• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowverse: CW Teases more potential Spinoffs ""We're in very early talks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

With the success of The Flash and Arrow on The CW (the former's premiere was the highest-rated telecast in the network's history) and an ever-increasing number of comic book series on television, fans are wondering when - not if - we'll see the Arrow/Flash universe expand.

Soon enough, it seems. At today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour CW president Mark Pedowitz revealed that they were in very early talks to do an additional spinoff series. The question is: Which character might we see get his or her own show?

During The Flash/Arrow panel, executive producer Greg Berlanti was asked if an Atom spinoff was something he was actively pursing, to which he said: “We’re in very early talks in a very general way that we haven’t gone deeper on yet."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Send me to the friendzone if old.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Weekly Diggster Show

MOqAti7.jpg

I've heard nothing of the sort. I mean it's possible but it's not written in stone especially with Geoff Johns running the licensing.

We've already had Batman villains on.

Johns has specifically said there's no plans for Batman or Superman on TV, though not because of Gotham but because they're focusing on them for the movies. Villains are apparently slightly different and I have no clue what the deal is with the Bat Family in general (with Teen Titans in the works Nightwing should be there).

Johns has specifically said there's no plans for Batman or Superman on TV, though not because of Gotham but because they're focusing on them for the movies. Villains are apparently slightly different and I have no clue what the deal is with the Bat Family in general (with Teen Titans in the works Nightwing should be there).

The Big Two, sure. I can see the family showing up. Especially with Nightwing already coming to TV.

Effect

Probably want to save him for a movie so that they can kill him off.

Ted maybe. Jamie would be ideal for a film though. That's the version they went with for Young Justice and Smallville. I would love it if Booster Gold got pushed to the film side though. That could be a fun film.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Give me dr midnite cw, and ill watch something other than supernatural on your network.

Why can't they use Blue Beetle? What important thing is DC using him in?

It's very weird, and seems completely asinine to keep him out of the Arrowverse due to vague plans in an unrelated continuity. In comics, they also introduced the New 52 Ted Kord in Forever Evil, and it was promised that he'd play a major role in Justice League going forward, but evidently plans changed because he hasn't appeared since, IIRC.

On the other hand, a pre-New 52 Ted Kord is in JL3000, so... honestly, I have no idea at all.

Akahige

Give me a female lead live action show.
Awesome! Art style looks solid; I just hope the animation is of similar quality to what we've come to expect from previous DC shows. I wonder if Vixen will show up in the live action shows (assuming she hasn't shown up already - I'm behind). Be amazing to see a character transcend media like that.
I like that sound of that.

Kouichi

I'll be shocked if they don't do this. The characters have already been established and several of them are also fan favorites.

My worry is that the upcoming movie might prevent it. Though that didn't stop Flash, so I'm hopeful.

Man, having a movie and TV series for Suicide Squad would be so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom