episodes

Tabby

"Being a part of the action and being a part of the A story has been great," Katie Cassidy tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I can't wait to be a part of it even more."

Hint Hint
Black Canary?!

The writers already confirmed it, multiple times I think.

Ragnaroz

My friend got a job on the set of Arrow for the 3rd season. He already knows who the villain will be, but can't tell me because of that pesky NDA. xD So jelly.

xtNcmNf.jpg

This is the first picture without her glasses that I actually LIKE.

Me gusta.

Wiktor

Definitely blowing their load too fast. Should have saved the league of shadows stuff too. But I think its one of the pitfalls of network telivision shows that have to fill up 24 episodes

Damn...people are asking for slow pacing? Lol. That's one of the things that makes Arrow so awesome. They don't hold back and just go into overdrive most of the episodes. And it's not really a pitfall of network TV. it's direct opposite of it. In typical network TV it would take the whole season for Diggle to learn Arrow's identity and Malcolm;s story would be dragged into two seasons.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah Thea's character started off a little better at the beginning of season 1, then she went back to complaining about anything and everything. When she started whining about Ollie not going to the funeral I almost wanted to just skip over all her scenes, just another "here we go again" moment with the most accurate and believable depiction of a spoiled white rich bitch I've ever seen on TV.

Sadly I doubt she's going to die tonight. Probably going to go train under Malcolm next season, maybe that will be a good thing though and she'll be gone for a season or two as it'll all probably happen off-screen.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I hope Thea dies tonight. Will feel so good. Terrible character.

Thea can't die she is immortal. The combination of Queen and Meryln blood created something that can not only whine and slur, but can also live for forever causing teen angst till the end of time.

Clevinger

When she started whining about Ollie not going to the funeral I almost wanted to just skip over all her scenes, just another "here we go again" moment with the most accurate and believable depiction of a spoiled white rich bitch I've ever seen on TV.

I don't see the problem with that. Your brother skipping out on your mother's funeral (who was murdered horrifically right in front of you because of him) is a pretty douchy thing to do.

Last season Thea was incredibly annoying because most of what she was whining about was, like you said, spoiled white rich girl problems. But this season she's complaining that her biological father is a mass murderer that killed her brother and her foster father, her mother being complicit in all of that, her brother not even bothering to tell her the truth after his mysterious bullshit almost killed her and did kill her mother, her boyfriend going on a rampage and trying to kill her, her brother knowing about what's going on with Roy and not bothering to tell her etc. She has some damn good things to complain about.

However, the writers still manage to make her unlikable among all this legitimate stuff by having her be an asshole to Diggle while he's protecting her, and her complaining about "her" nightclub and stuff like that. Hats off to them for managing to make what should be a sympathetic character so hard to like.

M4rc0s

Neo Member
Thea can't die she is immortal. The combination of Queen and Meryln blood created something that can not only whine and slur, but can also live for forever causing teen angst till the end of time.

Thea "Pain-in-the-ass-Queen". I can't stop laughing

Joni

Fuck that. Thea is the only character on the show who has such a naive, puritan view of morality. All the lies need to stop! So you're mad at your brother because he didn't tell you who your real father was? He just found out himself, asshole. Expect another rant from Thea about lying tonight.
But Slade never told her Oliver just found out. He told her he always knew.

Clevinger

All the lies need to stop!

When those lies endanger and potentially kill herself and her loved ones, sure. That's a pretty reasonable desire.

So you're mad at your brother because he didn't tell you who your real father was? He just found out himself, asshole.

Oliver maybe should have, I dunno, told her that if he didn't like her indignation. But that would require Oliver revealing something, anything, to her so that can't happen.

Fucking stupid ass teenager.

Yeah, that dumbass cunt, constantly threatened and having no idea why and not liking it. Fuck that bitch.

Joni

She could have asked how long he knew. Instead, she blames everyone for everything without a single ounce of empathy. Thea sucks. One minute she's chummy with a character, the next minute she tells them she wishes they died.
Why would she ask? The one guy that told her the truth also told her how long he knew it. That was a lie, but why would she ask Ollie about that? He also didn't bother denying it, not even when she was talking about Tommy. Also, why ask a guy something when you know he always lies against you?

Joni

So she's more than willing to trust the guy who kidnapped her than own brother. Again, moronic character.

At this point I just want Oliver to tell Thea he's the Arrow and have her die immediately afterwards. Everyone else in the city knows about it, so why not include Thea in the gang? It's hilarious. 2 seasons and it feels like EVERYONE already knows who Oliver is. Even the government.

The 'government' always knew who Arrow was. They were the first ones in on it.

Tugatrix

So she's more than willing to trust the guy who kidnapped her than own brother. Again, moronic character.

At this point I just want Oliver to tell Thea he's the Arrow and have her die immediately afterwards. Everyone else in the city knows about it, so why not include Thea in the gang? It's hilarious. 2 seasons and it feels like EVERYONE already knows who Oliver is. Even the government.

Not everyone Chesthair still doesn't know, how ironic Starling greatest detective

My least favorite character might be Ollie, honestly. He's been such an asshole to his mom and his sister this season with very little justification. The part where he ostracized his mom for sleeping with somebody *while her husband was cheating on her with dozens of women* and well before that man became a madman/criminal mastermind is just... :-I

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Worst characters on Arrow:

1. Thea - Every episode she has something to complain about. Finds out about her true father, is told family will lose their assets if she doesn't sign, doesn't sign, complains a few episodes later that she's poor. Stupid, stupid character.

2. Oliver - Worst hero with a secret identity ever. Everyone knows for practical purposes, and he has done very little this season. I expect him to be able to defeat Slade this via an deus ex machina ghost. Is told his mother had an affair with Malcolm Merlyn, is fine, ostracizes her from his life when he finds out she had his child. Acted like a total jerk to her when she really needed him for among the most petty of reasons. Incompetent, brash character.

3. Tommy - Arrow saves Laurel - his girlfriend - and others multiple times, including his fathers life. Finds out that it's his "best friend" and treats him like shit because he's a "serial murderer." Creates faux drama because Oliver still Laurel. Acts like a dick, thankfully he dies and has a redemption story in the end.

4. Laurel - Jesus H. Christ. Thankfully cool Laurel is back and not that drug head from earlier in the season.

Speaking of which, what is with this shows obsession with "drugs are bad kids" message that is a constant undercurrent in this show? It this common in CW shows? Because it's pretty fucking annoying.

disagree completely on 2, 3, 4; completely agree on #1

my worst character list:
1. Thea
2. Sarah
3. Roy

When those lies endanger and potentially kill herself and her loved ones, sure. That's a pretty reasonable desire.

Oliver maybe should have, I dunno, told her that if he didn't like her indignation. But that would require Oliver revealing something, anything, to her so that can't happen.

Yeah, that dumbass cunt, constantly threatened and having no idea why and not liking it. Fuck that bitch.

I agree that Thea is running out of things to do, which makes her character a drag. Without Roy or Moira she has no one to interact with apart from Ollie, and there's no point dragging out the "why do you keep secrets from me" thread any longer.

Either Ollie tells her that he's the Arrow and she dies shortly after, or, based on the previews, they could do the crazy thing and
have her reunite with Malcolm, who takes her in and starts training her to become some badass assassin lol

Blader

Sin is probably the worst character. She's not even a character, she's a try-hard Mary Sue; she appears out of nowhere and is suddenly in tight with Roy and Thea.

pants

This thread can be as negative as a snowman being shot to the sun, but this is by far the best comic show on TV and I will continue to enjoy it greatly.

Besides, you can tell the negativity is because people like the show

2. Oliver - Worst hero with a secret identity ever. Everyone knows for practical purposes, and he has done very little this season. I expect him to be able to defeat Slade this via an deus ex machina ghost. Is told his mother had an affair with Malcolm Merlyn, is fine, ostracizes her from his life when he finds out she had his child. Acted like a total jerk to her when she really needed him for among the most petty of reasons. Incompetent, brash character.

The weird thing about Oliver is that - as much as Season 2 beats Season 1 in so many ways - he really feels like he's regressed into immaturity this season and has gone back to being the bratty kid he was only pretending to be in S1.

Sort of like how he was also much better at embodying the Green Arrow's liberal-left/populist ideals in S1 and in this season is basically just your usual anti-crime street level superhero.

Season 2 is still awesome because Manu Bennett and because of the general escalation of everything, but it really feels like there's been bizarre backsliding on Ollie's part.

ReiGun

I don't think the tone is negative. There's nothing wrong with poking fun at a silly comic book show, no matter how good it is. Show is great, but it's still full of holes and what the fuck but then it's a comic book story, so it's being faithful to the source material.
Eh, I guess. I just never bought into the "I like this thing...but it sucks and is bad and silly" style of conversation. *shrug*

ReiGun

So basically you don't understand nuance.

I understand nuance just fine. It's just that when I like something, I prefer to talk about why I like it. Or at the very least, I don't see a need to qualify my enjoyment of something by saying "It's actually really awful, tho" which occurs all the time in this thread.

But whatever. My original comment was just a joke. Not something I'm really looking to have a debate about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom