• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowverse: CW Teases more potential Spinoffs ""We're in very early talks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I would watch a Diggle show

RFstfX3.jpg

Suicide Squad summer series starring Manu Bennet.

Suicide_Squad_logo.JPG

hKD5rwh.png
th74WUI.jpg
zZczRGF.jpg
IrRRNxb.png

Slayven

JLI outsold Jaime Beetle by far. So careful which fanbase you shit on. You take yours with, punkin. ;)

Of course a Justice League book is going to out sell anything not named Flash, Batman, or Superman. Folks weren't buying it for Godiva and Booster.

Slayven

I doubt for booster and ted. That would be like me saying scott free or ray were popular because of jli.

Now Scott Free that is something screaming for a show. They could do him as a fish out of water, mixed with a secret Invasion.

And the Wonder Wagon.

Said it before, I'd love a Doctor Fate show.

CW pls.

That would be cool, I think magic is the core element they're missing. They've got metas covered with flash/supergirl and a batman-like with arrow. So Zatanna (maybe), Shazam (unlikely, but they did try to pitch together a show in late 00's), Dr. Fate (They had an easter egg on constantine, might be off limits), Phantom Stranger (don't think so) and Spectre are the most recognizable magic figures.

Personally I think a 70's spectre would be awesome, done in style of the short animated film they did on him. A bit of crime solving and horror.

The Question is a fantastic choice but I can imagine how fucking insufferable many people will be if they use the Renee Montoya incarnation.

Hagi

The Question is a fantastic choice but I can imagine how fucking insufferable many people will be if they use the Renee Montoya incarnation.

I think the world would implode if we had an amazing Renee as the Question and runner up for worst onscreen character ever on a comic adaptation running at the same time.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dig's gonna be revealed as Jon Stewart Diggle... right?

Cupid was awful.

Awful.

If any, she should be replaced by Huntress.

woah, what? i thought the actress really nailed the "crazy"

Haven't there been rumors of a Titans/Arrowverse link?

is this true?

i'm a lttle sketchy on what we know about supergirl / teen titans - are either of them confirmed to be Arrowverse?

kmfdmpig

I doubt for booster and ted. That would be like me saying scott free or ray were popular because of jli.

Blue and Gold were, by far, the main characters in JLI. Those of us who loved JLI back in the day will be fans of Ted and Booster because of that. If the argument is that it's been so long that many of them are out of comics now then that might be true, but historically Ted was a much more popular character than Jaime.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Suicide Squad with Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, Cupid, and Clock King. Deathstroke as foil.

Mindwipe

I can totally see how a Zatanna/Doctor Fate show could work. I feel like Atom would be a slightly worse rehash of The Flash on TV.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Blue and Gold were, by far, the main characters in JLI. Those of us who loved JLI back in the day will be fans of Ted and Booster because of that. If the argument is that it's been so long that many of them are out of comics now then that might be true, but historically Ted was a much more popular character than Jaime.

because they didnt rotate out like the others. honestly guy felt like a bigger deal than blue and gold

Suicide Squad, starring:

Deathstroke

3680811-tumblr_mzuc0s2kg51sccx9jo1_500.gif

Deadshot

deadshot1heisk.gif

Cupid

tumblr_inline_neyhflTTZn1r7vlsl.gif

Huntress

tumblr_inline_mx8wwqoGwB1qigvht.gif

Bronze Tiger

tiger3qakzf.gif

Captain Boomerang

2j21p.gif

Give Huntress and Cupid a Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn dynamic, Boomerang is pissed off all the time, and Deadshot is the team comedian. Deathstroke leads them, and Bronze Tiger is the most dangerous hand-to-hand combatant.

I think it'd be cool if they did Sandman.

sandman_low.jpg

Though I've hammered on that idea a lot.

I was thinking if you had Arrow be a gritty crime drama, and Flash be a more idealistic heroic drama, then Sandman would be a creepy horror-oriented psychological thriller.

I am still shocked that Red Hood has not made his TV debut yet...

tumblr_ncy4m4CYA81th0qz2o1_500.jpg

ReiGun

That would be cool, I think magic is the core element they're missing. They've got metas covered with flash/supergirl and a batman-like with arrow. So Zatanna (maybe), Shazam (unlikely, but they did try to pitch together a show in late 00's), Dr. Fate (They had an easter egg on constantine, might be off limits), Phantom Stranger (don't think so) and Spectre are the most recognizable magic figures.

Personally I think a 70's spectre would be awesome, done in style of the short animated film they did on him. A bit of crime solving and horror.

They're doing magic now if Vixen, technically.

Hopefully the animated series leads to a live action presence.

Suicide Squad, starring:

Deathstroke

3680811-tumblr_mzuc0s2kg51sccx9jo1_500.gif

Deadshot

deadshot1heisk.gif

Cupid

tumblr_inline_neyhflTTZn1r7vlsl.gif

Huntress

tumblr_inline_mx8wwqoGwB1qigvht.gif

Bronze Tiger

tiger3qakzf.gif

Captain Boomerang

2j21p.gif

Give Huntress and Cupid a Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn dynamic, Boomerang is pissed off all the time, and Deadshot is the team comedian. Deathstroke leads them, and Bronze Tiger is the most dangerous hand-to-hand combatant.
Everyone will still job to Ollie

Drakeon

Manhunter or Question show please. I think both especially the latter would work well for TV.

Fuuuuck I'd kill for a Question show. It'd be so goddamn awesome.

Best of all, it'd be low budget, so it could easily work, especially within the Arrow/Flash-verse.

Something like Green Lantern is just impossible on the small screen due to budget constraints.

Mr. Terrific wouldn't be a bad choice either, although maybe a little too similar to Arrow with Ray Palmer being involved over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom