• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

final ratings in; Arrow adjusted up to a 1.2

tomorrow people adjusted down to a 0.6
sorry Allant and whoever else cares

So how is that going to work if Arrow has 7 seasons?
Sounds awful to me.

Flashbacks to seasons 1+2 in seasons 6+7!

Maybe there's a 2-5 year time jump between season 5+6 where he's rescued from ANOTHER mysterious island so there will be flashbacks to THAT island.

Really, the creative possibilities are endless!

Jonogunn

I don't know much bout flash's character and from what I saw on the show I didn't like.

He's too young I feel and I just don't see this skinny kid as a superhero and being able to lead his own show.

Can someone list the reasons why everyone liked what they saw in him? He just felt too comical to be a superhero and in the same universe as Ollie. Kinda like huntress felt out of place but black canary was totally believable.

I don't know much bout flash's character and from what I saw on the show I didn't like.

He's too young I feel and I just don't see this skinny kid as a superhero and being able to lead his own show.

Can someone list the reasons why everyone liked what they saw in him? He just felt too comical to be a superhero and in the same universe as Ollie. Kinda like huntress felt out of place but black canary was totally believable.

He was charming and personable.

Looks like a Q&A through Stephen Amell's Facebook is coming tonight. I love that he posts the gifs like we do as well. Perhaps he really is one of us!

Stephen Amell said:
Q & A is rolling out early evening. Lots of stuff to address.

tumblr_mxabainzGq1t5blyuo1_400.gif

Ok the UK has finally caught up with you guys once more, so here are my thoughts.

Felicity - damn. Great dresses, cute foot in mouth lines, and taking the lead with Barry, nice! If you remember Ollie basically told her in the last ep that he couldn't be with anyone he cared about, so I don't think she's just stopped liking him, she's just trying to move on.

I really liked Barry, nice touch with him carrying the magazine with the particle accelerator on the cover in the beginning, but I do think that's a massive red herring, the scene with the chemicals was way more of a tease. I don't know much about the Flash so didn't know who he was referring to in the Blur, but it's nice that they add easter eggs in for the comic fans.

Ollie was great this ep, back to his batshit crazy ways shooting Roy in the leg, getting a little jealous of Barry, and nice to see him getting his ass kicked by a supe, more realistic than him beating the guy.

Overall a brilliant ep, I'm so hyped for next week! Speaking of which, I definitely think that looks like Slade in Starling in the extended promo. Not sure if it's really him or a hallucination though. If he is just imaginary then he is the third ghost. Shado is ghost of the past, which tells me she did die on the island. Tommy is ghost of present, as he died most recently and is still kinda haunting Ollie, keeping him not killing people. Slade ghost of future because he is due to turn up in Starling for real at some point.

I don't think they'll wait for the end of the island arc for that either, they have to bring him in sooner. I'm quite happy with the island arc lasting 5 seasons, I think there's a lot more they can do with it.

Barry Allen as a character in the comics is just a boring good guy. They tried retrofitting him by giving him a tragic past (originally he was just raised normally by his loving parents and just got into a freak accident, but this was changed when Geoff John's started writing for him and created a ham handed back story of a father killing his mother and a hidden killer behind it).

People think Superman is boring but Barry one ups him in that regard. He was only ever interesting when he was dead and his successor and nephew, Wally West took over and put him on a pedestal. He was the greatest hero of our time saving the multiverse, but he had absolutely no personality.

This version of the character has the sickly sweet innocence going for him thats very charming as well as being Peter Parkerish in his enthusiasm for crime scenes and SCIENCE! so that's why I dig this version.

Jonogunn

That's true I guess.

I think my problem is Arrow is a world where the characters need extensive training to be able to fight the way they do.

Barry Allen looks like he has zero fighting skills and is so skinny.

That's true I guess.

I think my problem is Arrow is a world where the characters need extensive training to be able to fight the way they do.

He doesn't need fighting skills when he has super speed.

Looks like a Q&A through Stephen Amell's Facebook is coming tonight. I love that he posts the gifs like we do as well. Perhaps he really is one of us!

He isn't the best actor around but I can't help but like the dude.
he is the definitive Green Arrow for me even over the older comic versions.

Tabby

I genuinely love the guy.
Interacts with fans and takes time out of his day to do QNA.
Whether you hate Arrow or not, you can't deny he's a likeable individual.

Penguin

That's true I guess.

But that's the point

He didn't train to become a hero.
He wasn't born with powers
It's just a random accident that he makes the best out of

Kevin

Definitely one of the best currently running tv shows. Every single episode this season, for me has been really great. Like no complaints at all.

Can any one explain to me why you like it in specifics because I watched the first 5 eps and i don't understand the appeal. I find Amell to be a terrible actor and the modern takes on the characters terrible and cliche.

Also how to spoiler tag

Penguin

Can any one explain to me why you like it in specifics because I watched the first 5 eps and i don't understand the appeal. I find Amell to be a terrible actor and the modern takes on the characters terrible and cliche.

Also how to spoiler tag

To each his own

I mean you gave it 5 episodes and didn't care, I wouldn't expect much to change.

I love it because it knows what it wants to be, and doesn't hide from that. It's a really fun action/adventure drama with a great cast of characters

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;92578453 said:
Dat Felicity/Barry romance starting up; Ollie going full jelly. As much as I love Felicity, where was my Laurel this entire episode?
She'll be in next week's episode...
iy9j7mAd1B5EK.gif

ReiGun

ijCWS7fiEPkV6.gif

I'm still tripping off this scene. He just shoots Roy and leaves the poor bastard in dark alley in the worst part of town.

You just know some hobo took Roy's wallet as soon as Oliver was out of sight.

ijCWS7fiEPkV6.gif

I'm still tripping off this scene. He just shoots Roy and leaves the poor bastard in dark alley in the worst part of town.

You just know some hobo took Roy's wallet as soon as Oliver was out of sight.

Oliver is still a fucking crazy person and I love it so much.

God, that's gonna make it so awkward when Thea and Roy find out Oliver's secret.

Replicant

Ripclawe said:

Oh. I had forgotten what a lunatic Ollie can be at times.

A lot of that list seems to be GIFs that have little to do with the reason its paired with, and some very opinionated reasoning... "Agents of SHIELD" is around because of Arrow? Really?

She needs to join NeoGAF if she hasn't already. She'd feel right at home with her GIFs. tumblr would do the job too.

Rokam

Q&A is up, just now starting to watch. Will post anything really important. Mostly just behind the scenes stuff, but it's a good listen. Questions were pre-screened by him.

-Best episode ever next week, which will more than likely be beat out by episode 11... and then 13. Amell hype train never stops.
-
Favorite scene he's shot so far is in episode 12 after a huge explosion.

kmag

Also how to spoiler tag

To be fair to the show it really doesn't get going til about midway through the 1st season. But there's enough there in the 1st 10 or so episodes that if you really don't like it then you probably won't.

And to be fair to Amell he says he's playing Ollie as someone who has PSTD and has been deadened by what he's experienced but is trying to act normally. He also gets better has he goes on and there is 3 distinct Ollie's; the arrow; the playboy; and the damaged person he is around Diggle and Felicity.

WarMacheen

Q&A is up, just now starting to watch. Will post anything really important. Mostly just behind the scenes stuff, but it's a good listen. Questions were pre-screened by him.

-Best episode ever next week, which will more than likely be beat out by episode 11... and then 13. Amell hype train never stops.
-

Watching Q&A

Arm wrestling

"Clearly Diggle would kick the shit out of all of us"

Subitai

-
Thanks!

-
Winter has come...to Vancouver!
-
Duck Dynasty guys like the show!

Cynar

Iris West isn't an African-American.

I don't know man, with all these DC news lately I feel like I'm the only one to not be mad about anything.
Let me rage in peace.
They can make her whatever they want. It's a good way to do it rather than how Marvel handled Ultimate Spiderman. I'd rather have had a black Peter Parker than have Miles Morales. I'm so disappointed in comics now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom