• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

I feel like the flash introduction WS really disconnected from the actual show. I mean he wasn't even wet when we first see him with ollie and the gang. This first shots of him alighting from the train were movie quality

michael-scott-no.gif
[/QUOTE

Yes, secondly I hope Superboy Prime turns up and just wrecks everything.

L1NETT

That's why I'm really not expecting him to show up in the present until Season 6.

Would be a shame. I see your point, but in some ways it does make sense for the natural cyclical conclusion of it all to be a confrontation between Deathstroke and Oliver.

Been reading/watching some stuff about people theorizing that Merlyn and Oliver have to team up in order to stop The League? Personally I could see it, but not for a while. Thea's death (or even harm) could be the catalyst. Merlyn can use the fact he knows Arrow's identity against Oliver.

On the League, I have a feeling they might dip into the DC character base and pull some more assasin's out, not sure who I would favour. Lady Shiva? Doctor Moon?

kazebyaka

Banned
I stand by my exasperation. Just because he was there 5 years doesn't mean that we need 5 seasons of flashbacks. I can't see it being fresh and entertaining that long. It's only S2 of it and I already care less about the Island than the current timeline, with my interest waning more as the season goes on.
well, irc Ollie said that island isn't the only place he's been on in these five years, so maybe we'll get something else.

Cut out the part with Roy's facial expression and it will be perfect. Just Ollie shooting him, then casually walking off as Roy cowers on the ground.

Haven't seen the new episode yet, but I hear it's a good one. I sure hope so cause
I don't like the guy they casted for Flash.

You say that now, and I (and many others) felt the same way. But it only took a few minutes for many of us to love him.

- EW: 'Arrow' ratings up as Barry Allen (The Flash!) joins
Does The CW have another super-hero hit on its hands?

Wednesday night’s Arrow rose slightly ratings for the eagerly awaited introduction of Barry Allen (Glee‘s Grant Gustin), a character destined to become The Flash. In “The Scientist,” Allen was played as a police forensics assistant with a secret; a charmingly beta-male contrast to alpha-Oliver who rather effortlessly wooed Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards).

The episode delivered 3.2 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49, up a tenth of a point this week. Allen is being introduced gradually on Arrow, but The CW is also shooting a stand-alone The Flash pilot episode directed David Nutter.

Flash pilot directed by the guy who did the "Red Wedding" Game of Thrones episode.

And the pilots for Arrow, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Supernatural, Smallville, Dark Angel, Roswell, Millennium, Space: Above and Beyond, and many great episodes of X-Files (including the masterful "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose). He also directed the movie Disturbing Behavior.

Nutter has done a ton of pilot episodes over the years including Arrow, Millennium, Supernatural, Terminator: TSCC, The Mentalist, etc...

Cornballer beating me to it.

Joni

As much as I would like to see Ammell star in hollywood blockbuster JLA this is one of the reasons why I hope the TV and movie universes stay separate, because if they are connected you can bet the shows won't be able to take A-list villains like Ra's and actually have them appear on the show.
They won't re-use Ra's for the movies anyway. They will use Joker in this cycle, but I wouldn't expect Bane or Ra's. The fact they can mention him, already shows DC doesn't care about him at the moment.

Diggle: And you think this Ivo's in Starling City?
Oliver: He's dead. And so is everyone that he injected with the serum. The last of which...I burned.
Ollie injected Slade. So :)

NaviLink

Awesome episode on all fronts, the change of pace is a good thing.
The whole love triangle was pretty funny. And damn Emily Bett Rickards is so pretty/cute/hot/sexy/funny/addyourshere.

Well, I was clearly wrong on the whole Ollie-burning-Slade thing.

I'm pretty hyped that David Nutter is doing the Flash pilot as well. Amell appeared on a fan podcast thing, and he credited Nutter's work on the pilot as the flashpoint for all the best stuff about the show.

Flash logo

4BM71j0.jpg

Neat. Bit more whimsical than the Arrow logo.

Barry's got Jungle fever?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49531

Would be an interesting twist.

Jungle fever? LOL. That made me crack up a bit.

So his love interest will be the daughter of the detective that took him in and raised him. Reading those character descriptions makes me pretty interested.

Any casting ideas for Iris and Detective West?

very interesting!

I'll assume they get the right actor as they have been for everyone save Laurel.

Definitely. I have complete faith in CW's casting choices. They've nailed every time. Plus, when they cast Grant, they had a chemistry test with Emily to ensure that they would have great chemistry and it shows. I expect the same thing for this show (even more since it'll be a more lighthearted show).

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with Katie Cassidy. She is a great actor. She was excellent on Supernatural. No, her problem is that the writers can't write Laurel's character well or consistent. That's the main problem. Katie Cassidy does what she can with what she has.

Still waiting for Ruby-Cassidy to reappear on Arrow. They haven't given Laurel a chance to be badass and have it be convincing.

30139269-30139272-large.jpg

Great episode overall. Didn't care for Felicity being all over Barry, pretty much rules out her and Ollie, at least for awhile. I really hope they don't have her like, switch over to the Flash show to be his love interest, that would ruin the dynamic of the show.

Overall I was really dreading the introduction of super powers, but Season 2 has slowly upped the unrealistic stuff and they did it in a way that wasn't completely ridiculous, so I'm not too upset.

ReiGun

Iris West isn't an African-American.

I don't know man, with all these DC news lately I feel like I'm the only one to not be mad about anything.
Let me rage in peace.

At least wait until they introduce black Wally to rage.

Oh man, I can't wait for that news to hit in like season 2 of the show. People are gonna go off. lol

Wiktor

Having Iris and her dad be black will help avoiding rehashing Arrow formula.

Now we only need The White Driver to appear on Arrow.

I don't know man, with all these DC news lately I feel like I'm the only one to not be mad about anything.
We should start a new controversy about Slade being half blackface ;)

Viewt

Kerry Washington would be great, but I think she's a bit older than the guy they've got playing Barry, plus she's already got a show.

They've gotta get someone young who can pull off that spark of curiosity and determination that Iris has. She's kind of like Veronica Mars, but a reporter. It's too bad Janelle Monae isn't an actor, because her look is PERFECT.

Vibe-Vixen-Janelle-Monae-image-11.jpg

Emwitus

She looks great but actors would be preferable. They have tons on nick that never get jobs elsewhere. I'd like to see them get a chance on this show.

It's interesting that when people mention beautiful black women they always bring up people who have facial features that wouldn't be amiss in a group of Caucasian women.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
CW just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about white people (I'm an expert), but being white is huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Fox where you can become successful by casting black people. If you cast more than one black person on a show, you upset the ratio, and the only way to fix the ratio is killing off black characters.

What this means is the Nielsen viewers, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch The Flash on the CW, nor will they watch any CW's shows. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but CW has alienated an entire market with this move.

CW, publicly apologize and cast white people for Iris and Detective West or you can kiss your ratings goodbye.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Fantastic episode. God damn, this show... It may not be Breaking Bad, but fuck me if it isn't fun. Season 2 has generally been really good.

Grant was super charming, especially with Felicity. Can't wait to see his spin-off.

Moira dropping Ra's' name like it was fucking nothing.... *slowclap*

And Ollie just shooting Roy through the leg. God damnit. GOD DAMNIT.

AND NO LAUREL! THANK FUCKING GOD! Hopefully the writers are taking a serious look at how to not make her totally suck. Or how to kill her off and have Sara take her identity to lose the League of Assassins' trail...

CW just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about white people (I'm an expert), but being white is huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Fox where you can become successful by casting black people. If you cast more than one black person on a show, you upset the ratio, and the only way to fix the ratio is killing of black characters.

What this means is the Nielsen viewers, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch The Flash on the CW, nor will they watch any CW's shows. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but CW has alienated an entire market with this move.

CW, publicly apologize and cast a white people for Iris and Detective West or you can kiss your ratings goodbye.

i6RWnmv6zWg9n.gif

Someone better quote gorn's post for the new page, cause that is gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom