• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowverse: CW Teases more potential Spinoffs ""We're in very early talks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Martian Manhunter. Set before current Arrowverse in the late 70s/early 80s. J'onn J'onzz is a detective that uses his incredible powers to solve crimes and save the world.

Oh, and he looks like this:

zDEm5NC.jpg

Martian Manhunter. Set before current Arrowverse in the late 70s/early 80s. J'onn J'onzz is a detective that uses his incredible powers to solve crimes and save the world.

Oh, and he looks like this:

zDEm5NC.jpg
I don't want them to turn Diggle into an alien.

I'm sure we can find something just as sexy and keep him (mostly) human.

Joni

They really need to get Supergirl and Titans in this universe before they think about any other spin-offs.

Wiktor

They really need to get Supergirl and Titans in this universe before they think about any other spin-offs.

Those are on different networks though. WHile the creators might be in some cases the same, CW as a network will still want 3rd Arrowerse show and it would make sense for it to wait.

ReiGun

Where would the new shows even go? Is the end game to have a DC show on every night?

They got Flash, Arrow, and iZombie. Vixen and Suicide Squad could spin out from there. In fact, I imagine those are at least the two they're considering.

Joni

Those are on different networks though. WHile the creators might be in some cases the same, CW as a network will still want 3rd Arrowerse show and it would make sense for it to wait.
While they want a third Arrowverse show, they need to consider they'd be spreading Team Berlanti very thin. They need to launch Supergirl which is important for both owners of The CW and they need to work on Vixen, the animated spin-off they're developing. At the same time, you can have brand synergy with TNT for Titans by mixing it up in the Arrowverse but which would again put a bit more stress on Team Berlanti for next year. Combine that with a very busy line-up and I'd rather have them prepare their next spin-off next season instead of this one although The Atom spin-off would be welcome.

Where would the new shows even go?
That is the question on everyone's mind when it concerns The CW's next year line-up thanks to their entire renewed line-up.

I kinda hope we don't get another show until Arrow is done. Having more than two on at the same time seems like overkill. So give Arrow two more seasons to make it a nice round five to finish off the flashback stuff, wrap up the show, then the next year do a new show.

Wiktor

While they want a third Arrowverse show, they need to consider they'd be spreading Team Berlanti very thin. They need to launch Supergirl which is important for both owners of The CW and they need to work on Vixen, the animated spin-off they're developing. At the same time, you can have brand synergy with TNT for Titans by mixing it up in the Arrowverse but which would again put a bit more stress on Team Berlanti for next year. Combine that with a very busy line-up and I'd rather have them prepare their next spin-off next season instead of this one although The Atom spin-off would be welcome.

I think at some point they will either need a new team or infuse Berlanti team with some other high quality showrunners.

And yeah, Atom is fine character, but as a lead in his own series? A bit meh. Would also seem to similiar to science-heavy focus of Flash.

Joni

I think at some point they will either need a new team or infuse Berlanti team with some other high quality showrunners.
Certainly, especially with the chance Booster Gold could also still happen on which Kreisberg has worked for SyFy. Too bad DeKnight was taken by DareDevil. They should have stolen him from Spartacus too.

Wiktor

Certainly, especially with the chance Booster Gold could also still happen on which Kreisberg has worked for SyFy. Too bad DeKnight was taken by DareDevil. They should have stolen him from Spartacus too.

Yeah. Also shame they let Craig Silverstein slip into AMC for TURN.

Why didn't they just leave routh as superman and have him be in a superman spinoff show. This is baloney that would be like when Samuel l Jackson shows up in agents of shield he plays as blade or something.

Wiktor

Why didn't they just leave routh as superman and have him be in a superman spinoff show. This is baloney that would be like when Samuel l Jackson shows up in agents of shield he plays as blade or something.

You mean the same way how it was balooney that the guy who played Human Torch suddenly became Captain America?

ReiGun

Because Henry Cavill is Superman and Superman is a movie only character.

They're doing magic now if Vixen, technically.

Hopefully the animated series leads to a live action presence.

Yeah technically but she hasn't really been into the magic world as heavily as Dr. Fate or Zatanna though (atleast in the stories I read, she's been pretty grounded until she went inside her totem when it stopped working). It really depends on how grounded CW wants to go, personally I think it would be awesome to see different astral planes and things like the Tower of Fate. Then again the budget is probably limited for these sorts of things but I was satisfied enough with Flash's effects and
Firestorm

Things would be different if Constantine was on CW

I haven't watched the show but I feel as if the quality of the show is what fails to catch on rather than the actual magic aspect of it. Reviews of the show seem to be mixed. NBC's audience could also be older and less inclined to watch super hero stuff.

Looks like the CW is considering an Atom spinoff series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/11/the-flash-and-arrow-cw-teases-more-potential-spinoffs

I don't know, it could maybe work but I think I would prefer something else personally.

I like ray on the show but I don't know if his character can carry his own show. Maybe they should wait and see how the world receives another shrinking man :p.

I like the idea of firestorm better though. I'm also up for the idea of Diggle becoming a lantern, though I don't know if the Arrow can take the loss of Diggle.

Where would the new shows even go? Is the end game to have a DC show on every night?

They got Flash, Arrow, and iZombie. Vixen and Suicide Squad could spin out from there. In fact, I imagine those are at least the two they're considering.

Suicide Squad would be perfect as a miniseries during an Arrow break.
Kinda like AoS and Carter.

Wiktor

Suicide Squad would be perfect as a miniseries during an Arrow break.
Kinda like AoS and Carter.

CW's boss has said the 2016 summer will be insane. I would be shocked if they didn't have some short DC series there. Suicide Squad propably is unfortunatelly out if the question because of close proximity to movie, but maybe they could make Secret Six instead?

or you know what? Just name the mini series Taskforce X to avoid confusion :D

Yes gimmie more

also CW just renames it the DC network already

Superheroes are the new cop/lawyer show.

How many comic properties are on TV currently or set to begin development in the next year?

Green Arrow
Flash
Daredevil
Constantine
Agents of Shield
Agent Carter
Gotham (though not really superhero since everything but Batman is in it)

In devlopment:

Supergirl
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Krypton
Preacher
Luke Cage

Wiktor

How many comic properties are on TV currently or set to begin development in the next year?

Green Arrow
Flash
Daredevil
Constantine
Agents of Shield
Agent Carter

In devlopment:

Supergirl
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Krypton
Preacher
Luke Cage

There's also upcoming iZombie

And in development:
Lucifer
Scalped
Teen Titans
DMZ
Global Frequency
Ronin

Penguin

Green Arrow
Flash
Daredevil
Constantine
Agents of Shield
Agent Carter

In devlopment:

Supergirl
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Krypton
Preacher
Luke Cage

To be fair... at least to me... there's more variety in them than cop shows

With pure heroics like Flash/Arrow, cop-drama with Gotham (and lesser extent Constantine) and spy-adventure with Agent Carter.

Joni

There's also upcoming iZombie

And in development:
Lucifer
Scalped
Teen Titans
DMZ
Global Frequency
Ronin
Booster Gold might also still be in talks over at SyFy. So everybody is looking at superheroes in one way or another, even if the plans might fall through.

Malvingt2

Suicide Squad, starring:

Deathstroke

3680811-tumblr_mzuc0s2kg51sccx9jo1_500.gif

Deadshot

deadshot1heisk.gif

Cupid

tumblr_inline_neyhflTTZn1r7vlsl.gif

Huntress

tumblr_inline_mx8wwqoGwB1qigvht.gif

Bronze Tiger

tiger3qakzf.gif

Captain Boomerang

2j21p.gif

Give Huntress and Cupid a Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn dynamic, Boomerang is pissed off all the time, and Deadshot is the team comedian. Deathstroke leads them, and Bronze Tiger is the most dangerous hand-to-hand combatant.

I am down with this.

Was gonna say, it is weird they only bought Laurel with em

Especially since Felicity is a big part of the show. Thea is going through some stuff. Caitlin just had some stuff go down.

Berlanti admitted that was a mistake.

The relevant quote:

You'll note Cassidy was the only woman from either show. After the panel, Berlanti admitted to a small group of reporters that he had messed up on that. They were juggling which actors to bring, ultimately deciding to mainly bring people who played costumed heroes or villains, because the CW was going to put all the costumes on display in the hotel lobby. But even given that, he acknowledged they could have brought the actresses who played Huntress or Cupid, and that it was a mistake to not have more women there (particularly given how much interest there is in characters like Felicity and Caitlin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom