• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm requoting this cause it's too funny:

CW just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about white people (I'm an expert), but being white is huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Fox where you can become successful by casting black people. If you cast more than one black person on a show, you upset the ratio, and the only way to fix the ratio is killing off black characters.

What this means is the Nielsen viewers, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch The Flash on the CW, nor will they watch any CW's shows. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but CW has alienated an entire market with this move.

CW, publicly apologize and cast white people for Iris and Detective West or you can kiss your ratings goodbye.

so how was the flashs speed handled. did it look good. Man of stele set the4 bar on what flashes powers should look like

He doesn't have his powers yet.

Why don't you just watch the episode?

ReiGun

I don't know how much the rest of you know about white people (I'm an expert), but being white is huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Fox where you can become successful by casting black people. If you cast more than one black person on a show, you upset the ratio, and the only way to fix the ratio is killing off black characters.

What this means is the Nielsen viewers, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch The Flash on the CW, nor will they watch any CW's shows. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but CW has alienated an entire market with this move.

CW, publicly apologize and cast white people for Iris and Detective West or you can kiss your ratings goodbye.

I've seen this meme a million times, but the first two sentences still killed me.

Cabaratier

Neo Member
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

Here's a spoiler free primer for next Wednesday's mid-season finale.

1. Barry Allen.
2. The title Three Ghosts has an obvious Christmas tie-in.
3. I've never been so surprised and happy while reading a script. Ever.
4. First ever fight in the Arrow Cave.
5. My daughter was born while we filmed this episode.
6. Again... Not everybody makes it.
7. It has the title belt as the best episode we've ever done.

I'm sure these 6 days will absolutely FLY BY.

Amell Hype train full steam ahead. He's said this before hasn't he? I don't remember if was true then, but exciting nonetheless.

Emwitus

This has to be sarcasm, right?

EDIT: Hahaha amiroxed it, alright. You got me.

Yards

Banned

Thank you for this.

Flasicity forever.

That sounds like a limp dick issue.

this sounds a little more joyfull ;)

Look for the Baricity
The simple Baricity
Forget about Ollie and your strife
I mean the Baricity
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the Baricity to life
[/jungle book]

ijCWS7fiEPkV6.gif

ibqa29qcqRzvWW.gif

I want to believe this is the reference they were trying to make.

Why exactly did they drug Barry at the end if they were going to reveal everything to him any way?

Seriously, now they had to wait for the sedative to wear off before he would be alert enough to actually be of any help. I think changing his clothes and paying for a doctor to be extra discreet in a private wing of the hospital would have been a better route to take...
But you know Felicity wants Baricity to happen, so any excuse for her to expedite that is her first option.

BTW, anyone make any jokes about Felicity experiencing hot flashes tonight?
But she hasn't experienced a "Hot Flash" just yet ;)

Tactics18

Great episode.
Grant really surprised me, and the music for Barry was terrific.

Am I the only one that read into Diggles "What's next, Aliens?" remark?

This week;s io9 recap for Arrow is up: http://io9.com/arrow-will-make-you-want-to-marry-barry-allen-1476967158

Surprise surprise, they adore Barry Allen's bambi-ness. Really funny one this week.

The break-in turns out to be at a Queen Consolidated warehouse, and so Felicity, Ollie and Dig all head to the break-in site and puzzle over the stolen centrifuge and the snapped necks of the security guards. In comes the man we've been waiting for — Barry Allen, who is part of Central City CSI. He tells the Arrow crew that he worked a similar case in Central City, and gives them various clues, but I don't listen because my god, it's like someone personified Bambi. It's like someone gave an eagle scout the soulful gaze of John Keats. It's unreal. With his cute little white-soled shoes and his big wet eyes, he's like a young David Tennant as the Doctor and Felicity takes to him exactly like the Whovian we know she is.

While Felicity patches up his wounds, Ollie recounts that, during his time on the island, he fought people like this. The flashback shows Ollie, Shado, and Sarah hauling a dying Slade through the forest to the worst-hidden submarine ever. Seriously, it's just sitting there on the surface of the water, in a little bay. How did anyone not find that? At least the Island Crew was distracted by Ollie learning that Shado and Slade now like each other, and Shado learning that Ollie was a cheating bag of shit in his former life. It's interesting. If you concentrate on her face you can actually see her love for him die.

At the end of the night, Ollie and Thea console Moira (who has just been talking to a strange man), but Moira in no way needs consoling. Instead she pours herself a drink and waits for Barrowman to walk his chin cleft through the door. She then points out the League of Assasssins frowns on earthquake machines and Ra's Al Ghul was grateful for the information that Barrowman was still alive. Give Barrowman credit. He smirked his way into that house and he damn well smirks his way out, saying to Moira that it "isn't finished." I hope not, you marvelous, siberian-husky-eyed psycho. I hope not.

Ollie, who is peeved about the party, and who has just found out that the ketamine in Grundy's system came from a certain place, has to make a quick stop by Roy's special alley. Roy, Thea, and Sin have been tracking down a missing artist friend of Sin's. They find him dead, supposedly overdosed, and bleeding from the eyes — like all of Brother Blood's victims. Roy wants Ollie to look into it, and wants to help. Ollie is not looking for help. Roy says that he "has friends," and that Ollie "can't stop" him. Ollie mutters, "I can slow you down," and shoots Roy through the leg, and leaves him, bleeding and hobbled, in a filthy alley in a bad part of town. Okay. I am now going to pause so I can get down on my knees and thank god that I was here see this moment. That's how fun that was.

Clevinger

It's too bad Annie Ilonzeh was cast in a garbage role on Arrow. She might have been good in The Flash.

I stand by my exasperation. Just because he was there 5 years doesn't mean that we need 5 seasons of flashbacks. I can't see it being fresh and entertaining that long. It's only S2 of it and I already care less about the Island than the current timeline, with my interest waning more as the season goes on.

Unfortunately, the producers keep saying that they want the flashbacks to run as long as the show does. And I think it was Amell this season who said they're planning to make him getting rescued the last scene of the show.

Which sounds awful.

Ithil

I hope they're not trying to go for a "pair the spares" thing with Felicity and the Flash. I hate when shows just dump seasons worth of development for an out of nowhere and forced romance.

No Laurel this episode really helped the show.

This picture just reminds me how much better it would be if Scagliotti were Sin. ;/

Unfortunately, the producers keep saying that they want the flashbacks to run as long as the show does. And I think it was Amell this season who said they're planning to make him getting rescued the last scene of the show.

Which sounds awful.

I am not down. At all. If they really follow through with that then maybe WB/CW hasn't actually improved that much since Smallville.

Tabby

It's too bad Annie Ilonzeh was cast in a garbage role on Arrow. She might have been good in The Flash.

Which sounds awful.

So how is that going to work if Arrow has 7 seasons?
Sounds awful to me.

Tabby

tumblr_mwnekzSnfh1qhjjceo2_250.gif

there's no need for her to return
I was in /r/Arrow
and I came across a picture of
Moira running for mayor. posters and signs of Moira 2014
I would find a link but I'm at work.

Promo pictures show...
Roy getting captured by Brother Blood? Or is that someone else.

Effect

I don't know about anyone else but I'm very much okay with Sarah coming back to the city and taking over Laurel's identity if they kill her off. I know what it is but I can't stop staring at Caity Lotz when she's on screen. Likely the eyes that just grab me.

I hope they kill off Roy. I hate Roy.

This seasons been great. I'm glad they
brought back Malcolm. Barrowman is just awesome in most things he does

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Brother Blood revealed to be behind the missing/OD'd people and some crazy spin after the fact.

Yeah but
I'm sure a large part of the city still hates her for her part in destroying the Glades... unless she kills the rest of Starling City. Oh shit! Ra's has imbued her with new sense and purpose!

Yeah but
I'm sure a large part of the city still hates her for her part in destroying the Glades... unless she kills the rest of Starling City. Oh shit! Ra's has imbued her with new sense and purpose!

lol. That was the whole "crazy spin" part. They'll pull some crazy late reveal that will fool the populace. I mean, if the picture is real.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This picture just reminds me how much better it would be if Scagliotti were Sin. ;/

I am not down. At all. If they really follow through with that then maybe WB/CW hasn't actually improved that much since Smallville.

Yeah I mean the island stuff has been quality thus far so I have no complaints, but when I first heard they wanted to stretch it to 5 years I was kind of upset. At some point I'd like them to wrap up the island stuff, no more secrets of the past, and just delve into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom